1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Mar '11 04:13
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Your belief system is not worthwhile because it allows you to be cruel to animals and it does not speak out against it.
    I accept that this is what you sincerely believe. I wish you well in your vegetarian lifestyle choice.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Mar '11 04:18
    Also your belief system is non existent, because I have no clue what you stand for except that you reject everything and call that spirituality
    I am not sure why think you "not having a clue" about my belief system somehow makes my belief system "non existent". It's a peculiar thing to assert. But I accept that it is your sincere and adamant belief.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Mar '11 04:23
    your rejecting is whimsical, because your rejection is without thought and you do not know why you are rejecting half the time.
    You are entitled to think whatever you want to think. I can inform you, however, that your assertions about my beliefs being "whimsical" and "without thought" are factually incorrect. I also think you are contradicting yourself when you claim to have "no clue" what my belief system is AND claim that I have reached it "without thought". You are claiming to know about something AND claiming to not know about the same thing at the same time.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Mar '11 05:31
    ..we continue to go in circles because you do not present anything except reject, reject, reject......and you do not offer anything to replace your rejection.
    Dasa, I do not seek to "replace" your belief system. I do not seek to "present" something to you. I am not a religionist. You are a religionist. I am not. You are. Can we at least agree on that? You follow a religion; I don't. Agreed? We are both spiritual beings (as are all humans) but our belief systems are not the same. Agreed?
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    04 Mar '11 10:52
    Killing has never been spiritual......and people know this and try to spiritualize the activity for sake of conscience.

False religions have been doing this for a long time.....making some ritual to sacrifice the animal on the alter to appease an angry God of their own fabricating

If there is someone living in the jungle somewhere and if they dont know h ...[text shortened]... moking, drinking, gambling and told my girlfriend to sleep in her own bed. (all in one week)
    and told my girlfriend to sleep in her own bed.

Out of curiosity, how long did that girlfriend hang about once you told her to sleep in her own bed?

Also, what is 'illicit sex'? You mention it a lot but it's a pretty non-descriptive term. Do the Vedanta's have rules regarding what is allowed in the bedroom, just like (some versions of) Christianity?
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Mar '11 20:02
    "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life." -- John 5:24

"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." -- John 8:32

"Ye are of [your] father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it." -- John 8:44

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." -- John 14:6

"Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice." -- John 18:37

And of course...

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God." -- John 3:16-21

This is all you need, not your "vain repetitions". "The names of God"... yeah, right.

Oh, one final thing:

"Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

Therefore when thou doest [thine] alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:

That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites [are]: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen [do]: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.
    " -- Matthew 6:1-8
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Mar '11 20:23
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    [b]and told my girlfriend to sleep in her own bed.

Out of curiosity, how long did that girlfriend hang about once you told her to sleep in her own bed?

Also, what is 'illicit sex'? You mention it a lot but it's a pretty non-descriptive term. Do the Vedanta's have rules regarding what is allowed in the bedroom, just like (some versions of) Christianity?[/b]
    Illicit sex only applies to a person who is following the spiritual life of spiritual development......anyone else can do as they please for they do anyway.

Illicit sex would mean any sex outside of procreation.

The initiate on the spiritual path has developed spiritual realization, and with that comes a genuine lack of desire for sex.

One of the fastest ways of being rooted in the bodily conception of life is to engage in sex.

The initiate on the path experiences spiritual bliss and happiness and sex for them is distasteful.

She was gone in three months.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Mar '11 01:341 edit
    Illicit sex only applies to a person who is following the spiritual life of spiritual development......anyone else can do as they please for they do anyway.

The initiate on the spiritual path has developed spiritual realization, and with that comes a genuine lack of desire for sex.

One of the faste ...[text shortened]... spiritual bliss and happiness and sex for them is distasteful.

My take is this:

Get it out of your system. Doesn't matter how long you abstain if deep down you just want a good root.
    Thats what life is for. Open our chakras, experience the joy and heartache of sex and relationships, so we can experience directly and build on those experiences. Once we have learned to regulate the exchange of energy that happens when two people engage in intimate activities, then we have real life experience to teach others, if they are open to it.
    Just laying out rules doesn't cut it, and people would only react to those rules out of fear.
    There are of course those very rare individuals that undserstand this "energy exchange" process intuitively, as if f from a past life, (advanced souls), and dont need to go there physically.
    But I would guess that does not include anyone that posts here. (correct me if I am wrong).

BTW, I always slept in my own bed, if not my own room when cohabitating with females. Sometimes I would give them cuddles in bed, but at night, I like my own "bubble" to be free of other peoples energy. It works for me.
    (BTW, the "bubble" I mention is like the davinci circle around the human body. You know the one I mean? Basically I dont want to be able to touch anyone if I swing my arms in any direction)
  9. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Mar '11 05:48
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    My take is this:

Get it out of your system. Doesn't matter how long you abstain if deep down you just want a good root.
    Thats what life is for. Open our chakras, experience the joy and heartache of sex and relationships, so we can experience directly and build on those experiences. Once we have learned to regulate the exchange of energy that happens ...[text shortened]... n? Basically I dont want to be able to touch anyone if I swing my arms in any direction)
    The self realized soul does not hanker for sex....they are done with it.

Sex is bothersome, messy, stressful, and over rated.

The self realized soul, spits at the thought.
  10. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    05 Mar '11 06:47

The Self realised soul clearly just isnt getting any....
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Mar '11 07:43
    I disagree completely.

It's interesting to see how religionist dogma can create such an ugly attitude to something so beautiful.
  12. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    05 Mar '11 18:53

One of the faste ...[text shortened]... spiritual bliss and happiness and sex for them is distasteful.

So let me get this right. You started the 'spiritual path' at the age of 22yrs. You're now 57yrs old, that's a 35yr 'voyage'. You have two daughters right? So you're telling me you've only had sex twice in 35yrs?

I think i know the reason for the aggression and uptightness expressed in this forum!!

Out of curiosity, tell me to mind my own business if you like, do you live alone now?
  13. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Mar '11 19:24
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    [b]Illicit sex would mean any sex outside of procreation.

So let me get this right. You started the 'spiritual path' at the age of 22yrs. You're now 57yrs old, that's a 35yr 'voyage'. You have two daughters right? So you're telling me you've only had sex twice in 35yrs?

I think i know the reason for the aggression and uptightness expressed in ...[text shortened]...

Out of curiosity, tell me to mind my own business if you like, do you live alone now?[/b]
    I am still married and living with wife .

I have explained that for one that has realization, sex is distasteful and not the least necessary.

Spiritual happiness surpasses all material happiness and there are many things I do not find necessary.

Have you not seen on Friday and Saturday night., the many young males out hunting for sex.....they are shackled by their senses and out of control, and foolishly believe they are happy.

This is the true test of true spirituality....and if your religion cannot curb the desire for sex then it has no potency.

Can you not understand I have no desire for sex, and I experience higher spiritual happiness.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Mar '11 06:07

Yeah but you gotta have tha base (sex) chakra open to let the prana through 😉

You gotta be sexy, even if you dont engage in it.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Mar '11 06:12
    I am still married and living with wife .

I have explained that for one that has realization, sex is distasteful and not the least necessary.

Spiritual happiness surpasses all material happiness and there are many things I do not find necessary.

Have you not seen on Friday and Saturday night., the many young males out hunting for sex.....they are sha ...[text shortened]...

Can you not understand I have no desire for sex, and I experience higher spiritual happiness.
    This is an outdated view.
    The teenagers on friday and saturday night are chanigng at a phenomenal rate.
    Sex can be spiritual however every drop of jissom is important. So every sex act should be considered spiritual. Just as every other act.

It's the moderation that is hard for people, not the drugs or the sex.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree