Moves
    08 Aug '11 16:23
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You can't help me because the RCC teachings are false. I already knew
    the answers to those questions; and I knew if you attempted to answer
    them, according to the RCC traditional explanations, it would indicate
    these teachings are from man and not from the Holy Spirit. But It seems
    from your response that you don't care.
    How do you discern which teachings are from man and which from the Holy Spirit? Just curious.

I wonder if you and (say) jaywill or Kelly would agree on that 100%. (You really should, you know, if the Holy Spirit is leading all of you... and if and when you don't agree, or somebody else comes along who doesn't, how do you sort that out?)

That's getting much closer to the subject of this thread, anyway.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Aug '11 18:42
    Originally posted by pyxelated
    Well, clearly I should have qualified this a bit. What I meant (since it obviously wan't crystal-clear from the context) was that "all prayer [b]to the saints already in Heaven ends up going to God." This is shown (allegorically, anyway) by Rev 5:8.

And if you'd be happy with very little Scripture, well, you have it already, unless of course you ins ...[text shortened]... y what it doesn't. Then again, I can't force you to see that Scripture says what it does.[/b]
    I believe we have an issue with the scripture you have given me. I pointed out
    to you that that scripture refers to prayers made by saints, not prayers that
    were made to the saints. You cannot show me the linkage that would make this
    very clear it means what you are claiming.

I can give you scripture that shows the practice is not something that is blessed
    by God. So what you have done or at least your church whatever church that is
    has changed this practice. If you can show me how this practice was changed
    and that God okayed this, I'll go along with you; however, without a clear
    message from God saying talk/pray to dead people is forth coming out of
    scripture I'll say there is something VERY wrong with this practice.

Kelly

Deuteronomy 18:9-14

“When you enter the land which the LORD your God gives you, you shall not learn to imitate the detestable things of those nations. There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, one who uses divination, one who practices witchcraft, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, or one who casts a spell, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. For whoever does these things is detestable to the LORD; and because of these detestable things the LORD your God will drive them out before you. You shall be blameless before the LORD your God. For those nations, which you shall dispossess, listen to those who practice witchcraft and to diviners, but as for you, the LORD your God has not allowed you to do so.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Aug '11 20:32
    How do you discern which teachings are from man and which from the Holy Spirit? Just curious.

I wonder if you and (say) jaywill or Kelly would agree on that 100%. (You really should, you know, if the Holy Spirit is leading all of you... and if and when you don't agree, or somebody else comes along who doesn't, how do you sort that out?)

When the Holy Spirit comes on me, I am usually filled with emotion and
    start crying. I feel unworthy to be in the presence of God. I usually takes
    some time for me to calm down. Sometimes I learn something; but most
    of the time I just get this feeling that I am loved. An idea or question may
    come into my mind and I become interested in searching the scriptures
    for the answer. Then, when I would see a scripture verse, I would see it
    in a different light. The experence of learning is very much the same as
    a chess puzzle that you just can't figure out; but once you find the answer,
    it becomes simple and you think, "Why didn't I see that, dummy?"
    I can't say the experience will be the same for everyone, however.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Aug '11 13:42

I'll tell you when the Holy Spirit moves there is unity in the body of God's
    children. God's touch is beyond anything I could tell you about or get you to
    read! The reality of God is quite beyond our thoughts of Him.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree