The top 10 benefits of theism

The top 10 benefits of theism

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

l

Moves
12 Feb 17

Originally posted by galveston75
You tell me?

1 Peter 2:17
17 Honor men of all sorts, have love for the whole association of brothers, be in fear of God, honor the king.

Hebrews 10:24, 25
24 And let us consider one another so as to incite to love and fine works, 25 not forsaking our meeting together, as some have the custom, but encouraging one another, and all the more so a ...[text shortened]... pruning shears.
Nation will not lift up sword against nation,
Nor will they learn war anymore.
This is a very interesting response to a fairly direct and straightforward question. I find it interesting because the reader can interpret your answer to divegeester's question in two different ways. On one hand the answer is 'yes' and on the other it is 'no'.

1 Peter 2:17, Someone reading this scripture could think that 'yes' the JW consider non-JW as brothers. The problem is, you leave the answer really in the lap of the reader and it depends wholly on what the reader believes to be true and your response to the response to the question.

2 Corinthians 6:14, 15, Someone reading this scripture could think that 'no' the JW does not consider non-JW as brothers. The reason I say this is because of past comments from JW in this forum and this scripture. The scripture talks about being unequally yoked (Christians & JW?) In the least, I think you confuse the answer to the question "Would you classify any Christians who are not Jehovah's Witness as your "brother"?" with this scripture as a basis for your answer. Do you see my point?

Would you classify any Christians who are not Jehovah's Witness as your "brother"? Can you answer by yes/no? By answering yes or no, you would leave little to no doubt in the eyes of the reader as to whether or not you would classify any Christians who are not Jehovah's Witness as your "brother".

Personally, I believe all these scriptures as the word of God, it's how we apply these at times that is the problem.

Moves
12 Feb 17

You tell me?

1 Peter 2:17
17 Honor men of all sorts, have love for the whole association of brothers, be in fear of God, honor the king.

Hebrews 10:24, 25
24 And let us consider one another so as to incite to love and fine works, 25 not forsaking our meeting together, as some have the custom, but encouraging one another, and all the more so a ...[text shortened]... pruning shears.
Nation will not lift up sword against nation,
Nor will they learn war anymore.
Why would I tell you, I'm asking you. It's a simple question.
Hey-ho, usual avoidance from you.

Moves
12 Feb 17
1 edit

Originally posted by leunammi
This is a very interesting response to a fairly direct and straightforward question. I find it interesting because the reader can interpret your answer to divegeester's question in two different ways. On one hand the answer is 'yes' and on the other it is 'no'.
Of course he is being evasive. The JWs are councelled on how to respond to questions, which if answered unequivocally, would reveal the cult-like nature of their religion. It is the reason I try to ask closed (yes or no response) questions and the reason they get irritated with me. All theists should be able to answer well placed closed questions.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
12 Feb 17

While all Christians are theists, not all theists are Christians.

Moves
12 Feb 17

Originally posted by apathist
Wow.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
12 Feb 17

Originally posted by apathist
Enlighten our dear friend twhithead who claims that some Christians are atheists or some atheists are Christians. He calls them Christian atheists.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
12 Feb 17

1 Peter 2:17, Someone reading this scripture could think that 'yes' the JW consider non-JW a ...[text shortened]... e all these scriptures as the word of God, it's how we apply these at times that is the problem.
Good question but I first have to ask what is your idea of a brother in a religious sense of course? Just one who has a casual agreement in the Bible or ones who have total agreement? Remember who 's statements these were in the Bible and remembering such statements or warnings about ones associations who might claim to be a brother and a believer, but are actually ones who are seeking to cause harm or deceit as the bible says will happen.

Moves
12 Feb 17

Good question but I first have to ask what is your idea of a brother in a religious sense of course? Just one who has a casual agreement in the Bible or ones who have total agreement? Remember who 's statements these were in the Bible and remembering such statements or warnings about ones associations who might claim to be a brother and a believer, but are actually ones who are seeking to cause harm or deceit as the bible says will happen.
Is it possible for you to accept as a brother in Christ, anyone who is not a member of the Jehovah's Witness religion?

l

Moves
12 Feb 17

Ok, a side step. Can you answer divegeester' question from a previous post with a yes or no? It's not too difficult is it?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
12 Feb 17

Originally posted by divegeester
Of course he is being evasive. The JWs are councelled on how to respond to questions, which if answered unequivocally, would reveal the cult-like nature of their religion. It is the reason I try to ask closed (yes or no response) questions and the reason they get irritated with me. All theists should be able to answer well placed closed questions.
We are taught nothing of the sort. You know that is a lie and you seem to forget who is watching you every time you make these stupid accusations.
We are taught to teach from the bible and quoting scriptures and to see what response we get. So some do not have the correct understanding of the scripture being discussed or they do. You don't know unless you ask, right? All I did was post some scriptures to see what the answer would be. Or is that to complicated for you to understand?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
12 Feb 17

Ok, a side step. Can you answer divegeester' question from a previous post with a yes or no? It's not too difficult is it?
So you would just be happy if you got a simple yes or no with no explanation of either?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
12 Feb 17

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
Enlighten our dear friend twhithead who claims that some Christians are atheists or some atheists are Christians. He calls them Christian atheists.
Prove it. I'm a pagan btw.

l

Moves
12 Feb 17
1 edit

So you would just be happy if you got a simple yes or no with no explanation of either?
Well... I am not seeking happiness from you or anyone else. I thought divegeester's question was simple, straightforward and uncomplicated, a yes or no question on the face of it.

For the purpose of qualifying the question, let me rephrase it. Do JW believe people that call themselves Christians (Christians being those that say Jesus Chest is Lord, and are not JW) on the same footing and are fellow Christians with those that are JW? After all, JW call themselves Christians, no?

Yes or no?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
12 Feb 17

Well... I am not seeking happiness from you or anyone else. I thought divegeester's question was simple, straightforward and uncomplicated, a yes or no question on the face of it.

For the purpose of qualifying the question, let me rephrase it. Do JW believe people that call themselves Christians (Christians being those that say Jesus Chest is Lord, a ...[text shortened]... Christians with those that are JW? After all, JW call themselves Christians, no?

Yes or no?
Matt 7: 21-23. “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. 22 Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!’

Is it possible you can get the answer from these 3 scriptures?

You see my friend if I simply answered your yes or no question, there would not be an exchange of knowledge as to why I would say yes or no. In fact Jesus hardly ever answered with a simple yes or no. In fact he would usually answer with a question or an example of a situation that would actually explain his answer clearly.
Now if you never want to learn or discuss my answers and just want a yes or no, you might as well not respond to my post as it will probably never be answered that way... Sorry.

l

Moves
12 Feb 17

Matt 7: 21-23. “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. 22 Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And then I wil ...[text shortened]... ou might as well not respond to my post as it will probably never be answered that way... Sorry.
Thanks for your answer.