1. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Nov '16 22:44
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    see my earlier post.
    I am not sure what your point is. Please explain.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    15 Nov '16 22:54
    Originally posted by chaney3
    I am not sure what your point is. Please explain.
    Read my post on page 3 that you haven't responded to.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Nov '16 22:57
    Read my post on page 3 that you haven't responded to.
    Please explain your point.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Nov '16 22:59
    [b]The 'Jesus narrative' along with the 'original sin narrative' doesn't make sense.

You are right in questioning this. It IS nonsensical.

God should be much more knowing...and mature.

According to God in Ezekiel 18, it doesn't work that way. The system He put into place makes much more sense. His followers are to become righteous, i.e ...[text shortened]... clares the Sovereign Lord. Repent and live!
    [/quote]

Does THIS narrative make sense to you?[/b]
    A good point, made several times here .. on deaf ears unfortunately.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    15 Nov '16 23:042 edits
    Please explain your point.
    Just what I wrote:
    You are right in questioning this. It IS nonsensical.
    According to God in Ezekiel 18, it doesn't work that way. The system He put into place makes much more sense. His followers are to become righteous, i.e., stop committing sin. Those who become righteous will live. Those who remain unrighteous will die. Each individual is responsible for his own actions. By and large, the words attributed to Jesus while He walked the Earth is consistent with this concept. Christianity has lost its way. Not only is it not the way of God, it is not the way of the words spoken by Jesus while He walked the Earth.
    Does THIS narrative make sense to you?

Did you read Ezekiel 18?
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    15 Nov '16 23:11
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    A good point, made several times here .. on deaf ears unfortunately.
    Yeah. Which, of course, Jesus understood is a major problem:
    Matthew 13
    13 "Therefore I speak to them in parables; because while seeing they do not see, and while hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand...16“But blessed are your eyes, because they see; and your ears, because they hear. 17“For truly I say to you that many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.

His message is as applicable today as it was then, aka "eternal life".
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Nov '16 23:12
    Yeah. Which, of course, Jesus understood is a major problem:
    Matthew 13
    13 "Therefore I speak to them in parables; because while seeing they do not see, and while hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand...16“But blessed are your eyes, because they see; and your ears, because they hear. 17“For truly I say to you that many prophets and rig ...[text shortened]... not hear it.

His message is as applicable today as it was then, aka "eternal life".
    Can you please explain your point.
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    15 Nov '16 23:161 edit
    I thought I explained it pretty well. Rajk999 didn't seem to have any trouble understanding it. Was there something in particular you didn't understand?
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Nov '16 23:51
    His point is that the Bible says that there is a standard of righteousness, or good conduct, that is required by God for entry into His Kingdom. This was clearly spelled out by many Bble writers in both old and new testaments. However many Christians ignore it.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Nov '16 13:26
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    His point is that the Bible says that there is a standard of righteousness, or good conduct, that is required by God for entry into His Kingdom. This was clearly spelled out by many Bble writers in both old and new testaments. However many Christians ignore it.
    His point is that the Bible says that there is a standard of righteousness, or good conduct, that is required by God for entry into His Kingdom.

Only Christ is going in.
    So if a man desires to enter into the kingdom of God he better receive Christ.

This was clearly spelled out by many Bble writers in both old and new testaments. However many Christians ignore it.

It is true that the requirements for entering into the kingdom of the heavens as outlined in the gospel of Matthew mean the highest level of righteous living, from from hypocrisy.

So one better receive Christ and be saturated with Christ. For only Christ is entering into the kingdom of the heavens.

If Christ is dispensed into our beings we will enter into the kingdom one with Him, mingled with Him. and allowing Him to live in us.

Those the majority of disciples may indeed ignore this, they will inevitably take heed to it. God has not only this age to work with and on His sons. He has at least one thousand years after the church age, during the age of the millennial kingdom, to work on this. ( Rev. 20:2,3,4,5,6,7 )

By the time of the age of the new heaven and new earth, every single person who has ever been born again, will enter into the kingdom of God. They cannot fail to because they have the life of that kingdom.

I don't think you are not able to defeat this teaching though you appeal to many passages to try to.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Nov '16 15:571 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    His point is that the Bible says that there is a standard of righteousness, or good conduct, that is required by God for entry into His Kingdom.

Only Christ is going in.
    So if a man desires to enter into the kingdom of God he better receive Christ.

[quote]
    This was clearly spelled out by many Bble writers in both old and new testa ...[text shortened]... n't think you are not able to defeat this teaching though you appeal to many passages to try to.
    You have no Biblical support for that false doctrine.

Christian saints :
    - who defile themselves will be destroyed
    - who continue with sin will not inherit the Kingdom of God
    - who do not produce fruit will be burned like the chaff.
    - who despite coming to an understanding of the truth and tasted of the heavenly gift, fall away will not be granted forgiveness.
    - who do not persevere to the end, will have their name removed from the book of life.

That is the doctrine of Jesus and the Apostles.

You preach a doctrine which seeks to justify mouth worship, sin and evil, all of which are an abomination to God. Therefore you are an abomination to God.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Nov '16 16:27
    Then God created a flawed system.

And He knew it.
    No, it means that God in His wisdom allowed for perfection and built into the system a
    means to recover from failure.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '16 16:37
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    No, it means that God in His wisdom allowed for perfection and built into the system a
    means to recover from failure.
    In YOUR view KellyJay, and your belief, how does a person recover from failure?

What are the 'means' that you are referring to?
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Nov '16 17:32
    In YOUR view KellyJay, and your belief, how does a person recover from failure?

What are the 'means' that you are referring to?
    Depends upon the failure and the person.
    The means we were able to be saved was the introduction of death in my opinion. Due to
    it we were able to be saved while the spiritual beings that do not die found themselves
    in a place where once a choice of evil was made that was it for them.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree