1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 May '19 16:321 edit
    I've heard a few sermons and lectures that has had me thinking about this. Some online and some from my pastor, I'm merging them into this post. I can try and find the links if requested, they are much better speakers than I am at writing. Granted that is a low bar but I do see a lot of push back when I post links. So only on request will I. I've been listening to a lot of RZIM lately [Michael Ramsden], plus my Pastor has been hitting on the similar topics, so credit/blame more than likely goes to me and those getting me to think about these things.

Love is relational between people. Now we can love things, but with that its either a possessive thing or consumption, where we are drawing or using what we want, the way we want. We can even treat others that way too, not that we love them in a mutual relationship, but that we possess or consume them, in the ways we want without regard to them in any fashion as we try to satisfy ourselves.

God commands us to love Him, and each other, that type of love is true love that isn't possessive and consumption, but is instead the kind that puts the other first, forgiving, hoping, meeting the needs. If it is done properly by all each one of us would be kind to one another not hateful, forgiving not carrying grudges, and so on. The fruit of the Spirit would have us behaving that way towards God and each other, it is a heart thing!

Galatians 5:22-23
    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

This is being good, and its perfection is what God desires for us to enter into the Kingdom of God. We either attempt to do that through our efforts [and will fail], or through God's grace by faith in what God's love has done for us by Jesus Christ, the only Way to God. Jesus became sin, when He took on our sins so the Father punished Him in our place, thus cleansing us from our unrighteousness in Christ Jesus. So when we are accused, Jesus can say I paid for that, for all of us that go to Him for forgiveness, having given Him our lives so we can abide in Him and He in us, because this is LOVE that He first loved us while we were yet sinners.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 May '19 17:18
    @kellyjay said
    I've heard a few sermons and lectures that has had me thinking about this. Some online and some from my pastor, I'm merging them into this post. I can try and find the links if requested, they are much better speakers than I am at writing. Granted that is a low bar but I do see a lot of push back when I post links. So only on request will I. I've been listening to a lot of R ...[text shortened]... an abide in Him and He in us, because this is LOVE that He first loved us while we were yet sinners.
    You and your pastor buddies are sadly mistaken. Show me how much of this stuff you wrote here, Jesus preached to the masses, the many thousands who listened to him.

his is being good, and its perfection is what God desires for us to enter into the Kingdom of God. We either attempt to do that through our efforts [and will fail], or through God's grace by faith in what God's love has done for us by Jesus Christ, the only Way to God. Jesus became sin, when He took on our sins so the Father punished Him in our place, thus cleansing us from our unrighteousness in Christ Jesus. So when we are accused, Jesus can say I paid for that, for all of us that go to Him for forgiveness, having given Him our lives so we can abide in Him and He in us, because this is LOVE that He first loved us while we were yet sinners.

The thousands and thousands who Jesus preached to never heard Jesus say any of that.

You jokers continue to fabricate your own doctrine, misleading people, and bring the curse of God on yourselves.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 May '19 17:39
    @rajk999 said
    You and your pastor buddies are sadly mistaken. Show me how much of this stuff you wrote here, Jesus preached to the masses, the many thousands who listened to him.

[i]his is being good, and its perfection is what God desires for us to enter into the Kingdom of God. We either attempt to do that through our efforts [and will fail], or through God's grace by faith in what ...[text shortened]... ontinue to fabricate your own doctrine, misleading people, and bring the curse of God on yourselves.
    John 1:29
    The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

John 14:6
    Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Romans 3:23-25 English Standard Version (ESV)
    for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins.

1 Corinthians 6:10-12 English Standard Version (ESV)
    nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
    “All things are lawful for me,” but not all things are helpful. “All things are lawful for me,” but I will not be dominated by anything.

Galatians 2:15-17 English Standard Version (ESV)
    We ourselves are Jews by birth and not Gentile sinners; yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified.
    But if, in our endeavor to be justified in Christ, we too were found to be sinners, is Christ then a servant of sin? Certainly not!

Galatians 3:24
    So then, the law was our guardian until Christ came, in order that we might be justified by faith.

I wrote all of it and stand by all of it. The church was born after Jesus rose from the dead. The Holy Spirit was not given until Jesus was glorified, the Spirit of God whom was sent in our hearts as a guarantee. I remind you without God's Spirit you don't belong to God.

John 7:39
    Now this he said about the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were to receive, for as yet the Spirit had not been given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

2 Corinthians 1:21-23 English Standard Version (ESV)
    And it is God who establishes us with you in Christ, and has anointed us, and who has also put his seal on us and given us his Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.
    But I call God to witness against me—it was to spare you that I refrained from coming again to Corinth.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 May '19 17:41
    @rajk999 said

[i]his is being good, and its perfection is what God desires for us to enter into the Kingdom of God. We either attempt to do that through our efforts [and will fail], or through God's grace by faith in what ...[text shortened]... ontinue to fabricate your own doctrine, misleading people, and bring the curse of God on yourselves.
    It was foretold a long time before Jesus got here.

Isaiah 53:4-6 English Standard Version (ESV)
    Surely he has borne our griefs
    and carried our sorrows;
    yet we esteemed him stricken,
    smitten by God, and afflicted.
    But he was pierced for our transgressions;
    he was crushed for our iniquities;
    upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace,
    and with his wounds we are healed.
    All we like sheep have gone astray;
    we have turned—every one—to his own way;
    and the Lord has laid on him
    the iniquity of us all.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 May '19 19:561 edit
    @kellyjay said
    It was foretold a long time before Jesus got here.

Isaiah 53:4-6 English Standard Version (ESV)
    Surely he has borne our griefs
    and carried our sorrows;
    yet we esteemed him stricken,
    smitten by God, and afflicted.
    But he was pierced for our transgressions;
    he was crushed for our iniquities;
    upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace,
    and wi ...[text shortened]... we have turned—every one—to his own way;
    and the Lord has laid on him
    the iniquity of us all.
    Foretold yes. Required to show love and do good works, NO.

Jesus preached to many thousands. It often starts off like this: And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him: And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying, .... Jesus taught people about how to get eternal life in the Kingdom of God, and how to show love and do good works. So show me where Jesus taught the multitudes what you claim he said.

If you cannot then you are just a plain old lying Christian promoting your nonsense church doctrine and misleading people.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 May '19 23:24
    @rajk999 said

Jesus preached to many thousands. It often starts off like this: And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him: And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying, .... Jesus taught people about how to get eternal life in the Kingdom of God, and how ...[text shortened]... are just a plain old lying Christian promoting your nonsense church doctrine and misleading people.
    How blind you must be to miss all of these and many more, you really should read the whole Bible instead of just a select few scriptures.

Matthew 5:42-44 English Standard Version (ESV)
    Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you.
    “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

Matthew 19:18-20 English Standard Version (ESV)
    He said to him, “Which ones?” And Jesus said, “You shall not murder, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness, Honor your father and mother, and, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” The young man said to him, “All these I have kept. What do I still lack?”

Mark 12:30-32 English Standard Version (ESV)
    And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.” And the scribe said to him, “You are right, Teacher. You have truly said that he is one, and there is no other besides him.

If you don't love you are nothing no matter what you do!

1 John 4:19
    We love because he first loved us.

Revelation 1:4-6 English Standard Version (ESV)
    John to the seven churches that are in Asia:
    Grace to you and peace from him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven spirits who are before his throne, and from Jesus Christ the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of kings on earth.
    To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood and made us a kingdom, priests to his God and Father, to him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

The thing about a loving relationship, it is a relationship, and if you are not part of that with God through His Spirit, you do not belong to God.

1 Corinthians 13 English Standard Version (ESV)
    If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.
    Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
    Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.
    So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 May '19 23:41
    @rajk999 said

Jesus preached to many thousands. It often starts off like this: And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him: And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying, .... Jesus taught people about how to get eternal life in the Kingdom of God, and how ...[text shortened]... are just a plain old lying Christian promoting your nonsense church doctrine and misleading people.
    More things you miss, it is a matter of the heart, if we are not right with God it is impossible to please Him.

Ephesians 2:10
    For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

Matthew 5:16
    In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

Titus 1:15-16 English Standard Version (ESV)
    To the pure, all things are pure, but to the defiled and unbelieving, nothing is pure; but both their minds and their consciences are defiled. They profess to know God, but they deny him by their works. They are detestable, disobedient, unfit for any good work.

Romans 8:8
    Those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

Ephesians 6:5-7 English Standard Version (ESV)
    Bondservants, obey your earthly masters with fear and trembling, with a sincere heart, as you would Christ, not by the way of eye-service, as people-pleasers, but as bondservants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart, rendering service with a good will as to the Lord and not to man,

Hebrews 11:6
    And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 May '19 00:28
    @kellyjay said
    More things you miss, it is a matter of the heart, if we are not right with God it is impossible to please Him.

Matthew 5:16
    In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give g ...[text shortened]... r whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.
    None of that knowledge of certain events is necessary for one to show love and to do good works. Jesus said to just go out there are do it ie live righteously and do good works.

So far you have not proven your point.

I have proven mine which is that Jesus in all his preaching to the multitudes never said anything you are saying
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 May '19 00:50
    @rajk999 said
    None of that knowledge of certain events is necessary for one to show love and to do good works. Jesus said to just go out there are do it ie live righteously and do good works.

So far you have not proven your point.

I have proven mine which is that Jesus in all his preaching to the multitudes never said anything you are saying
    I guess your right if you ignore scripture.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 May '19 01:04
    @kellyjay said
    I guess your right if you ignore scripture.
    I dont ignore scripture. I know it better than you do. Where you fail is in the application of what the scripture says. You fail to understand what Jesus says about eternal life.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 May '19 01:46
    @rajk999 said
    I dont ignore scripture. I know it better than you do. Where you fail is in the application of what the scripture says. You fail to understand what Jesus says about eternal life.
    Will you hear “I never knew you”?
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 May '19 02:21
    @kellyjay said
    Will you hear “I never knew you”?
    Jesus says that to those who do not follow his commandments.

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: (Matthew 7:23-24 KJV)

The wise man hears Jesus teachings and commandments and follows them. The man like you who deny Christ and preach church doctrine is like the foolish man.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 May '19 02:59
    @rajk999 said
    Jesus says that to those who do not follow his commandments.

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: (Matthew 7:23-24 KJV)

The wise man hears Jesus teachings and commandments and follows them. The man like you who deny Christ and preach church doctrine is like the foolish man.
    Yes, never denied that. You still ignore those scriptures that don't fit your doctrine, nothing you just said goes against anything I've said.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 May '19 14:54
    @kellyjay said
    Yes, never denied that. You still ignore those scriptures that don't fit your doctrine, nothing you just said goes against anything I've said.
    Scripture is not the Key to the Kingdom of God.
    You follow scripture.
    Jesus Christ is the key to the Kingdom of God.
    I follow Jesus Christ.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 May '19 16:401 edit
    @rajk999 said
    Scripture is not the Key to the Kingdom of God.
    You follow scripture.
    Jesus Christ is the key to the Kingdom of God.
    I follow Jesus Christ.
    Good than you should know He came to save sinners! You should know He said the two greatest commandments were to love God and our neighbor.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree