1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 12:481 edit
    Demons are unclean and evil spirits.
    Demons are not fallen angels.

RJHinds and I had this debate a few years ago.
    He is no longer here. But I will explain the better interpretation of the origin of demons again.

Demons are disembodied spirits of some creatures which lived in the ages before Adam the first man was created.

If there are some honest pushbacks I will try to use those observations to clarify why demons are pre-Adamic beings who have been deprived of their bodies and rebelliously roam the earth.

They have followed Satan in his rebellion like the bad angels though.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 13:063 edits
    The Bible says that God MADE the heavens and the earth in six days. It does not say that He CREATED the heavens and earth in six days.

He created the universe "in the beginning" - (Genesis 1:1).

Something happened to destroy that original created world and after some unknown and unspecified interval God MADE the heavens and earth in preparation of man in six days.

We have only a glimmer of light about the pre-Adamic ages. But during that time a rebellion fermented from the highest being God created, the Daystar or Lucifer [Latin]. This creature created so wise and so humble and beautiful was very close to God with high rank and responsibility. He was called "the Anointed Cherub".

This highest of created beings became Satan the Devil.
    He led the universal rebellion of a subset of beings against God.

Part of that opposition party were beings who are today the demons. They are disembodied spirits whose bodies were destroyed. The reason that they seek to possess human bodies is because they have been deprived of their own bodies.

They had bodies in the age before man was created.
    They have none now and seek by possession to secure bodies among sinful human beings.

They are another class of evil beings besides fallen angels.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 13:271 edit
    When we analyze Matthew 8:28-34 carefully we can see much about demons.

"And when He came to the other side, into the region of the Gadarenes, two possessed by demons met Him, as they were coming out of the tombs, so exceedingly fierce that no one was able to pass by on the road.

And behold, they cried out, saying, What do we have to do with You, Son of God? Have You come here before the time to torment us?

Now there was, a good way off from them, a herd of many hogs feeding. And the demons entreated Him, saying, If You cast us out, send us into the heard of hogs.

And He said to them, Go! And they came out and went into the hogs. And behold, the whole heard rushed down the steep slope into the sea, and they died in the waters. (Matt. 8:28-32)

1.) Why were the demons in the two men ?
    2.) Why did the demon possessed men hang around graves and tombs?
    3.) What did the demons mean by "before the time" referring to some future time of torment?
    4.) Why did they expect the Son of God to cast them OUT of the men?
    5.) Why did they want to go into the hogs?
    6.) Why did the hogs then rush down and drown in the water?

Please get the more serious answers in before the comedians.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 13:311 edit
    Originally posted by @sonship
    3.) What did the demons mean by "before the time" referring to some future time of torment?

Do you already know what the answers are that you are going to accept? Or do you genuinely not know what the six answers are?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 13:50
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Do you already know what the answers are that you are going to accept? Or do you genuinely not know what the six answers are?
    I don't know everything.
    And when I come to a matter I am not sure about I will let everyone know.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 13:541 edit
    When we analyze [b]Matthew 8:28-34 carefully we can see much about demons.

[quote] "And when He came to the other side, into the region of the Gadarenes, two possessed by demons met Him, as they were coming out of the tombs, so exceedingly fierce that no one was able to pass by on the road.

And behold, they cried out, saying, What do we have ...[text shortened]... sh down and drown in the water?

With the exception of Jesus being the Son of God, I don't think anything in these several questions is a matter of salvation. If you don't agree with something I wrote, it doesn't mean you can't be a believer in Jesus Christ.

You may disagree and love the Lord Jesus more than I do.
    That would be wonderful.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 13:591 edit
    Let me ask this, Which one of the questions some of you find the most interesting?

Today at least, Why the demon possessed men were hanging around the tombs I have never contemplated before. I think I can propose an answer.

Maybe we'll get there.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 20:131 edit
    Something should be said, even if we do not know everything.

Man is the battlefield between God and Satan.
    The earth, the very planet, is the goal of the contest.
    Man is the battlefield and key to whether the earth is for God's kingdom or for Satan's kingdom.

Jesus said the evil spirits wander about in "waterless places" seeking homes in human bodies. And sometimes they can gang up as a team or army on one sinner's body.

Matthew 12:43-45 -

" When the unclean spirit goes out from the man, it roams through waterless places, seeking rest, and does not find it. (v.43)

Then it says, I will return to my house from which I came out. And it comes and finds it unoccupied, swept, and decorated.

Then it goes and takes along with itself seven other spirits more evil than itself, and they enter in and settle down there. And the last state of the man becomes worse than the first. Thus it shall be also with this evil generation."

To possess men's bodies is the demons contribution to the war between Satan and God for the earth. Of course it also fulfills the demonic spirits lust for rest, a rest that it has been deprived of since very ancient times when God crushed an old pre-adamic world run by a rebellious archangel.

For sure the demon did not go out of the man originally voluntarily. In the spiritual warfare he was expelled out either by godly people's prayer or command or the person's own repentance to God.

The demon wanders outside with a terrible sense of unrest. The evil spirit decides to get reinforcements. With the aid of other even more evil demons it goes back to the human sinner's body, invades it, and secures it more strongly with a legion of filthy companion demon helpers more evil than itself.

Below I will explain what "waterless places" mean. It has to do with the assigned place of confinement the demons were to remain in after the judgment of the pre-adamic world.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 20:301 edit
    From Matthew 12:43
    " When the unclean spirit goes out from the man, it roams through waterless places, seeking rest, and does not find it. " (v.43)

Demons are symbolically pictured in Revelation as amphibious animals - frogs to be exact.

"And I saw, out of the mouth of the dragon [Satan] and out of the mouth of the beast [Antichrist] and out of the mouth of the false prophet [the False Prophet] three unclean spirits as FROGS.

For they are spirits of DEMONS doing signs, which go forth to the kings of the whole inhabited earth to gather them to the war of the great day of God the Almighty." (Rev. 16:13,14)

Amphibious frogs live partly in the water and partly on the dry land.

The demons place of confinement was to be the sea, the water after God judged the pre-Adamic world. The ruin and waste of that judged world was seen as the waters in Genesis 1:2.

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. (v.1)

But the earth became waste and emptiness, and darkness was on the surface of the deep." (v.2)

I am not sure how the evil spirits come out of the place of their ordained imprisonment. It must have something to do with the fall of man into sin.

But the tortured and restless beings wander about on the dry land as "waterless places" looking to possess the bodies of sinners among human beings. They are therefore like amphibious frogs which live both in the water and on the dry land.

An immense effort to gain the planet by demons and fallen angels and rebellious human beings takes place at the end of this age. And the demons possess armies and work Satanic miracles to keep Christ and His saints from gaining the planet.

Now we can see the wandering restlessly in "waterless places" and possession of the sinner's body as a legion is a window into the warfare between God and Satan over man and the earth.

This will be important to see also why the hogs, once receiving the demons into their bodies, rushed down into the sea in Matthew 8:32.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 23:48
    Something should be said, even if we do not know everything.

Man is the battlefield between God and Satan.
    The earth, the very planet, is the goal of the contest.
    Man is the battlefield and key to whether the earth is for God's kingdom or for Satan's kingdom.
    So, you have answered No.1

What about the answers to these...

11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 23:48
    Demons are unclean and evil spirits.
    Demons are not fallen angels.

RJHinds and I had this debate a few years ago.
    He is no longer here. But I will explain the better interpretation of the origin of demons again.

Demons are disembodied spirits of some creatures which lived in the ages before Adam the first man was created.

If there are some hones ...[text shortened]... liously roam the earth.

They have followed Satan in his rebellion like the bad angels though.
    Aren’t demons the beings which, according to you, are influencing Rajk999?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 23:49
    Why would a Christian start a thread like this.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Feb '18 23:57
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Why would a Christian start a thread like this.
    Because of me and my recent proclamations. He thinks he's cautioning the forum against bad influences , but everyone knows in their heart , it's just clouded in most hearts. All good . Change is in the air and the winds are blowing the clouds away . Praise the Lord
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '18 00:13
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Because of me and my recent proclamations. He thinks he's cautioning the forum against bad influences , but everyone knows in their heart , it's just clouded in most hearts. All good . Change is in the air and the winds are blowing the clouds away . Praise the Lord
    Unlikely.
  15. S. Korea
    Moves
    27 Feb '18 01:59
    The demons are the fallen angels.

Angels do not have bodies and are "disembodied spirits" for lack of a better word.

A third of all angels are demons; this is based off of a passage in Revelations about a third of the stars being blotted out. One romantic interpretation that Fr. Chad Ripperger puts forward based on traditional Catholicism is that the humans are to replace one third of these diminished demons.

There is no reason to believe that there is some pre-human remnant of ensouled beings that became demons. What is the Biblical basis for that -- or are we totally dispensing with the Bible and just constructing the scenario that we want?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree