1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 Oct '18 19:51
    @thinkofone said
    Like the Pharisee they "[pray] thus]": "God, I thank you that I am not like other men who do not believe in the atoning sacrifice and resurrection of Christ". They "[trust] in themselves that they [are] righteous".

Both the Pharisee and those Christians judge themselves righteous even when they are not in fact righteous as judged by the words spoken by Jesus during His ...[text shortened]... ast day." Those who truly keep His commandments and truly abide in His word are the truly righteous.
    Instead of addressing the points I've been making, you seem to have chosen to point out some ways in which the gospel in which you believe are different from the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.

The points I've been making rest upon Luke 18:9-14 and John 12:48 and are part of the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry. In that gospel Jesus said what He said. Thus far, you've avoided addressing HIS words. Instead you rely on the words of those other than Jesus.

In the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry there is no "distinction between justification and sanctification".
    In the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry there is no "distinction between positional righteousness and dispositional righteous living".
    In the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry there is no concept that "
    Judicially the believer is reconciled to God by the death of Christ on his behalf".

The gospel you believe in is a different gospel. It is a gospel that leads its believers to "[trust] in themselves that they [are] righteous" as I outlined in my earlier posts. As such they are the modern day equivalent of the Pharisees.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 Oct '18 19:561 edit
    @divegeester said
    So my checkmate questions which you repeatedly ignore, are “red herrings” are they.

They are just questions about the words of Jesus ToO, I thought you loved the words of Jesus...?
    Yes. They are red herrings.

If you haven't read the article at the link I cited earlier, you really should.

If you have read it, clearly you failed to understand it. More's the pity. Perhaps you have a friend that can help you to comprehend what is being conveyed there.

Educate yourself.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Oct '18 20:01
    @thinkofone said
    Yes. They are red herrings.

If you haven't read the article at the link I cited earlier, you really should.

If you have read it, clearly you failed to understand it. More's the pity. Perhaps you have a friend that can help you to comprehend what is being conveyed there.

Educate yourself.
    I won’t learn anything from a coward.
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 Oct '18 20:381 edit
    @divegeester said
    I won’t learn anything from a coward.
    Interesting how many Christians resort to this petulant child routine. Perhaps it goes hand-in-hand with the false humility routine cited in the OP.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Oct '18 20:49
    @thinkofone said
    Interesting how many Christians resort to this petulant child routine.
    You get lots of Christians calling you a coward?
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 Oct '18 20:55
    @divegeester said
    You get lots of Christians calling you a coward?
    And DG's petulant child routine continues....

Do you also do the false humility routine?
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    12 Oct '18 11:53
    @sonship said
    [quote]
    Both the Pharisee and those Christians judge themselves righteous even when they are not in fact righteous as judged by the words spoken by Jesus during His ministry. Jesus said, "“He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day." Those who truly keep His commandments and truly abide i ...[text shortened]... sanctification, conformation in which his living become more and more conformed to Christ's living.
    Instead of addressing the points I've been making, you seem to have chosen to point out some ways in which the gospel in which you believe are different from the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.

The points I've been making rest upon Luke 18:9-14 and John 12:48 and are part of the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry. In that gospel Jesus said what He said. Thus far, you've avoided addressing HIS words. Instead you rely on the words of those other than Jesus.

In the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry there is no "distinction between justification and sanctification".
    In the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry there is no "distinction between positional righteousness and dispositional righteous living".
    In the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry there is no concept that "
    Judicially the believer is reconciled to God by the death of Christ on his behalf".

The gospel you believe in is a different gospel. It is a gospel that leads its believers to "[trust] in themselves that they [are] righteous" as I outlined in my earlier posts. As such they are the modern day equivalent of the Pharisees.
  8. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    12 Oct '18 12:30
    @thinkofone said
    Interesting how many Christians resort to this petulant child routine. Perhaps it goes hand-in-hand with the false humility routine cited in the OP.
    Well to be fair, atheists also consider you a coward.
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    12 Oct '18 19:10
    @thinkofone said

The points I've been making rest upon Luke 18:9-14 and John 12:48 and are part of the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry. In that gospel Jesus said what ...[text shortened]... ous" as I outlined in my earlier posts. As such they are the modern day equivalent of the Pharisees.
    Bump for jaywill
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Oct '18 02:31
    @thinkofone said
    Bump for jaywill
    Why is it you bump for others to answer, and yet you refuse to answer questions
    put to you?
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Oct '18 02:49
    @divegeester said
    I’ve been asking ToO a set of very specific very simple questions about “the words of Jesus”, the “gospel of Jesus” for over a year now. He refuses to answer, not because he doesn’t know the answer but because he cannot answer.

He cannot answer because they are checkmate questions in that if he answers in the negative (no) it reveals his pretence in this forum, if he ...[text shortened]... ) he is lying.

One of the questions is in the thread a few posts up, you can see him dodging it.
    Believe it or not I'm aware of this however I dont share your concern. You may be wasting your breath but who knows, ToO may be beaten into submission 😀
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '18 04:19
    @kellyjay said
    Why is it you bump for others to answer, and yet you refuse to answer questions
    put to you?
    A aser beam focused question which is bang on target Sir.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Oct '18 08:58
    @divegeester said
    A aser beam focused question which is bang on target Sir.
    Not only that, not a difficult question either.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '18 09:02
    @divegeester

Oh “L”
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Oct '18 09:57
    @divegeester said
    @divegeester

Oh “L”
    Knew what y u meant. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree