1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Mar '11 08:22
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    This is an outdated view.
    The teenagers on friday and saturday night are chanigng at a phenomenal rate.
    Sex can be spiritual however every drop of jissom is important. So every sex act should be considered spiritual. Just as every other act.

It's the moderation that is hard for people, not the drugs or the sex.
    What I have said is never out-dated, because for the self realized soul....sex is distasteful and unnecessary for they are experiencing a higher taste.

Mean while those who are shackled by sex desire, (the conditioned souls) will always worship sex for there is nothing higher in their mundane lives of suffering, and they are struggling very hard to satisfy this sex desire which is available to the hogs, dogs, camels and asses.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Mar '11 08:44
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Mean while those who are shackled by sex desire, (the conditioned souls) will always worship sex for there is nothing higher in their mundane lives of suffering, and they are struggling very hard to satisfy this sex desire which is available to the hogs, dogs, camels and asses.
    How are hogs, dogs, camels and asses relevant in any way? I love my spouse very much. We feel sexual desire for each other. Our lives are not "mundane". We are too positive and optimistic about life to characterize it as one of "suffering". We are not "shackled". We face no "struggle" to satisfy each other. It is very generous and reciprocated expression of our shared bond of love. I could not disagree more with your assertion that human sexual relationships are "distasteful and unnecessary". I think they are an integral part of we humans' spiritual approach to our lives and to our life partners.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Mar '11 10:24
    What I have said is never out-dated, because for the self realized soul....sex is distasteful and unnecessary for they are experiencing a higher taste. Mean while those who are shackled by sex desire, (the conditioned souls) will always worship sex for there is nothing higher in their mundane lives of suffering, and they are struggling very hard to satisfy this sex desire which is available to the hogs, dogs, camels and asses.
    You are a truly frightening individual. I hope and pray that your philosophy does not prosper.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Mar '11 11:07
    The initiate on the spiritual path has developed spiritual realization, and with that comes a genuine lack of desire for sex.
    Although, with your rudeness, dishonesty and apparent delusions you always had little hope of actual converts from this site, you might have managed to sell a few books or got people at least vaguely interested in what Vedanta was all about, this most recent revelation is guaranteed to ensure that nobody even considers going down your particular 'spiritual path'.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Mar '11 23:38
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Although, with your rudeness, dishonesty and apparent delusions you always had little hope of actual converts from this site, you might have managed to sell a few books or got people at least vaguely interested in what Vedanta was all about, this most recent revelation is guaranteed to ensure that nobody even considers going down your particular 'spiritual path'.
    When it goes wrong Dasa just starts news threads like CIV starts new usernames.
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 02:53
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I think it is very rude for anyone to teach that this universe and the millions of forms of life came about by an explosion.

I think it is very rude to make jokes about animal cruelty

I think it is very rude .....to think everyone is as foolish as you and teach that there is no intelligence behind this creation and it just popped into existence.

And as long as rude people present this type absurdity, then I will expose their nonsense.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 02:59
    I think it is very rude for anyone to teach that this universe and the millions of forms of life came about by an explosion.

I think it is very rude to make jokes about animal cruelty

I think it is very rude .....to think everyone is as foolish as you and teach that there is no intelligence behind this creation and it just popped into existence.

And as long as rude people present this type absurdity, then I will expose their nonsense.
    But, Dasa, people have different belief systems than you when it comes to things like science and vegetarianism. Why can't you have a little respect for others? Then maybe they will have some respect for you and the belief system that you advocate.
  8. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 03:41
    Originally posted by FMF
    But, Dasa, people have different belief systems than you when it comes to things like science and vegetarianism. Why can't you have a little respect for others? Then maybe they will have some respect for you and the belief system that you advocate.
    Truth is truth and has nothing to do with beliefs.

Beliefs can change from one day to the next.....but truth cannot be changed.

Vedanta presents many truths, and they are true yesterday, today and tomorrow........has nothing to do with beliefs.

Is it just a belief that the earth spins.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 03:48
    Truth is truth and has nothing to do with beliefs.
    You believe that sexual relationships are distasteful and unnecessary. You believe there is life on the Sun. You believe that everyone knows that it is wrong not to be a vegetarian but that they are dishonest about it. You believe that Richard L. Thompson was murdered by "cheating scientists". You believe that my rejection of Vedic "authority" can be compared to a 7 year old child with cerebral palsy rejecting it. You believe that Vendeta is the "only" true religion. You believe we are reincarnated on other planets. And so on and so on. These are beliefs. They are not objective "truths".
  10. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 03:561 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    You believe that sexual relationships are distasteful and unnecessary. You believe there is life on the Sun. You believe that everyone knows that it is wrong not to be a vegetarian but that they are dishonest about it. You believe that Richard L. Thompson was murdered by "cheating scientists". You believe that my rejection of Vedic "authority" can be compared to other planets. And so on and so on. These are beliefs. They are not objective "truths".
    Truth is truth....and you are hell bent on defending error....why are you sounding like an atheist.

Defending animal cruelty.

Defending no eternality of the soul.

Defending no re-birth.

Defending no authority

Defending inventing your own spirituality.

Defending that there are no instructions anywhere.

And so on
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 04:16
    Truth is truth...
    Sure. But the things you expound upon here are your beliefs. And beliefs are beliefs. You believing that a belief of yours is a truth does not make it a truth for someone else.
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 04:35
    Originally posted by FMF
    Sure. But the things you expound upon here are your beliefs. And beliefs are beliefs. You believing that a belief of yours is a truth does not make it a truth for someone else.
    I cannot discuss with you because of.......see thread "you must get qualified" 25th Feb 11:19:53
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 04:51
    I cannot discuss with you because of...
    Your difficulty in discussing things with people who don't share your belief system basically boils down to you equating your 'beliefs' with 'truths' and your tendency to equate your subjectivity with objectivity. That is the crux of why you "cannot discuss" with me or most other people here. It is you who is creating the barrier to satisfactory discussion, not everybody else.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 04:521 edit
    What I have said is never out-dated, because for the self realized soul....sex is distasteful and unnecessary for they are experiencing a higher taste.

Yes, I know the picture you are painting, but I would suggest that your portrait is one of some 20-25 years ago, at least.
    Do you have any idea at the rate of change that young people are going through in this age of pc's and the subsequent influx of huge amounts of info?

I know what you mean by "What I have said is never out dated" , but , in relation to that comment, I would reinterate that to have your base chakra closed would stop any furthur evoltution and invigoration of the rest of the spiritual body. One must be open to be "sexy". To feel confident about their sexuality, to understand it (not from books 😉 ), and then to possibly come to these higher truths that you talk about.
    While I am not denying that there is some truth to the way you have presented this arguement, it is old and stale and in need of some serious ispiration and imagination to recreate it for the "modern person" .
    We are all shackelled to something, so some may give up their shackles of sex for maybe the shackles of a crappy job? Or perhaps the mindless repitition of a mantra that they have no idea why they are chanting in the first place? How about a shackle of living a "good life" and becoming addicted to helping those more needy than themselves? Addicted to having a happy family and a lawn that is better kept than the one next door?
    Why are there 84000 sutras? Because there are 84000 follies!!

Sex is not distasteful. Not understanding the energy exchange of a sexual act is distasteful. To lead on a girl, for example, and say you love her just to get into her pants and ultimately hurt the girls feelings (knowingly) is distasteful.
  15. Joined
    06 Feb '09
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 06:00
    Dasa
    Dasa:

"I think it is very rude for anyone to teach that this universe and the millions of forms of life came about by an explosion. "

I believe in God.

And I read here from time to time. I really think life do come about by an explosion. If it was not for our fathers, enjoying orgasmic explosions in our mothers, by which means did it happen that we can enjoy breathing moments and just moments that take our breaths away?

Sex is not a sin. It's the lie to enjoy to other people, that's the sin.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree