1. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '17 11:38
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    Assuming that atheism is true, what would be the top 10 benefits of being an atheist? Here are a few that I can think of:

1. No moral absolutes, I can make up my own good and evil.
    2. No afterlife judgement, I can do whatever the hell I want, if I don't get caught it's cool no need to worry about hell.
    3. Freedom from the shackles of religion, si ...[text shortened]... ief I don't have to defend it against scrutiny.
    6?

That's all I got, please add to the list.
    6. You can limit your search for truth to unintelligent sources saving time for other stuff
    7. You can blame your genes for everything, 'sorry officer it was my genes wot did it!'
    8. You can have pointy ears and try to solve everything by the application of logic
    9. You can go evangelising with a book full of blank pages.
    10. You can start your own religion.
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    09 Feb '17 12:25
    11. You appear less stupid on messageboards.
    12. You can just read and chuckle about discussions whether or not those three fictional beings were actually separate beings or whether or not some kind of 3 in 1 situation is going on.
    13. No questions whether or not god approves of my badly injured child receiving a blood transfusion.
    14. Mowing the lawn on Sunday is no problem.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    09 Feb '17 12:44
    I only need one.
    1. I am not delusional.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Feb '17 13:25
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    6. You can limit your search for truth to unintelligent sources saving time for other stuff
    7. You can blame your genes for everything, 'sorry officer it was my genes wot did it!'
    8. You can have pointy ears and try to solve everything by the application of logic
    9. You can go evangelising with a book full of blank pages.
    10. You can start your own religion.
    It figures that you would round out his list.

You're another one who is aggressively offensive.

You're not a newbie, though, so I guess we'll just chalk it up to you being an asshat.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '17 14:022 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    It figures that you would round out his list.

You're another one who is aggressively offensive.

You're not a newbie, though, so I guess we'll just chalk it up to you being an asshat.
    Yes and you are not really Hong Kong Phooey but Suzianne the mild mannered janitor!
    Lighten up buttercup your face is always gloomy! Do you not realise that its an offence to
    come before the King of the Easy Riders with a gloomy countenance?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '17 14:072 edits
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    11. You appear less stupid on messageboards.
    12. You can just read and chuckle about discussions whether or not those three fictional beings were actually separate beings or whether or not some kind of 3 in 1 situation is going on.
    13. No questions whether or not god approves of my badly injured child receiving a blood transfusion.
    14. Mowing the lawn on Sunday is no problem.
    You could simply cite the example of the Khmer Rouge those lovable fun guys who killed
    millions of innocent people in an attempt to establish an atheist state.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '17 14:08
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I only need one.
    1. I am not delusional.
    What if your claim that you are not delusional is a delusion.
  8. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    09 Feb '17 14:32
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    You could simply cite the example of the Khmer Rouge those lovable fun guys who killed
    millions of innocent people in an attempt to establish an atheist state.
    Personally, I would never kill someone for having delusional theistic thoughts.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '17 14:341 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I only need one.
    1. I am not delusional.
    Your sister is a Christian.

Is she delusional?

Edit: I ask this with respect, and only include your sister because it gives perspective.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '17 14:58
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Your sister is a Christian.

Is she delusional?

Edit: I ask this with respect, and only include your sister because it gives perspective.
    Do you have any brothers or sisters who are abusive alcoholics? Your answer would give me perspective. 😕
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '17 15:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you have any brothers or sisters who are abusive alcoholics? Your answer would give me perspective. 😕
    My question to twhitehead was relevant to his comment.

But thank you for using any means possible to bring up my alcohol troubles.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '17 15:071 edit
    My question to twhitehead was relevant to his comment..
    Well it was your claim to be asking something "with respect" that made me think to ask. So my question is relevant to your comment.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '17 15:09
    But thank you for using any means possible to bring up my alcohol troubles.
    You need to decide whether you want sympathy and help with your very public problem, or whether you just want to get trashed and be abusive. Your "troubles" are something YOU make apparent here time and time again, not me.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '17 15:12
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well it was your claim to be asking something "with respect" that made me think to ask. So my question is relevant to your comment.
    I edited my comment to be clear that respect was being given to a family member.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Feb '17 15:14
    Originally posted by FMF
    You need to decide whether you want sympathy and help with your very public problem, or whether you just want to get trashed and be abusive. Your "troubles" are something YOU make apparent here time and time again, not me.
    Thanks Dr. FMF, when I want your opinion, I'll ask.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree