1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Aug '17 02:02
    Originally posted by @sonship
    The issue is interpretation of words found in the text of the [b] New Testament which I have both quote and utilize.

I am going backward through the latest posts.
    As usual, substance you evade and instead make comment about some other minor red herring point.[/b]
    Your use of the word "glorify" is not a minor red herring point. And yet you keep dodging it. What definition are you using?
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 Aug '17 02:23
    Does the paragraph look a little like a Zen koan to you ?
    No. I was responding to nothing ... like I said.

Kinda over about wondering about the whole Zen thing.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 Aug '17 02:24
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Sonship you have been undone in this forum by revealing your own strange beliefs, you are hoisted by your own petard over this subject and your repeated refusal to answer FMF's question above is a permanent splinter in your theological credibility.
    Strange beliefs?

Why dont you say he's on drugs like you do to me ?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Aug '17 04:16
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Your use of the word "glorify" is not a minor red herring point. And yet you keep dodging it. What definition are you using?
    You got your answer.
    You are notorious for saying you've been dodged when the answer you get you don't like.

I wrote:

Other than that this "glory" is not like God worked into man and expressed from within man. This kind of negative glory is indirect like "the heavens declare the glory of God".

But it is a glorification in terms of testifying of the folly and unrighteousness of revolt against God. The unbeliever thing will glorify God in that sense - "What folly, to rebel against the Most High God!" .
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Aug '17 04:29
    You got your answer.
    You are notorious for saying you've been dodged when the answer you get you don't like.
    I am looking for a definition, not some examples of it appearing in a text or you pointing me to instances of the word being used.

You are dodging.

Anyone following this will be able to discern why.

When you finally offer a definition, if your vanity and furtive side ever allow you to do so, we will be able to better know the nature of the god figure you worship.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Aug '17 05:14
    I'm not trying to "impress" you, I'm just giving you my honest opinion.

I note that you are still dodging FMFs question.

Glory is God expressed.
    This glorification of God through the manifestation of His righteous judgment is the not God within man shining out in His being expressed in man.

This is the vindication of His holiness and righteousness. As I wrote.

This kind of negative glory is indirect like "the heavens declare the glory of God".

But it is a glorification in terms of testifying of the folly and unrighteousness of revolt against God. The unbeliever thing will glorify God in that sense - "What folly, to rebel against the Most High God!" .

In Exodus God obtained glorification by means of the utter defeat of Pharaoh, his army, and his oppressive kingdom.

" And I will harden Pharaoh's heart and multiply my signs and My wonders in the land of Egypt. But Pharaoh will not listen to you, and I will lay My hand upon Egypt and bring forth My armies ... by great acts of judgment. And the Egyptians will know that I am Jehovah, when I stretch forth My hand upon Egypt and bring out the children of Egypt from among them." (Exodus 7:3-5)

" Declare His glory among the nations, His wondrous deeds among all the people." (Psalm 96:3)

Ascribe to Jehovah, O families of the peoples, ascribe to Jehovah, glory and strength" (v.7)

This indirect refers to the repute and splendor of God's ways inevitably over every conceivable opposition from His enemies.

Paul says God obtains glory both upon vessels of honor positively and yet also upon vessels of wrath fitted for destruction.

" And what if God wishing to demonstrate His wrath, and make His power known, endured with much long-suffering vessels of wrath fitted for destruction, In order that He might make known the riches of His glory upon vessels of mercy which He had before prepared unto glory., ..." (Rom. 9:22,23)

The complete defeat of Satan and all of those following his rebellion will glorify God.
    The vanquishing of the unbeliever thing works to God's eventual repute and honor.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Aug '17 05:18

Glory is God expressed.
    This glorification of God through the manifestation of His righteous judgment is the not God within man shining out in His being expressed in man.

This is the vindication of His holiness and righteousness. As I wrote.

[quote] This kind of negative glory is in ...[text shortened]... glorify God.
    The vanquishing of the unbeliever thing works to God's eventual repute and honor.
    Nowhere in this bank of smoke screen text is your definition of the words "glory", "glorify" and "glorification".
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Aug '17 05:31
    Nowhere in this bank of smoke screen text is your definition of the words "glory", "glorify" and "glorification".
    There is no smoke screen.
    You have eyes and see not.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Aug '17 05:34
    You have eyes and see not.
    Stop using the words or citing their usage.

Define them. Give a definition.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Aug '17 05:36
    It was within the power of the Nazis to torture and exterminate Jews for being Jews. Did the pits full of corpses "glorify" the Nazis?

It is, you say, within the power of your god figure to torture, for eternity, non-believers for being non-believers, and hang them out (burning forever) in chains, not only in some kind of demented, anthropomorphic, angry revenge, but also as a warning to creatures from other planets.

And you believe this "glorifies" your god figure.

So are you using the word "glorify" as the Nazis did who thought the Holocaust "glorified" their regime?

If not, then what is your definition of the word "glorify" in the sense that you have used it?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Aug '17 05:39
    You mean replies....You've asked about a dozen questions in one post, clearly hoping to be able to repeatedly claim I haven't answered you.

Ask one question and stop being a child.
    What kind of maturity do you think you demonstrate with the lack a good argument that Jesus never spoke such things pertaining to eternal punishment ?

If you turn out to be wrong, would you rather join the judged ones and have not part in God's "unrighteous" kingdom ? Will you feel forced to stay where you wish not to be - under the reign of a God who unjustly punishes ?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Aug '17 05:41
    Stop using the words or citing their usage.

Define them. Give a definition.
    God expressed - as I wrote.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Aug '17 05:43
    If you turn out to be wrong, would you rather join the judged ones and have not part in God's "unrighteous" kingdom ? Will you feel forced to stay where you wish not to be - under the reign of a God who unjustly punishes ?
    Do you believe that this brace of questions contains some sort of moral substance pertaining to your torturer god philosophy?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Aug '17 05:45
    God expressed - as I wrote.
    I'm looking for your definition, sonship. Why are you being so furtive? Did you plagiarize something that you now sorely wish you hadn't plagiarized? Would that explain your behaviour over this word "glorify"?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Aug '17 05:56
    It was within the power of the Nazis to torture and exterminate Jews for being Jews. Did the pits full of corpses "glorify" the Nazis?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

God defeating Satan and his followers is not the Nazis gassing the Jews.
    Comparing Adolf Hitler to Jesus Christ demonstrates that you have eyes to see and see not.

It is, you say, within the power of your god figure to torture, for eternity, non-believers for being non-believers, and hang them out (burning forever) in chains, not only in some kind of demented, anthropomorphic, angry revenge, but also as a warning to creatures from other planets.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I spend more time contemplating what God did that we might be saved from the torment of being forever joined with Satan.

And you believe this "glorifies" your god figure.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

That the unbelief thing is both exposed and terminated eternally glorifies God.

So are you using the word "glorify" as the Nazis did who thought the Holocaust "glorified" their regime?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's your attempt at guilt by association.

If not, then what is your definition of the word "glorify" in the sense that you have used it?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the context of the Bible God expressed.
    You need to convince yourself that Hitler's Nazism is the same as God expressed.

You need to say "Jesus Christ is the same as Hitler."
    Your unbeliever thingy is temporary.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree