1. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    23 Dec '18 14:54
    There's no such thing coming from anyone posting in this forum, and how can there be? No one is perfect.

With that in mind, from my perspective, the idea is to formulate an environment where ideas and beliefs can be discussed as objectively as possible.

That means keeping your personal feelings about your debate opponent to yourself. Your insults, derogatory remarks and ad hominem attacks are not welcomed. Expect reciprocality. After all we're all only human.

Stay on topic. Keep remarks and comments on point. Respond to what is being said instead of what you may think is an ulterior motive.

Behave as a civilized human being. Give credit where credit is due, and allow some wobble room for your flawed fellow man, or woman as the case may be.

Other positive additional comments are welcomed.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Dec '18 15:37
    @secondson said
    There's no such thing coming from anyone posting in this forum, and how can there be? No one is perfect.

With that in mind, from my perspective, the idea is to formulate an environment where ideas and beliefs can be discussed as objectively as possible.

That means keeping your personal feelings about your debate opponent to yourself. Your insults, derogatory remarks a ...[text shortened]... flawed fellow man, or woman as the case may be.

Other positive additional comments are welcomed.
    It is easier for a discussion to take place without motivation mongering, and personal slights.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Dec '18 15:46
    @SecondSon

If everyone would just agree that I 'am' perfect, things would go swimmingly.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Dec '18 17:40
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    @SecondSon

LOL...As I said many times you think you are Superior to others!!!! 😛

-VR
  5. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    23 Dec '18 19:29
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    @SecondSon

How about I say you're almost as perfect as I am? 😇
  6. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    23 Dec '18 19:40
    @kellyjay said
    It is easier for a discussion to take place without motivation mongering, and personal slights.
    Yes. A place where a person can discuss topics free of unnecessary grief and stress, and feel comfortable expressing their beliefs and opinions with other fellow human beings.

Like with you kelly. I don't always agree with you, and I've expressed that to you on various occasions, but I try to see the big picture and am willing to overlook our differences for the sake comradery and mutual respect.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Dec '18 19:47
    @secondson said
    How about I say you're almost as perfect as I am? 😇
    Ah, but there's the rub sir. As a Christian, it is incumbent upon you to show humility. As an atheist, I can freely announce my genius and, if the opportunity presents itself, even pilfer your wallet.
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    23 Dec '18 20:15
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Ah, but there's the rub sir. As a Christian, it is incumbent upon you to show humility. As an atheist, I can freely announce my genius and, if the opportunity presents itself, even pilfer your wallet.
    Yes, without a moral compass you may as well mug him.
    Your morality is completely subjective so have fun.

(Of course you may find his moral compass in his wallet in which case you are saved!)
  9. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    24 Dec '18 00:26
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    My old friend, I'm so humble it makes me sick to think of how proud I really am. You are a genius, what with the way you trounced all over me in chess. But don't forget how I held you off to a draw in our last game.

Take my wallet, all you'll find in there is my lifetime membership card with the Moral Majority, expired. 😎
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Dec '18 08:25
    @secondson said
    My old friend, I'm so humble it makes me sick to think of how proud I really am.
    My goodness, an atheist as an “old friend”, whatever next.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Dec '18 08:28
    @divegeester said
    My goodness, an atheist as an “old friend”, whatever next.
    It looks like our friendship might successfully ride out the storm about it that was being kicked up recently.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Dec '18 16:11
    @fmf said
    It looks like our friendship might successfully ride out the storm about it that was being kicked up recently.
    It is amusing to notice that secondSon has today decided to start accusing me of hypocrisy, the very day he called an atheist his “good friend” when he is simultaneously deriding me for being friends with you and GoaD.

Only at RHP!
  13. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    24 Dec '18 16:44
    @divegeester said
    It is amusing to notice that secondSon has today decided to start accusing me of hypocrisy, the very day he called an atheist his “good friend” when he is simultaneously deriding me for being friends with you and GoaD.

Only at RHP!
    Just goes to prove you can't read. I never derided you for being friends with anyone.

I have lots of atheist friends. So what?

Obviously you're just looking for ways to "score points" even if you need make crap up to do it.

At least you have FMF to give you support. Nice friend.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Dec '18 19:01
    @secondson said
    Just goes to prove you can't read. I never derided you for being friends with anyone.

I have lots of atheist friends. So what?

Obviously you're just looking for ways to "score points" even if you need make crap up to do it.

At least you have FMF to give you support. Nice friend.
    Yes FMF is good friend and a sound human being who doesn’t feel the need to put himself up here at RHP by telling everyone what tough guy is. You I’m not interested in in the slightest, you have nothing to offer me in the spiritual nor the secular.
  15. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    24 Dec '18 19:29
    @divegeester said
    Yes FMF is good friend and a sound human being who doesn’t feel the need to put himself up here at RHP by telling everyone what tough guy is. You I’m not interested in in the slightest, you have nothing to offer me in the spiritual nor the secular.
    Nice little rant, but as inconsequential as the rest of your posts in this forum.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree