1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 15:531 edit
    The process for spiritual development is for everyone and there is no one who is exempt from effectively gaining spiritual enlightment.....except for persons who are untruthful. envious, and mischievous. ....but even these persons can be spiritualized if they give up these negative,s

Chanting the names of God has a powerful effect on cleaning all the dirty things covering the heart, and cleaning the heart is most important.

The dirt covering the heart is coming in the form of error that people hold fast to because of illusion, and this illusion will be broken by chanting.

Gods name is transcendental and it is non different to Gods self, therefore chanting Gods name allows one to associate with the Lord immediately.

The chanting is like a spiritual fire and it burns up sinful reaction from the person going far back to the persons previous lives, and this has a definite purifying affect that can be directly experienced.

Following the 4 regulative principles of human living namely: no meat eating, no gambling, no illicit sex and no drugs or intoxication.....is also very important for the over all purification of self.'

Following theses regulative principles and chanting the Maha Mantra, and reading all the literature presented by His Divine Grace AC Bhaktivedanta Srila Prabhupada, is the beginning of spiritual life, and without doing these 3 things no person can make advancement in spiritual life.

Of course reading all the literature presented by Srila Prabhupada is most important, but chanting the name of God is the first thing to do and its very easy.......the reason chanting comes first is that it purifies the heart and with a purified heart the person can understand the written word more clearly.

The Maha Mantra is as follows....

Hare Krsna - Hare Krsna - Krsna Krsna - Hare Hare
    Hare Rama - Hare Rama - Rama Rama - Hare Hare

Copy this and place it on your bathroom mirror and in no time you will remember it, and put a copy in your car as well.

The transcendental vibration established by the chanting of Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare/ Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare is the sublime method of reviving our transcendental consciousness. Krsna means "the all-attractive person", Rama means "the highest pleasure", and Hare refers to Krsna's internal pleasure potency known as Srimati Radharani.

As living spiritual souls we are all originally Krsna conscious entities, but due to our association with matter from time immemorial, our consciousness is now polluted by the material atmosphere. The material environment, in which we are now living, is called maya, or illusion. Maya means "that which is not". And what is this illusion?

The illusion is that we are all trying to be lords of material nature, while actually we are under the grip of her stringent laws. When a servant artificially tries to imitate the all-powerful master, this is called illusion. In this polluted concept of life, we are all trying to exploit the resources of material nature, but actually we are becoming more and more entangled in her complexities.

Therefore, although we are engaged in a hard struggle to conquer nature, we are ever more dependent on her. This illusory struggle against material nature can be stopped at once by revival of our Krsna consciousness. Chanting of the maha-mantra is the transcendental process of reviving of this original, pure consciousness. By chanting of this transcendental vibration we can cleanse our hearts of all impurities. Their basis is the false consciousness that I am the lord of all I survey.

And remember this....there is no other way, there is no other way, there is no other way, for achieving the goal of God realization.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 15:56
    Originally posted by Dasa
    The process for spiritual development is for everyone and there is no one who is exempt from effectively gaining spiritual enlightment.....except for persons who are untruthful. envious, and mischievous. ....but even these persons can be spiritualized if they give up these negative,s

Chanting the names of God has a powerful effect on cleaning all the dirty ...[text shortened]... there is no other way, there is no other way, for achieving the goal of God realization.
    more empty ritual Dasa, we want real spirituality that is alive and effective in our life, not mere rote!
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 16:031 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    more empty ritual Dasa, we want real spirituality that is alive and effective in our life, not mere rote!
    The teachings of Christianity that you defend are fabricated and not authorized, for how could the teachings of Christianity be bonafide if they defend animal slaughter.

You must give up the error and take to the bonafide process, there is no other way.

The chanting of Gods names are the foundation of any spiritual process and for those persons who are academically inclined, there are at least 80 books of spiritual nectar to absorb the mind in, which give detailed description of Gods Self, Gods Kingdom, Gods qualities ands Gods past times.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 16:11
    The teachings of Christianity that you defend are fabricated and not authorized, for how could the teachings of Christianity be bonafide if they defend animal slaughter.

You must give up the error and take to the bonafide process, there is no other way.

The chanting of Gods names are the foundation of any spiritual process and for those persons who are ac ...[text shortened]... which give detailed description of Gods Self, Gods Kingdom, Gods qualities ands Gods past times.
    Why is there a switch in the idea that now animal slaughter is un-spiritual but ten thousand years ago shaman's prayed for a good hunt and everyone was very spiritual about it? The american indian for instance, hunted buffalo and honored the spirit of the animal after killing it, a spiritual gesture if ever I saw one. What makes things so different now? The human mind has not changed one iota for the last 100,000 years so that can't be it. Could it be it is just so ordered and oops, now killing animals is not spiritual anymore?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 16:211 edit

The chanting of Gods names are the foundation of any spiritual process and for those persons who are ac ...[text shortened]... which give detailed description of Gods Self, Gods Kingdom, Gods qualities ands Gods past times.
    We are not discussing Christianity but the empty ritualistic form of worship you espouse. This can do nothing for the adherent and they would be better off joining a chess club.
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 16:47
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Why is there a switch in the idea that now animal slaughter is un-spiritual but ten thousand years ago shaman's prayed for a good hunt and everyone was very spiritual about it? The american indian for instance, hunted buffalo and honored the spirit of the animal after killing it, a spiritual gesture if ever I saw one. What makes things so different now? The ...[text shortened]... it. Could it be it is just so ordered and oops, now killing animals is not spiritual anymore?
    Killing has never been spiritual......and people know this and try to spiritualize the activity for sake of conscience.

False religions have been doing this for a long time.....making some ritual to sacrifice the animal on the alter to appease an angry God of their own fabricating

If there is someone living in the jungle somewhere and if they dont know how to tend to crops for food, and take to hunting for their food, then their karma is a lot less.....its ok to a degree in these circumstances.

Vedanta is an eternal teaching coming from the personality of Godhead, and meat eating has always been out-lawed, but there was a concession to eat meat for some persons, and those persons had to kill the animal with their own hands, and it was a concession only and it was never condoned.

The concession was there in the first place, because there are some persons who will eat meat even if God himself came down from the spiritual world and knocked on their door and told them personally to stop killing, they would then say to God that they do not care the slightest and continue anyway...........and by following the specific ritual described under the concession at least, then their karma was reduced.

Understand this one point please.........when a person follows the spiritual process for spiritual understanding, they stop eating meat under their own volition, and they do it willingly because they loose the desire for meat eating....its not as if they a clenching their fists and saying to themselves...oh I wish I could get my hands on some meat (no)....but they have no desire for eating meat any longer, and the chanting of Gods name is so powerful that anyone who sincerely chants, will loose the desire for meat eating very quickly, and they also loose the desire to engage in many questionable activities, and that's why the chanting comes first.

When I started to chant Gods name at 22yrs old I gave up eating meat that very week, and I also gave up pot smoking, drinking, gambling and told my girlfriend to sleep in her own bed. (all in one week)
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 16:50
    Killing has never been spiritual......and people know this and try to spiritualize the activity for sake of conscience.

False religions have been doing this for a long time.....making some ritual to sacrifice the animal on the alter to appease an angry God of their own fabricating

If there is someone living in the jungle somewhere and if they dont know h ...[text shortened]... moking, drinking, gambling and told my girlfriend to sleep in her own bed. (all in one week)
    Thank you for this information about how your spirituality affects your lifestyle choices and your personal principles.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 16:53
    Understand this one point please.........when a person follows the spiritual process for spiritual understanding, they stop eating meat under their own volition, and they do it willingly because they loose the desire for meat eating..
    I am a a person who follows a path towards spiritual understanding but I still eat meat. This makes your generalized assertion, about what spiritual people do and don't do with regards to meat, inaccurate or mistaken.
  9. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 17:06
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am a a person who follows a path towards spiritual understanding but I still eat meat. This makes your generalized assertion, about what spiritual people do and don't do with regards to meat, inaccurate or mistaken.
    Yes you do many things without conscience, because this is what happens when you fabricate your own spirituality.

When a person who is not genuine or sincere wants to dabble in spirituality, the first thing they do is create a spiritual ideology that protects and defends their vices.

Then they continue with their life as if nothing has changed..... and they then rubber stamp them self spiritual.

If this works for you fine.....but there is no question of obtaining the goal of spiritual life, which is associating with God in your real eternal home where there is no more birth , disease, old age and death.......but you will simply return to this world of suffering over and over again, until you actually become sincere and submit to the authority of God and the authorized process which is not fabricated.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 17:33
    Yes you do many things without conscience, because this is what happens when you fabricate your own spirituality.

When a person who is not genuine or sincere wants to dabble in spirituality, the first thing they do is create a spiritual ideology that protects and defends their vices.

Then they continue with their life as if nothing has changed..... and th ...[text shortened]... e sincere and submit to the authority of God and the authorized process which is not fabricated.
    Thank you for the explanation about what you believe and hope. There were many assertions in there about me and about people who have different belief systems than you. They're all pretty much off target, as usual. I won't go through them all. You know what they are.

Suffice to say, these assertions of yours are not credible or relevant to people - like me - who do not acknowledge or submit to the specific sect or sub-sect of Vedic "authority" that you happen to favour - nor any other of the disputatious Vedic "authorities" that you say are unauthorized "authorities" or "unauthorities" or whatever it is that people that believe more or less what you believe happen to disagree about. Once again, thank you. You provide another brand of religionist dogma that adds to the cultural diversity of this forum.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 17:52

Chanting the names of God has a powerful effect on cleaning all the dirty ...[text shortened]... there is no other way, there is no other way, for achieving the goal of God realization.
    Yeah and if your at the Krsna farm and some one comes upto you and says why aren't you chanting "kare Krrsna", you can say "I'm doing it internally" 🙂
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 17:59
    Originally posted by FMF
    Thank you for the explanation about what you believe and hope. There were many assertions in there about me and about people who have different belief systems than you. They're all pretty much off target, as usual. I won't go through them all. You know what they are.

Suffice to say, these assertions of yours are not credible or relevant to people - like me - ...[text shortened]... another brand of religionist dogma that adds to the cultural diversity of this forum.
    Nothing is credible or relevant to you, and never will be while you invent you own self styled spirituality. ( see thread 11:19 : 53 "you must get yourself qualified Feb 25)

If you continue to do your own thing then do not falsely call it spirituality, and definitely to not teach it to minors.

There is no use following me around the forum telling me that you reject everything, because I know you reject everything, so you can stop doing that from now on..........but if you like you may actually present some spiritual knowledge for a change, that is,..... if you know anything of a worthwhile nature that can be helpful.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 23:48
    There is no use following me around the forum telling me that you reject everything, because I know you reject everything, so you can stop doing that from now on.
    Well perhaps if you stop telling me things like "If you continue to do your own thing then do not falsely call it spirituality, and definitely to not teach it to minors" then I will stop telling you that I my belief system is different from yours.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '11 23:55
    Nothing is credible or relevant to you...
    That is not true. Only the things that are not credible or relevant to me are such. To say that nothing is credible or relevant to me is not true.

...if you like you may actually present some spiritual knowledge for a change, that is,..... if you know anything of a worthwhile nature that can be helpful.

It's a pity that you find my spirituality not "worthwhile" and at the same time want me to find your posts about your spirituality "worthwhile". As far as I am concerned you do not present "spiritual knowledge" that has validity for me, however you do provide me with knowledge about what you believe. For that I thank you.
  15. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Mar '11 03:13
    Originally posted by FMF
    That is not true. Only the things that are not credible or relevant to me are such. To say that nothing is credible or relevant to me is not true.

[b]...if you like you may actually present some spiritual knowledge for a change, that is,..... if you know anything of a worthwhile nature that can be helpful.

It's a pity that you find my spirituality not ...[text shortened]... e, however you do provide me with knowledge about what you believe. For that I thank you.[/b]
    Your belief system is not worthwhile because it allows you to be cruel to animals and it does not speak out against it.

Also your belief system is non existent, because I have no clue what you stand for except that you reject everything and call that spirituality......and your main instructions are to read a book, be curious, live life, and these things are a given if one is breathing.

I am going to stop responding shortly, for we continue to go in circles because you do not present anything except reject, reject, reject......and you do not offer anything to replace your rejection.

If you present some error...I would reject also, but I would offer something in response to what I was rejecting....this is why I say your rejecting is whimsical, because your rejection is without thought and you do not know why you are rejecting half the time.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree