1. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    29 May '07 08:47
    at what stage does something become evil..? if i shoot a person am i evil..? how about if that person was about to kill thousands, i was aware of this and so stopped him... am i still evil..? if the first and second world wars stop a nuclear war from happening and so prevent half the world from destroying itself, were those wars wrong..? if a woman is raped and becomes pregnant, has the child and that child grows up and finds a cure for cancer was that act evil..? if i am tempted by the devil and fall to that temptation, yet in doing so seek god for forgiveness and find that forgiveness which brings me closed to god, was that temptaton evil..?

my point here is christains identify evil with the devil and good with god; yet we have seen time and again that the two are intertwined... this this in mind, doesnt it imply they come from the same source..?
  2. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    29 May '07 09:21
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    at what stage does something become evil..? if i shoot a person am i evil..? how about if that person was about to kill thousands, i was aware of this and so stopped him... am i still evil..? if the first and second world wars stop a nuclear war from happening and so prevent half the world from destroying itself, were those wars wrong..? if a woman is ra ...[text shortened]... the two are intertwined... this this in mind, doesnt it imply they come from the same source..?
    The devil is not evil, he is just doing his job, he is in charge of hell and punishes sinners so he is good. He is an Angel called Lucifer.
  3. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    29 May '07 12:16
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    The devil is not evil, he is just doing his job, he is in charge of hell and punishes sinners so he is good. He is an Angel called Lucifer.
    doesnt god punish sinners..? is that why sinners are sent to hell..? why would the devil punish his own kind..?
  4. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    29 May '07 13:00
    doesnt god punish sinners..? is that why sinners are sent to hell..? why would the devil punish his own kind..?
    The devil is not in hell with his own kind... he is not a sinner. Lucifer's compassion for the life on Earth led him to question why God would create something so incredibly catalytic toward suffering. Then God cast him down to Earth in rage where he roamed for many thousands of years, before God himself came down to experience mortal life, the greatest suffering of all. He fasted for forty days and nights in the desert and spoke with Lucifer who still loved him very much, and Lucifer came to understand the Lord's wisdom and accepted his penance as the keeper of the lake of fire, as the punisher of those who sought to ease their mortal suffering by sin.
  5. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    29 May '07 13:30
    The devil is not in hell with his own kind... he is not a sinner. Lucifer's compassion for the life on Earth led him to question why God would create something so incredibly catalytic toward suffering. Then God cast him down to Earth in rage where he roamed for many thousands of years, before God himself came down to experience mortal life, the greatest su ...[text shortened]... f the lake of fire, as the punisher of those who sought to ease their mortal suffering by sin.
    That's a horrible avatar you have.
  6. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    29 May '07 15:25
    The devil is not in hell with his own kind... he is not a sinner. Lucifer's compassion for the life on Earth led him to question why God would create something so incredibly catalytic toward suffering. Then God cast him down to Earth in rage where he roamed for many thousands of years, before God himself came down to experience mortal life, the greatest su ...[text shortened]... f the lake of fire, as the punisher of those who sought to ease their mortal suffering by sin.
    hold on, so where does temptation come from?
  7. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    29 May '07 15:25
    also, sorry, but your avatar is just dreadful
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 May '07 16:17
    at what stage does something become evil..? if i shoot a person am i evil..? how about if that person was about to kill thousands, i was aware of this and so stopped him... am i still evil..? if the first and second world wars stop a nuclear war from happening and so prevent half the world from destroying itself, were those wars wrong..? if a woman is ra ...[text shortened]... the two are intertwined... this this in mind, doesnt it imply they come from the same source..?
    Sorry, but this entire premise is flawed. Evil acts may have positive consequences, but that does not change the fact that the acts themselves are evil.
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    29 May '07 16:19
    hold on, so where does temptation come from?
    Human volition.
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    29 May '07 16:21
    Your theology sounds like some amalgamation of Mormon/Unity/Transformer. We'll call your people MUT's.
  11. Illinois
    Moves
    29 May '07 16:28
    Wrong.
  12. Illinois
    Moves
    29 May '07 16:29
    Wrong.
  13. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    29 May '07 16:44
    also, sorry, but your avatar is just dreadful
    Perhaps, but at least mine doesn't kill epileptics.
  14. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    29 May '07 17:29
    that sounds cool
  15. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    29 May '07 22:50
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Perhaps, but at least mine doesn't kill epileptics.
    no, it wasnt aimed at you... it was aimed at that user's avatar that makes my eyes spin, my head rotate and forces me to speak in strange tongues just by looking at it

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree