The Sin Narrative

The Sin Narrative

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c

Moves
15 Nov 16

Originally posted by divegeester
So you are a Christian again now?
No.

There is no demand that if one believes in God that they must be Christian.

Are you done?

Moves
15 Nov 16
1 edit

Originally posted by chaney3
No.
There is no demand that if one believes in God that they must be Christian.
At what point between your first and apparently carefully considered post here, did you decide that after "always considering yourself a Christian", that you no longer are one?

c

Moves
15 Nov 16

At what point between your first and apparently carefully considered post here, did you decide that after "always considering yourself a Christian", that you no longer are one?
I don't believe the story Dive.

Moves
15 Nov 16
2 edits

I don't believe the story Dive.
What "story"; it's there in your first ever post.

Are you a Christian or not Chaney3?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
15 Nov 16

What "story"; it's there in your first ever post.

Are you a Christian or not Chaney3?
Would his question only be legitimate if he were a Christian? Where are you going with this? Why does it matter if he is a Christian or not? Why don't you just answer his question?

Moves
15 Nov 16

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
Would his question only be legitimate if he were a Christian? Where are you going with this? Why does it matter if he is a Christian or not? Why don't you just answer his question?
It doesn't matter whether he is a Christian or not; what is of interest to me, obviously, is his motivations and intellectual honesty with the many threads he starts, just like this one.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
15 Nov 16
1 edit

It doesn't matter whether he is a Christian or not; what is of interest to me, obviously, is his motivations and intellectual honesty with the many threads he starts, just like this one.
The question seems a reasonable one if given the benefit of the doubt. I am still interested in what your motivations were when you said I use two accounts?

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
15 Nov 16

The question seems a reasonable one if given the benefit of the doubt. I am still interested in what your motivations were when you said I use two accounts?
On page 2 of this thread both Chaney and yourself posted at 05:31am.

Clearly you are 2 separate individuals. That said, you share a lot of the same impulsive characteristics, so it is understandable that the 2 of you have at times been conflated.

I doubt either of you have the required sharpness to post twice across 2 accounts within the same minute. 😛

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
15 Nov 16

My best pal Dive.

No decision yet. I have issues with Christianity.
Sir, you have issues with everything.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Nov 16
1 edit

Just chat.

T

Moves
15 Nov 16
10 edits

We are told that Adam and Eve committed the original sin, which produced the necessity for Jesus to die thousands of years later to 'fix' it.

Yet......God is supposed to be all knowing, which neutralizes this notion.

We cannot have it both ways. Either God knew what would happen, or He didn't. To create man, then test him to lose, just so He could sacr ...[text shortened]... he 'original sin narrative' doesn't make sense.

God should be much more knowing...and mature.
The 'Jesus narrative' along with the 'original sin narrative' doesn't make sense.

You are right in questioning this. It IS nonsensical.

According to God in Ezekiel 18, it doesn't work that way. The system He put into place makes much more sense. His followers are to become righteous, i.e., stop committing sin. Those who become righteous will live. Those who remain unrighteous will die. Each individual is responsible for his own actions. By and large, the words attributed to Jesus while He walked the Earth is consistent with this concept. Christianity has lost its way. Not only is it not the way of God, it is not the way of the words spoken by Jesus while He walked the Earth.

Ezekiel 18
20The one who sins is the one who will die. The child will not share the guilt of the parent, nor will the parent share the guilt of the child. The righteousness of the righteous will be credited to them, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against them.

21“But if a wicked person turns away from all the sins they have committed and keeps all my decrees and does what is just and right, that person will surely live; they will not die. 22None of the offenses they have committed will be remembered against them. Because of the righteous things they have done, they will live. 23Do I take any pleasure in the death of the wicked? declares the Sovereign Lord. Rather, am I not pleased when they turn from their ways and live?

24“But if a righteous person turns from their righteousness and commits sin and does the same detestable things the wicked person does, will they live? None of the righteous things that person has done will be remembered. Because of the unfaithfulness they are guilty of and because of the sins they have committed, they will die.

25“Yet you say, ‘The way of the Lord is not just.’ Hear, you Israelites: Is my way unjust? Is it not your ways that are unjust? 26If a righteous person turns from their righteousness and commits sin, they will die for it; because of the sin they have committed they will die. 27But if a wicked person turns away from the wickedness they have committed and does what is just and right, they will save their life. 28Because they consider all the offenses they have committed and turn away from them, that person will surely live; they will not die. 29Yet the Israelites say, ‘The way of the Lord is not just.’ Are my ways unjust, people of Israel? Is it not your ways that are unjust?

“Therefore, you Israelites, I will judge each of you according to your own ways, declares the Sovereign Lord. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall. 31Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, people of Israel? 32For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign Lord. Repent and live!

Does THIS narrative make sense to you?

Moves
15 Nov 16

I am still interested in what your motivations were when you said I use two accounts?
Are you indeed.

T

Moves
15 Nov 16

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
[b]The 'Jesus narrative' along with the 'original sin narrative' doesn't make sense.

You are right in questioning this. It IS nonsensical.

According to God in Ezekiel 18, it doesn't work that way. The system He put into place makes much more sense. His followers are to become righteous, i.e ...[text shortened]... clares the Sovereign Lord. Repent and live!
[/quote]

Does THIS narrative make sense to you?[/b]
Up for chaney3

c

Moves
15 Nov 16

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Up for chaney3
What are you saying?

T

Moves
15 Nov 16