1. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Feb '18 21:04
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    How does that analogy translate to — if you are saved but don’t do enough good works I’ll burn you for eternity?
    “Every tree that lacks good fruit is cut down and thrown in the fire.”

Translates:

Even a tree that is 'saved' is still not spared the flames of hell if their fruit is bad. (Their produce/output).
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Feb '18 21:12
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Well, Paul taught believers were eternally secure, while Jesus taught insecurity to a sinning believer.

Tremble at Mat.7:19. :

How many times do I have to say that people who genuinely believe in Jesus Christ and accept Him into their heart receive God’s Holy Spirit and that God’s Holy Spirit changes their heart, and, consequently, their behavior?

If their behavior doesn’t change and they continue willfully sinning and do not produce good fruit, then it’s apparent their acceptance of Christ was not sincere.

Why do you and rajk always try to separate sincere belief in Christ from good works?
  3. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Feb '18 21:17
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    How many times do I have to say that people who genuinely believe in Jesus Christ and accept Him into their heart receive God’s Holy Spirit and that God’s Holy Spirit changes their heart, and, consequently, their behavior?

If their behavior doesn’t change and they continue willfully sinning and do not produce good fruit, then it’s apparent their accep ...[text shortened]... sincere.

Why do you and rajk always try to separate sincere belief in Christ from good works?
    Because sincere Christians exist who don't do good works. I've met many.

Capiche?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Feb '18 21:21
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    [b]But if your answer to the questions is “No,” and you believe Jesus was just a man and wise teacher, on what authority did he have to tell other people how to obtain salvation?

See Luke 4. At the beginning of His ministry, Jesus proclaims the purpose for which He was anointed. The purpose for which He is the Christ. He also subsequently spent q ...[text shortened]... ore include any and all of the writers of the NT.

You obviously haven't thought this through.[/b]
    Do you think it is possible for any human being to completely stop sinning, recognizing that bearing false witness (lying,) coveting, being angry at someone and looking on a woman with lust in your heart are all sins?

If you do believe it’s possible, for how long do you think a human being can refrain from committing a single sin?

On your latter point, are you suggesting that Paul, who was handpicked by Jesus to carry His message to the Gentiles, was a false prophet? Were the Gospel writers false prophets also?

Was Jesus Christ, who identified Himself as God and who said to believe on Him and in Him for eternal life, also a false prophet?

If you don’t believe the Gospel writers, why do you believe that their writings about Jesus and His ministry are accurate?
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Feb '18 21:21
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Was he saved by faith, works or both? I imagine Rajk is going to shy away from this one because it blows his entire saved by works doctrine out of the water.
    He was a putrid theif . He got lucky .
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Feb '18 21:22

Capiche?
    How do you know they’re sincere? Can you see their heart? How do you know they don’t do any good works? Are you with them 24/7?
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Feb '18 21:23
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Nonsense. You have been told before that Jesus saved the thief on the cross because ... read it ... read it over and over ...

HIS HEART WAS RIGHT WITH GOD. Had he lived Jesus knew he would have lived a good and righteous life. Hence he went to paradise with Christ.

Professions of faith saves nobody. Professions of faith + obedience to God = etern ...[text shortened]... hrist.

For you to start a whole thread just for this demonstrates how false your doctrine is.
    Of course his luck was calculated by the universe
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Feb '18 21:23

Translates:

Even a tree that is 'saved' is still not spared the flames of hell if their fruit is bad. (Their produce/output).
    Is that the atheist’s translation?
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Feb '18 21:24
    Originally posted by @fmf
    What is it that you have "claimed" by citing the story of the "thief on the cross"?
    Self-identity ?
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Feb '18 21:26
    Originally posted by @menace71
    Maybe God in His supreme sovereignty decided to save the thief on the cross and show us His gracious mercy ? You think? The man was a thief that in and of itself proves that the thief was not a perfect righteous man. The thief however recognized that Jesus was Righteous and believed what Jesus was saying.
    Manny
    Manny!! Your occasional posts are our very lite.

Get in the water bro. Its Nice
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Feb '18 21:28

Capiche?
    BOOM!!
  12. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Feb '18 21:29
    How do you know they’re sincere? Can you see their heart? How do you know they don’t do any good works? Are you with them 24/7?
    Okay, let's flip it over.

I've known sincere Christians who genuinely believe in Christ but have done very bad things. I appreciate it is easier to dismiss such Christians as insincere to explain away their bad deeds (or lack of good deeds) but the truth of the matter is that even sincere Christians can live a life lacking in good works in the false belief their salvation is guaranteed.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Feb '18 21:30
    Y'know Buddha was an atheist
  14. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Feb '18 21:34
    An atheist has no hand in the game. It's an unbiased and rational translation.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Feb '18 21:41
    An atheist has no hand in the game. It's an unbiased and rational translation.
    No hand in the game? Lie to me again

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree