1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jul '23 08:02
    Dinosaurs existed; surely that is undeniable. But when?

The problem for YECs, including of course KellyJay, Josephw and the like, is that if the earth and all life on it is circa 6,000 years old as they claim, then this means that humans and dinosaurs coexisted. And if they coexisted then how come none of them were on Noah’s ark?

From the Bible Genesis 7 : 1-4
    The Lord then said to Noah, “Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation. 2 Take with you seven pairs of every kind of clean animal, a male and its mate, and one pair of every kind of unclean animal, a male and its mate, 3 and also seven pairs of every kind of bird, male and female, to keep their various kinds alive throughout the earth. 4 Seven days from now I will send rain on the earth for forty days and forty nights, and I will wipe from the face of the earth every living creature I have made.”

Here are the choices as I see them:
    1) dinosaurs existed and went extinct long long before humans existed. But this means that creation can’t be 6,000 years old and biblical literalism unravels.

2) dinosaurs coexisted with humans but were left off of the ark. But this means that the Genesis account above is incorrect and biblical literalism unravels.

3) post some more fur-balls about “mindlessness” or divegeester being an apostate in the hope that the ensuing argument will distract from the OP

4) carry on ignoring divegeester, (except for periodically calling him a liar) and carry on shaking the sand from my shoes while keeping my zealot head firmly in my ass.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Jul '23 08:13
    @divegeester said
    The problem for YECs, including of course KellyJay, Josephw and the like, is that if the earth and all life on it is circa 6,000 years old as they claim, then this means that humans and dinosaurs coexisted.
    KellyJay recently suggested that if all the evidence points to X, then that deduction-that-it's-X is our [humanity's] problem and not that of his God figure. This is, of course, one of the great discursive ripcords allowing YEC believers to parachute back down to the safety of their echo chamber.
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    20 Jul '23 09:171 edit
    @divegeester

5) I had this same discussion with RJHINDS some years ago. He maintained that dinosaurs survived the flood and did indeed co/habit the earth with modern humans. His ‘evidence’ was the legend of St. George and the dragon. He thought dragons were real dinosaurs, not mythical creatures like griffins. When confronted with the fact that fossils take millions of years to form, he claimed that fossilization can occur in minutes. He cited YEC pseudo-scientific web sites claiming such things.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Jul '23 12:371 edit
    @divegeester said
    Dinosaurs existed; surely that is undeniable. But when?

The problem for YECs, including of course KellyJay, Josephw and the like, is that if the earth and all life on it is circa 6,000 years old as they claim, then this means that humans and dinosaurs coexisted. And if they coexisted then how come none of them were on Noah’s ark?

From the Bible Genesis 7 : 1-4
    [i]T ...[text shortened]... m a liar) and carry on shaking the sand from my shoes while keeping my zealot head firmly in my ass.
    All YEC, Flat-earthers, Vegans who campaign for ending meat-eating and other such radical groups should be put in a mental institution. Those things not even worth discussing or arguing over.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jul '23 14:28
    @moonbus said
    @divegeester

5) I had this same discussion with RJHINDS some years ago. He maintained that dinosaurs survived the flood and did indeed co/habit the earth with modern humans. His ‘evidence’ was the legend of St. George and the dragon. He thought dragons were real dinosaurs, not mythical creatures like griffins. When confronted with the fact that fossils take millions of yea ...[text shortened]... t fossilization can occur in minutes. He cited YEC pseudo-scientific web sites claiming such things.
    RJHINDS once told me that I deserved to be burnt alive in hell for not believing in the doctrine of Jesus burning people alive in hell.
  6. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    20 Jul '23 15:19
    @divegeester said
    RJHINDS once told me that I deserved to be burnt alive in hell for not believing in the doctrine of Jesus burning people alive in hell.
    The scary bit is that people like that are allowed to own guns and vote.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Jul '23 18:46
    @moonbus said
    @divegeester

5) I had this same discussion with RJHINDS some years ago. He maintained that dinosaurs survived the flood and did indeed co/habit the earth with modern humans. His ‘evidence’ was the legend of St. George and the dragon. He thought dragons were real dinosaurs, not mythical creatures like griffins. When confronted with the fact that fossils take millions of yea ...[text shortened]... t fossilization can occur in minutes. He cited YEC pseudo-scientific web sites claiming such things.
    The guy was a twit in the style of Metal Brain.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Jul '23 18:48
    @rajk999 said
    All YEC, Flat-earthers, Vegans who campaign for ending meat-eating and other such radical groups should be put in a mental institution. Those things not even worth discussing or arguing over.
    But, as you've told us numerous times, you don't judge people.
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    20 Jul '23 21:23
    @suzianne said
    The guy was a twit in the style of Metal Brain.
    And smug, too.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Jul '23 02:28
    @moonbus said
    And smug, too.
    Yep, went around with him more than once.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jul '23 02:431 edit
    @suzianne said
    But, as you've told us numerous times, you don't judge people.
    I said no such thing, you stupid liar. I am aware [unlike you] that both Jesus and the Apostles warned good people to keep away from evil people, false prophets and those who follow Satan. In order to do that you must judge for yourself what kind of people there are around you.
  12. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    21 Jul '23 03:01
    @divegeester said
    Aren't you glad there is no hell ?
  13. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    21 Jul '23 05:33
    @caissad4 said
    “Hell is — other people.”

Jean-Paul Sartre
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Jul '23 06:09
    @caissad4 said
    No more glad than I am that there isn’t a monster under my bed.
  15. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    21 Jul '23 09:06
    @divegeester said
    No more glad than I am that there isn’t a monster under my bed.
    What, no monsters in your bed?

😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree