The thing about LOVE

The thing about LOVE

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 May 19

@rajk999 said
As usual and according to Dive, you continue to post opinions claiming that Jesus said so.

First we have your opinion on perfection with the claim that Jesus said so, but you cannot deliver the references.

Now we have this one. Quote where Jesus said this : He said when we do good works we are only doing what we are supposed to do.
You can ignore the things Jesus said, you think Jesus didn't mean what He said?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
30 May 19

@kellyjay said
You can ignore the things Jesus said, you think Jesus didn't mean what He said?
Still waiting on two references where Jesus said:
1. its perfection is what God desires for us to enter into the Kingdom of God.
2. When we do good works we are only doing what we are supposed to do.

Your opinion or the pastors opinion is of no value.

Show me the references of where Jesus said that. Thanks

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 May 19
1 edit

@rajk999 said
Still waiting on two references where Jesus said:
1. its perfection is what God desires for us to enter into the Kingdom of God.
2. When we do good works we are only doing what we are supposed to do.

Your opinion or the pastors opinion is of no value.

Show me the references of where Jesus said that. Thanks
1. I told you I never said that so you'll be waiting a long time for something not there.
2. You quoted the word back to me, if you can read it and quote it I doubt I have to share with you where and what it says. (Read Luke 17)

If I quote a pastor I will reference his name and put "" around what he said. You dreaming up where you think I and others get our information is totally only found in your imagination.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
30 May 19

@kellyjay said
1. I told you I never said that so you'll be waiting a long time for something not there.
2. You quoted the word back to me, if you can read it and quote it I doubt I have to share with you where and what it says. (Read Luke 17)

If I quote a pastor I will reference his name and put "" around what he said. You dreaming up where you think I and others get our information is totally only found in your imagination.
Ok carry on then with your opinions.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 May 19

@rajk999 said
You are the only one giving an opinion, since you alter the meaning of the text you quote.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 May 19
1 edit

@rajk999 said
I'll quote this from Luke 17 when all you want to do is suggest Jesus didn't say or mean this.

10 So you also, when you have done all that you were commanded, say, ‘We are unworthy servants; we have only done what was our duty.’”

Moves
30 May 19

@kellyjay said
Read the whole thread.
Oh ok, great post; no need for you to answer my question after all then.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
30 May 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
I'll quote this from Luke 17 when all you want to do is suggest Jesus didn't say or mean this.

10 So you also, when you have done all that you were commanded, say, ‘We are unworthy servants; we have only done what was our duty.’”
Jesus addresses His Apostles here. These are servants of God who have their names already written in the book of life. The 12 disciples are already earmarked for judging the 12 tribes of Israel. They get no other reward because they have their reward already.

This has nothing to do with teh rest of Christianity. This is very common failing of Christian churches ie the inability to place teachings in context and understand who is being addressed. Recently Galveston was using an instruction Jesus gave to some discpiles claiming that Jesus instructed all Christians to go door to door. The fact is that Jesus called these disciples aside away from the rest of the crowd and gave these specific disciples that instruction.. You are making the same mistake.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 May 19

@rajk999 said
Jesus addresses His Apostles here. These are servants of God who have their names already written in the book of life. The 12 disciples are already earmarked for judging the 12 tribes of Israel. They get no other reward because they have their reward already.

This has nothing to do with teh rest of Christianity. This is very common failing of Christian churches ie the ina ...[text shortened]... t of the crowd and gave these specific disciples that instruction.. You are making the same mistake.
You have no idea what you are talking about, you have no clue! They were no different than any other men except Jesus choose them to be His Apostles, and not all of them were faithful. God is not a respecter of people, even after Jesus rose from the dead these needed rebuked from time to time.

You must have the same idolatry notions many of the old artists had when painting people within scripture, or Hollywood has in casting Jesus in movies. The artist used to put hallows of radiant light around the heads of people they thought were divine or sacred people in the Biblical stories. The truth is that God takes normal people and turns them into His own, but its not because they were divine before He choose them, they were sinners in need of salvation! Peter acknowledged that early on when Jesus told him to lower his net into the water, he asked Christ to leave him because he was a sinful man.

If you promote the broken sinful people into supernatural beings that need no salvation, you will fail to see the great gift God has given man. The religious of Jesus day hated the fact that Christ came to save the lost, they thought he was less then for hanging around them. Had they known His family they would have thought of him as a child born out of wedlock. While Hollywood when casting Christ they pick a handsome man, but that is not what scripture teaches us about Christ He didn't come as someone compelling to look at, He came as the Son of man in our frailties and kicked Satan's butt overcoming the world for the love of God for us.

Isaiah 53 English Standard Version (ESV)

Who has believed what he has heard from us? And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed? For he grew up before him like a young plant, and like a root out of dry ground; he had no form or majesty that we should look at him, and no beauty that we should desire him.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 May 19

@divegeester said
Oh ok, great post; no need for you to answer my question after all then.
Thank you dive!

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
30 May 19

@kellyjay said
You have no idea what you are talking about, you have no clue! They were no different than any other men except Jesus choose them to be His Apostles, and not all of them were faithful. God is not a respecter of people, even after Jesus rose from the dead these needed rebuked from time to time.

You must have the same idolatry notions many of the old artists had when painti ...[text shortened]... ound; he had no form or majesty that we should look at him, and no beauty that we should desire him.
The most narrowminded of all people in the world are in the Christian churches, of which you are a victim. Here is just one example. There are many thousands of people who listened to Jesus preach, they believed and they acted ie they followed his teachings. They never knew he was the Son of God, or that he had to die for their sins. These people according to you have no hope of eternal life.

Your version of eternal life is when someone accepts Christ and has Gods Spirit etc etc, only then can they do good works. That is just plain nonsense.

God justifies whosoever he wishes. Justification is by either faith or by works or by some combination. Even those with no law who live according to their conscience God can and will justify them. You are claiming to know who is and who is not justified and who is trying to earn eternal life and who is not. You are an ignorant Christian trying to promote your one-eyed church doctrine which is a failure according to the teachings of Christ who said it is those who do good works will enter the Kingdom of God. Mouth worshipers will be cast out.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 May 19
2 edits

@rajk999 said
The most narrowminded of all people in the world are in the Christian churches, of which you are a victim. Here is just one example. There are many thousands of people who listened to Jesus preach, they believed and they acted ie they followed his teachings. They never knew he was the Son of God, or that he had to die for their sins. These people according to you have no hope ...[text shortened]... aid it is those who do good works will enter the Kingdom of God. Mouth worshipers will be cast out.
It is narrow because that is what Jesus said, not because I want it to be different. Jesus preached this so I believe it, and you it seems deny it.

John 14
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him.”

Matthew 7
“Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.

How many times can you read scripture and ignore them? Does it sound like there is hope outside of Jesus Christ according to the words of Jesus Christ? You either are abiding in Him or you are not, it is narrow because He is it. It isn't easy because we have to pick up our crosses and follow Him dying to our old nature and obeying the Spirit of God, who cares more about the glory of God than our feelings, bank accounts, family, friends, and all we own. This life is but a blip of time and its over, if we gain the whole world so what if we lose our souls? Outside of Jesus Christ there is no hope, period!

With Jesus Christ all things are possible, to everyone! The thing about the love of God is that He knows us, at our worse He knew who we were and died for us. We can turn to Him knowing He loves us completely and in return we can love Him with our full assurance of faith that no matter what happens in this life He will never leave us or forsake us.

You have preached that so many people go to church and are missing Christ as if you knew them and that they were fake Christians, again as if you knew! Judgment begins in the house of God, no one outside of Christ is saved, none! If you don't have the Son, you do not have the Father, if you don't have the Holy Spirit you do not belong to God.

The horror for so many people I agree with you will be those spending their whole lives going to church out of duty, but never actually seeking God, they smooth over their sinful life by thinking they are doing their religious duties, and occasional good works. God calls us to Himself even as far back in the old testament God has called us out for this.

Isaiah 29:13
And the Lord said: “Because this people draw near with their mouth and honor me with their lips, while their hearts are far from me, and their fear of me is a commandment taught by men,

I'm telling you the best part of life is God, going through the good times and bad He is faithful. If God adds to our lives or takes things away He is doing good. I'd have to say early on in my Christian life I'm glad God denied me many of the things I prayed for, had He given them to me it would have more than likely ruined me in ways I cannot count. The pleasures of this life is going to ruin more here than the sorrows.

Just to make sure you grasp it is narrow and its Jesus not me making this point look at John 3.

John 3:
Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil. For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.”

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
30 May 19

@kellyjay said
It is narrow because that is what Jesus said, not because I want it to be different. Jesus preached this so I believe it, and you it seems deny it.

John 14
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him.”
...[text shortened]... rue comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.”
What happens to people who never know Jesus Christ, but who heard his teachings?

According to you they have no hope.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
30 May 19

@rajk999 said
What happens to people who never know Jesus Christ, but who heard his teachings?

According to you they have no hope.
According to me, you should seek God's Word, what does Jesus say, what do the scriptures say?

You think when He says "Depart from me I never knew you", it will be to people who knew Him, or never really did?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
30 May 19

@kellyjay said
According to me, you should seek God's Word, what does Jesus say, what do the scriptures say?

You think when He says "Depart from me I never knew you", it will be to people who knew Him, or never really did?
Jesus says all who do good works will enter the Kingdom of God.

You say otherwise.