1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Feb '17 01:12
    Originally posted by leunammi
    Would it be a yes or no explanation?
    My answer was no. So it would be a no explanation. Right?
    I'll just get to it. Would ones really be called brothers in a religious sense if they truly didn't believe the same in many important issues in the Bible that I do.
    My Christian teachings tell me not to fight in mans wars and kill another human. Would another soldier in a different christian religion kill me if I lived in an enemy country? Probably. Is that my brother?
    Or would two others who claim to be Christian also be brothers if they believed it was right to fight for their country if they came face to face on the battle field? No doubt they would kill the other. Right?
    Just one example as to why I would not call one of another Christian religion a brother. But I know that no other JW would ever kill me, mostly because I know they would never be on a battle field.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Feb '17 01:32
    Originally posted by galveston75
    My answer was no. So it would be a no explanation. Right?
    I'll just get to it. Would ones really be called brothers in a religious sense if they truly didn't believe the same in many important issues in the Bible that I do.
    My Christian teachings tell me not to fight in mans wars and kill another human. Would another soldier in a different christia ...[text shortened]... hat no other JW would ever kill me, mostly because I know they would never be on a battle field.
    And yet without people dying for freedom of religion you would not have a chance of forming your organization.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Feb '17 01:36
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    And yet without people dying for freedom of religion you would not have a chance of forming your organization.
    You just have to have faith that if it is god's will to be in an organization and doing what the bible says and following his commands like not killing, then things will always work out. Correct?
    We are in over 200 lands on the earth and not all approve of us being there. But we are without ever raising a weapon.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Feb '17 01:41
    You just have to have faith that if it is god's will to be in an organization and doing what the bible says and following his commands like not killing, then things will always work out. Correct?
    We are in over 200 lands on the earth and not all approve of us being there. But we are without ever raising a weapon.
    It is admirable, no doubt.
    But the facts remain.
    And there was another religion or two that professes the same thing, so you guys aren't the first to the punch.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Feb '17 02:36
    It is admirable, no doubt.
    But the facts remain.
    And there was another religion or two that professes the same thing, so you guys aren't the first to the punch.
    So just think if all Christian religions did as we do. Would you have faith in god to protect them too? Is it beyond gods strength? Perhaps if they all did things his way, god may just step in and remove the wicked including satan. But perhaps so many so called christian religions do not up hold god's standards such as "do not kill" and let him do the revenge part as he promised, things might be different on this planet to the better of us all.
    But not letting oneself trust in God to seek revenge and to take things into their own hands and there own will of revenge, it hasn't turned out so good for us humans and with the new president here, things could turn really bad really soon.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Feb '17 03:23
    So just think if all Christian religions did as we do. Would you have faith in god to protect them too? Is it beyond gods strength? Perhaps if they all did things his way, god may just step in and remove the wicked including satan. But perhaps so many so called christian religions do not up hold god's standards such as "do not kill" and let him do the re ...[text shortened]... so good for us humans and with the new president here, things could turn really bad really soon.
    If most Christians adopted a non violence policy I would agree that this a fine thing for Christianity, applying the principles of non-violence would show that the church is leading by example. But except for a very small handful of denominations, I can't see major players like the Catholic church going for that.

I hope Trump brings out the people(Christians? ) from the woodwork, democrat or republican, to counter his appalling policies and maybe even unify (for a time) an opposition to Trumps draconian measures .

What do you think... Would unifying some Christian groups just for this issue make a difference to his unnerving this juggernaught and bring substantial opposition that will stop this gentrification?
    If you can't unify in opposing Trumps xenophobic, bigotted ideas then there could well be more unpredictable.
    (I'm not saying to bring your faiths together forever. I'm not saying you have to conform Christian ideas- you just have to stand up to this tyrant united) after he loses his power. you can go back to preaching your differences from to the rest of the world and Christianity 😀 )
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Feb '17 03:35
    If most Christians adopted a non violence policy I would agree that this a fine thing for Christianity, applying the principles of non-violence would show that the church is leading by example. But except for a very small handful of denominations, I can't see major players like the Catholic church going for that.

I hope Trump brings out the people(C ...[text shortened]... ou can go back to preaching your differences from to the rest of the world and Christianity 😀 )
    Even if all Christian, and as far as it goes, all religions to came together to fight for good no matter what the issue, you have to remember that Satan is alive and well and madder then h-ll because just like the Bible says "he know's he has only a short time left to ruin this world" as much as he can. God says he, Satan, is temporarily in charge of this planet so he would never let any kind of true peace happen. It can only happen in the near future when Jehovah's son Jesus catches Satan and confines him in the abyss for a thousand years.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Feb '17 04:00
    Even if all Christian, and as far as it goes, all religions to came together to fight for good no matter what the issue, you have to remember that Satan is alive and well and madder then h-ll because just like the Bible says "he know's he has only a short time left to ruin this world" as much as he can. God says he, Satan, is temporarily in charge of thi ...[text shortened]... uture when Jehovah's son Jesus catches Satan and confines him in the abyss for a thousand years.
    An angel not Jesus does that.

Revelation 20King James Version (KJV)
    20 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
    2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
    3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Feb '17 05:34
    Originally posted by apathist
    While all Christians are theists, not all theists are Christians.
    Just wondering, is there a point here?

I mean this seems like Captain Obvious territory.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Feb '17 05:43
    I guess I hope that ones who actually read the scriptures I post will get the answer from it. I guess that can't happen as these scriptures must be to deep or something like that?
    But be fair, I know you or the others here would not answer yes or no to my questions either.
    I'm hoping to possibly teach something? What are your motives or especially the motives of the others here who say they are Christians? To enlighten or just to argue?
    Look, if the answer is no, which I think everyone is getting from you from your unwillingness to answer the question, then it's no, and we can go from there.

But personally, I think any Christian who is unwilling to call any human his brother, regardless of "religious affiliation", better have an answer ready on Judgement Day for that un-Christlike behavior. I do not think such behavior can be defended at all.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Feb '17 05:46
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Of course he won't. The answer is "no", if you are not a member of the Jehovah's Witness religion you will not be classified as a "brother". It's a cult.

Conversely, if they say "yes", then they aren't as special and awesome as they make out.

In chess I believe it's called a "fork".
    Do they have a secret handshake and a secret code word?
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Feb '17 05:54

I hope Trump brings out the people(C ...[text shortened]... ou can go back to preaching your differences from to the rest of the world and Christianity 😀 )
    This sounds all well and good but as long as we have people arguing over which side of the bread the butter goes on, then we will have other people persecuting them for daring to use butter at all, and no one will be rising up to stop them because they're too busy arguing amongst themselves.
  13. Joined
    21 Nov '08
    Moves
    14 Feb '17 22:201 edit
    Hope and a relentless will for life's challenges are benefits of theism. Our path was not meant to be one of struggling and we can most easily find our way to the Celestial Kingdom in following God's plan. It may be wise to read advice of miguel de portugal - http://mgr.org/dontdespair.html http://www.mgr.org/followme.html
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Feb '17 02:52
    Brother Ron Kangus speaks on Revelation chapter 4 and the glorious eternal expression of the triune God.

2015 THE NETHERLANDS INTERNATIONAL BLENDING CONFERENCE IN BAARLO

YouTube
  15. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    17 Feb '17 09:541 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    what a pure whingebag man!
    You lost points there!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree