The ORRONEOUS christianity

The ORRONEOUS christianity

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Jun 10

Originally posted by vishvahetu
The christian religion, is is just a lot of gobbaly gook,given to mankind, by past rulers, in an attempt to have power over the masses, by having the last word about god,
firstly, they try an get to you through emotional guilt, by saying god died on the cross for your sins.

The god i beleive in is a big god, and doesn,t hang on a cross and bleed to de ...[text shortened]... ur children. ( its child abuse)

cheers vishva ( i am ready to respond to your queries)
I think your words sound like "gobbaly gook"... You have no foundation, no source of truth, but your "experience"? Please!
First off, the bible does not change. It has always meant murder in the ten commandments...just because some say it means kill, does not change the truth of the bible. There are no contradictions in the bible, it is perfect. The tenacity of scripture is more reliable than Homer or Plato. There are over 23000 copies of the New Testament alone. You can't say that about any other historical book.
The bible is reliable, if you knew anything of the bible, you would know about verifiable prophecy. That is, it is historically proven. Science and archeology only confirm the truth of the bible...
Secondly, God did not hang on a cross, His Son did, for good reason, which I will not get into at this time.
What Christians are saying is to repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. Why? To be saved from death. That sounds like love and mercy to me!
Your concept of hell is not biblical. An unbeliever dies and will cease to exist, only true Christians are promised eternal life.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
05 Jun 10

Originally posted by checkbaiter
I think your words sound like "gobbaly gook"... You have no foundation, no source of truth, but your "experience"? Please!
First off, the bible does not change. It has always meant murder in the ten commandments...just because some say it means kill, does not change the truth of the bible. There are no contradictions in the bible, it is perfect. The te ...[text shortened]... An unbeliever dies and will cease to exist, only true Christians are promised eternal life.
Is the bible reliable LITERALLY?
...i think not. the world was not created in 6 days...wher do you draw the line?( between allegory and literal truth?)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Jun 10

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Is the bible reliable LITERALLY?
...i think not. the world was not created in 6 days...wher do you draw the line?( between allegory and literal truth?)
Why not, do you think this is too hard for God, in your mind?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
05 Jun 10

Why not, do you think this is too hard for God, in your mind?
So you saying the Earth was created 6000 years ago? 🙄

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
05 Jun 10

To Settl

you want proof that christianity is goobly gook. well it is, and you first have to have a sincere desire to no real truth, and then go out and question everything for your self, because its your journey.

i beleive in god myself, and i am not a muslim or jew or buddist, i am a truth seeker, and i was a christian also when young, but as soon as i cdould question it for myself i rejected it for some thing higher and richer

I would love to convince you in 5 minutes but you keep wanting to quote the bible, which is not the authority on the subject of god, but all christians think so.

you see you dont read other books, that arent of the christian faith, and thats a problem for you when searching for truth.

i want you please to go out and buy this book, and readb it very carefully, you can even send me a message and we can discuss it, and i can answer any queries, ok

book title> Conversations with God by Neile Donald Walsch

this book will help you see what is what, ok, and if it doesn,t then youve only waisted $25, but it is the most important book thats been written for 2000 yrs

cheers your freind vishvahetu

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
06 Jun 10

To Settl

you want proof that christianity is goobly gook. well it is, and you first have to have a sincere desire to no real truth, and then go out and question everything for your self, because its your journey.

i beleive in god myself, and i am not a muslim or jew or buddist, i am a truth seeker, and i was a christian also when young, but as soon ...[text shortened]... is the most important book thats been written for 2000 yrs

cheers your freind vishvahetu
And don't forget to visit the gift shop before you leave the sanctuary of Mr. Walsch's wisdom.

P.S. Weren't you the one who said we couldn't quote from any book? I'm just saying.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Jun 10
1 edit

So you saying the Earth was created 6000 years ago? 🙄
There are many theories about that. I am not certain. Some theologians say in verse 1 and 2 of Genesis...
Gen 1:1-2
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.
(NKJ)

They say there is no word "was" in the Aramaic, the word would better be translated "became" without form,etc. The point is that God does not create anything "tohu va bohu" or in vain. There are references in the scriptures to this. So there is an explanation in one theory that this is when the "war" in heaven occurred with Lucifer, thus afterward the earth was a mess. That is why God simply said "Let there be light', etc., because whatever it is composed of was already created.
There is plenty of info on this if you wish to read more. But in any event, the earth could be 6000 or 6000000 yrs old. I don't know.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
06 Jun 10

to Checkbaiter

Why do you reject exsperience, and accept something from a book blindly, well because your foolish.

What do you mean the bible doesnt change, for 2000 yrs it told us thou shalt not kill. and now it says thou shalt not murder, they have changed the word of god, its there in black and white. (because their ashamed of animal slaughter)

what do you mean the concept of hell is not biblical, we only know of hell, because of the christain religion, the preachers of past made sure that we where very aware of the place.

you are so ignorant, by saying non beleivers cease to exist, dont you know that the soul is indestuctable, and eternal, so do you teach your children that nonsense,
because the soul is a part of god, and you are saying that god destroys part of himself.

you should stop abusing the people, by dishing up those rediculous ideas about god

cheers vishvahetu

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
06 Jun 10

mr checkbaiter

who actually cares how old the earth is, lets try and use our thinking power to make the word a better place.

cheers vishvahetu

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
06 Jun 10

There are many theories about that. I am not certain. Some theologians say in verse 1 and 2 of Genesis...
Gen 1:1-2
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.
(NKJ)

They say there is no wo ...[text shortened]... ead more. But in any event, the earth could be 6000 or 6000000 yrs old. I don't know.
So the bible's is not literal, right

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
06 Jun 10
1 edit

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
And don't forget to visit the gift shop before you leave the sanctuary of Mr. Walsch's wisdom.

P.S. Weren't you the one who said we couldn't quote from any book? I'm just saying.
I checked out a free 8min video.
Very good. No problems here. I would advocate this author along with vishvahetu

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
06 Jun 10

to karoly aczel

the bible, wether taken literally or not, does not put forward the truth, it was written by scribes who were told to write in a very specifc way, under the threat of punishment if they dont.

you see King Constantine decided to make christianity the religion of the day, because he couldnt defeat them, so he joined them.

cheers vishvahetu

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
06 Jun 10

to Freaky KBH

i said not to quote from a book, because i wanted to stop the flood of christians using the bible to prop-up their nonsense teachings.

if i suggest to someone to buy a book,its not the same thing cheers vishvahetu

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Jun 10

to Checkbaiter

Why do you reject exsperience, and accept something from a book blindly, well because your foolish.

What do you mean the bible doesnt change, for 2000 yrs it told us thou shalt not kill. and now it says thou shalt not murder, they have changed the word of god, its there in black and white. (because their ashamed of animal slaughter) ...[text shortened]... uld stop abusing the people, by dishing up those rediculous ideas about god

cheers vishvahetu
Here again you fail to separate the Word of God from religion. I don't know what you were taught about the bible. Religion and tradition were trashed by Jesus Himself!
I see you have no real biblical knowledge nor do you seek it. Your mind is made up on your experience.
As far as the bible, it is a book that requires much study and prayer that God would reveal some of it to you. But don't come to it with an attitude, come humbly as a child and receive the "milk" of the word first, then you will be ready for some meat where you can get some true experience. Experience that you can be confident with, that it is from God and not some other source.(I am trying to be kind)
Mightier than yourself have trashed the bible and tried to destroy it, but it is still here.
All God wants is to love you and have a genuine relationship with you. He wants all to come to a knowledge of the truth and be saved. He is a good God, kind and merciful....He forgives and remembers no more....
If you want an exciting and adventurous life experiencing God's power in your life, come to Him honestly and humbly. You will not be disappointed. 🙂

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Jun 10

So the bible's is not literal, right
Mostly it is, except for figures of speech...But they are not difficult to spot. When God uses a figure, it is for emphasis...But as I stated, one must understand at least some of the different kinds of figures...Look up E.W.Bullinger and others...

Here is a ten minute video....

http://www.truthortradition.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1255