The tooth fairy exists

The tooth fairy exists

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 May 11

Originally posted by Agerg
I'm not going to waste my time sifting through the same old Christian apologetics chite and so called `logical proofs' of "God" fully aware that they all require faith.

What I will do for you however, if you post such `evidence of God' here, is look it over and *then* show you why its worthless. :]
You did not like that quote by Albert Einstein, the notorious atheist,
I bet. So like I previously have stated you don't really want to
know the truth because it does not agree with your world view.
And even though you ask for evidence, you really don't want it.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
25 May 11
4 edits

Originally posted by RJHinds
You did not like that quote by Albert Einstein, the notorious atheist,
I bet. So like I previously have stated you don't really want to
know the truth because it does not agree with your world view.
And even though you ask for evidence, you really don't want it.
I have said you are free to post your evidence here and I'll look it over. I'm not going to go rummaging around in the garbage canister of Christian apologetics in search of "evidence" myself, but I'm willing to plug my nose and appraise whatever shyte you dig out yourself.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 May 11

I have said you are free to post your evidence here and I'll look it over. I'm not going to go rummaging around in the garbage canister of Christian apologetics in search of "evidence" myself, but I'm willing to plug my nose and appraise whatever shyte you dig out yourself.
Why should I even bother with the attitude you have?

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
25 May 11
3 edits

Why should I even bother with the attitude you have?
Well if you were a different theist then perhaps my attitude would be different; but I've seen what counts for evidence in your view, I am confident we've seen the upper limits of what you are capable of when it comes to defending your faith, and I'm not impressed. ;]

I would fully accept you to pluck something like "oh well how do you explain that there are 2 billion+ Christians in the world?" in the insane view that thats a winning argument - or something else equally insipid like verse blah of the Bible asserts X, therefore X happened, but only God can do X - ergo God exists.

Secondly I have no desire to indoctrinate myself into the belief your god exists - I'm not looking for faith, and so on... I'm looking to debate, and learn where my arguments can be strengthened, or when they should be abandoned (you are no help in this matter); and along with others, highlight the profound sillyness of your fundamentalist `ideas'.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 May 11

Well if you were a different theist then perhaps my attitude would be different; but I've seen what counts for evidence in your view, I am confident we've seen the upper limits of what you are capable of when it comes to defending your faith, and I'm not impressed. ;]

I would fully accept you to pluck something like [i]"oh well how do you explain that there ...[text shortened]... and along with others, highlight the profound sillyness of your fundamentalist `ideas'.
You think my ideas are silly and that is the same thing I
thought about a grown man believing that the "tooth fairy"
exists. However, it is a nice idea for children since it helps
make them excited and happy, even thought they have just
lost a tooth. Well, I hope you are able to find someone you
respect enough to consider a diffence of opinion. Goodbye.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
25 May 11

You think my ideas are silly and that is the same thing I
thought about a grown man believing that the "tooth fairy"
exists. However, it is a nice idea for children since it helps
make them excited and happy, even thought they have just
lost a tooth. Well, I hope you are able to find someone you
respect enough to consider a diffence of opinion. Goodbye.
Belief in the tooth fairy is no more silly than the belief in *your* notion of "God" and the comic book plots and villains that come with it...Goodbye ;]

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
25 May 11
1 edit

Belief in the tooth fairy is no more silly than the belief in *your* notion of "God" and the comic book plots and villains that come with it...Goodbye ;]
I dont know about tooth fairies but faires are more feasible an entity to me than the christian depiction of god.
While I assume you dont believe in fairies, they are actually a very significant character in esoteric folklore. They have things to tell you and can guide you out of trouble amongst other things.
I dont look at god or the tooth fairy being real so much as I try to understand the MessageS , the teachings that they may have to impart for the obsever. (Even if they are self invented in the mind of the observer this doesn't matter)
Again, look at the message and see if it makes sense, see if it is practical spiritual advice .Check out the info and cross-refrence it other scources and with your own intuition and or practiacal knowledge of the subject.

This crazy baptist gourp has comdemmed all of Australia on 60 minutes the other night. THE whole country, let alone saying that Heath Ledger got wht he desrved because he was depicting a gay man in a film. And worse, he said that the recent bushfire victims and flood victims in this country got what they deserved for not understanding christs message the right way.
They had their kids, as young as 5, carrying placards with these hateful messages.

What an absolute loony trash pusher! He reckons that there is much more references to god being vengful and hateful and that he would be "getting"people that didn't follow his commanments.
Is this true? is there more references in the bible to god being hateful rather than loving. (He may have been cherry picking.)

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 May 11

Originally posted by galveston75
I think many people cannot see the harm in what they call “little white lies,” but the founder of Christianity, Jesus, said: “Whoever is dishonest in small matters will be dishonest in large ones.” He also identified the Devil as ‘the father of lies’. That is certianly food for thought, and it helps us to understand why dishonesty is so widespread. Becau ...[text shortened]... im. When he lies, it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and the father of lies.
You are changing the words of Jesus to mean something
different than the context requires. Here is how the NASB
translates Luke 16:10-11.

"He who is faithful in a very little thing is also faithful in much;
and he who is unrighteous in a very little thing is unrighteous
also in much."

The context concerns the proper use of riches as you can see
if you read verse 11, "If therefore you have not been faithful
in the use of unrighteous mammon, who will entrust the true
riches to you?" This has nothing to do with "little white lies".

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
25 May 11
2 edits

You are changing the words of Jesus to mean something
different than the context requires. Here is how the NASB
translates Luke 16:10-11.

"He who is faithful in a very little thing is also faithful in much;
and he who is unrighteous in a very little thing is unrighteous
also in much."

The context concerns the proper use of riches as you can see
o will entrust the true
riches to you?" This has nothing to do with "little white lies".
I believe many of JC's words are up for interpretation.
2 reasons of the top of my head:

1. It was such a long time ago and clearly some parts of the bible can only make sense in allegorical way, if at all.

2. WE need to have our own personal interprations of JC's words as a prerequiset to move forward in our spirtiual development. (Otherwise we are just sheep regurgitating the same things as the "priests" say, which in my mind is a very dangerous practice, (ie. just swallowing whatever tripe comes out of the minister without question. This is the sort of idle community that can be used by "the devil" as "He" sees that their is no independent thought and therefor the group would be ripe to be infiltrated with with "bad ideas". )

I urge religous and no religous people alike to be vigilant against non truth as it is extremely harmful to the (spiritual) evolution of the planet. Trust is also a prerequisite to move our planet (and collective human conciosnesses) into the next dimension. Unfortunately we always have to work with people who represent the lowest commmon denominator (to be all inclusive ana holistic) , to raise the collective conciousnes. A few bad apples always stuff the good emtional work that many other extremely cool people have done (christians too 🙂 )for a long time now to (re) untie our planet and for peole to trust eachother in their daily lives. Even to the point of where we won't need police anymore.