1. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    26 Feb '17 09:131 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    So, if someone is repentant and believes in Jesus but is still not "sinning a lot less", then their repentance and belief will be in vain and will not result in their "salvation", is that a fair summation?
    If they claim to believe and claim to be repentant yet they continue living in obvious willful sin I would question their claims.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '17 09:17
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    If they claim to believe and claim to be repentant yet they continue living in obvious willful sin I would question their claims.
    So, if someone believes in Jesus and is repentant but their repentance and belief is - shall we say - weak, and they continue to "sin", then they will miss out on "salvation", is that a fair summation of your own belief in this matter?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '17 09:241 edit
    "Obvious" to whom?

"Willful" as opposed to what?

[if] they continue living in obvious willful sin I would question their claims.

Does what you "would question" and "would [not] question" [about the "sins" of a "sinner" and their efforts to not "sin"] give us, in your view, valid information that applies to the reality in which all humanity live and what Christians believe is the reality of their relationship with Jesus [and their hope of "salvation"]?
  4. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    26 Feb '17 10:30
    Originally posted by FMF
    So, if someone believes in Jesus and is repentant but their repentance and belief is - shall we say - weak, and they continue to "sin", then they will miss out on "salvation", is that a fair summation of your own belief in this matter?
    No, if someone truly believes and is truly repentant their faith would be strong, not weak.
  5. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    26 Feb '17 10:36
    Originally posted by FMF
    "Obvious" to whom?

"Willful" as opposed to what?

[b][if] they continue living in obvious willful sin I would question their claims.

Does what you "would question" and "would [not] question" [about the "sins" of a "sinner" and their efforts to not "sin"] give us, in your view, valid information that applies to the reality in which all humanity live a ...[text shortened]... istians believe is the reality of their relationship with Jesus [and their hope of "salvation"]?[/b]
    Obvious to me. Willful as opposed to unintentional. No, you asked me for my opinion, only God can see the heart and only God will judge.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '17 10:38
    Just to be clear I believe that someone who is truly repentant and believes will be sinning a lot less often that someone who isn't, because the process of sanctification will run its course. Being repentant and believing is not just a state of mind but a total submission of the will to God.
    As a matter of interest, do you adjudge (and claim) yourself to be a believer who is "truly repentant", and whose efforts with regard to "the process of sanctification", are suitably strong and sincere to ensure your "salvation"?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '17 10:40
    Fetchmyjunk: If they claim to believe and claim to be repentant yet they continue living in obvious willful sin I would question their claims.

FMF: "Obvious" to whom? "Willful" as opposed to what?

Obvious to me. Willful as opposed to unintentional.
    Tell me more about your notion of "unintentional" "sin". Maybe give some everyday examples.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '17 10:44
    No, if someone truly believes and is truly repentant their faith would be strong, not weak.
    Not everybody can have the same degree of strength or weakness, obviously. Even people who believe in Jesus and who are repentant continue to "sin". What determines whether "sinners" will miss out on "salvation" or not?
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Feb '17 00:28
    Originally posted by FMF
    The moral compass "becomes diminished"? In what way?

Does your moral compass also "become diminished" every time you "disobey it"?
    The 'moral compass' is always compromised by the ego. Well most of the time anyhow.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree