1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '16 19:46
    Hear oh Israel, the Lord your God is ONE.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Aug '16 19:52
    Originally posted by divegeester
    How does this statement make any sense at all when you are claiming that God and Jesus are one? Whether you have the idea that they are somehow 'one entity' or the trinity belief that 3 entities equals one....is still the same conclusion: more than ONE God.

Who was Jesus praying to in the garden?? Himself?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '16 19:54
    Originally posted by chaney3
    How does this statement make any sense at all when you are claiming that God and Jesus are one? Whether you have the idea that they are somehow 'one entity' or the trinity belief that 3 entities equals one....is still the same conclusion: more than ONE God.

Who was Jesus praying to in the garden?? Himself?
    When someone meditates, who do they meditate to?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Aug '16 20:01
    When someone meditates, who do they meditate to?
    Good point, but Jesus wasn't meditating, He was praying to 'someone', asking a question.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Aug '16 20:37
    Hear Oh New Jerusalem, the Lord your God and eternal life is three-one.

See ?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '16 21:041 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    Hear Oh New Jerusalem, the Lord your God and eternal life is three-one.

See ?
    See what? that's not scripture.
    Are you feeling ok?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '16 21:09
    Good point, but Jesus wasn't meditating, He was praying to 'someone', asking a question.
    Yes his humanity was asking for strength from his eternal self, he was showing the way it should be done. Irrespective of what you see pictorially in your mind ps eye, the fundamental truth is that God is one. So relax in that truth and don't create a three person God just because you don't comprehend the temporal picture.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Aug '16 21:14
    Yes his humanity was asking for strength from his eternal self, he was showing the way it should be done. Irrespective of what you see pictorially in your mind ps eye, the fundamental truth is that God is one. So relax in that truth and don't create a three person God just because you don't comprehend the temporal picture.
    Your description of how you view God and Jesus doesn't sound any better than sonship's.

No matter how you slice it, either God and Jesus are 2 distinct, seperate entities.....or there is more than ONE God being worshipped here.

And we haven't even included the neglected Holy Spirit.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Aug '16 21:151 edit
    See what? that's not scripture.
    Are you feeling ok?
    I am going to teach you to love the Trinity.

If you do not want to end up loving the Trinity like one who is crazy in love, maybe you better stop reading my posts.

This is what a little brother from China did to us with his rich ministry, caused us to go crazy with love for the Triune God. (Bro. Witness Lee)

Here's a song the young people sing in the English speaking meetings.

"The Triune God a Mystery"

YouTube

Be back latter tonight, Lord willing.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '16 21:16
    Your description of how you view God and Jesus doesn't sound any better than sonship's.

No matter how you slice it, either God and Jesus are 2 distinct, seperate entities.....or there is more than ONE God being worshipped here.

And we haven't even included the neglected Holy Spirit.
    As someone who has publicly stated that the bible is BS, I'm afraid your oafish opinion doesn't carry much weight.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '16 21:17
    Originally posted by sonship
    I am going to teach you to love the Trinity.

If you do not want to end up loving the Trinity like one who is crazy in love, maybe you better stop reading my posts.

This is what a little brother from China did to us with his rich ministry, caused us to go crazy with love for the Triune God. (Bro. Witness Lee)

Here's a song the young people sing i ...[text shortened]... "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zntfP5dJj2E

Be back latter tonight, Lord willing.[/b]
    Ok this will be interesting.
    What are you going to do now, put a spell on me?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Aug '16 21:19
    As someone who has publicly stated that the bible is BS, I'm afraid your oafish opinion doesn't carry much weight.
    And for someone who said they would discard the entire New Testament if there was a hell.....who cares.

Your view of God and Jesus doesn't make sense....and sounds no different than the trinity....just so you know.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '16 21:25
    And for someone who said they would discard the entire New Testament if there was a hell.....who cares.

Your view of God and Jesus doesn't make sense....and sounds no different than the trinity....just so you know.
    Well you're not a Christian, so why would you care.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Aug '16 21:34
    Well you're not a Christian, so why would you care.
    Fair enough, tell me who is a Christian:

Dive...with his view of God and Jesus.
    Sonship...with his view.
    Checkbaiter...with his view.
    KellyJay...with his view.
    Rak....with his view.
    Robbie...with his view.
    Suzianne...with her view.

Despite having multiple views, with extremes on personal accounts of who God and Jesus are, is everyone a Christian??

Seems like no matter what the individual belief or opinion, it's seemingly all inclusive. And that's merely an example of this forum. It's no different in the real world....just a bigger scale.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '16 21:57
    Fair enough...
    OK then.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree