1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Apr '18 19:50
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Indeed. When God wiped out the whole of humanity He did, in his mercy, save eight of them.
    You missed the question. Did God show mercy *immediately after* Adam and Eve disobeyed and sinned against Him?

As to your point, which was not germaine to my question, you have no idea what the condition of the earth and humanity was like at the time of the Great Flood. The Bible says the thoughts of mankind was only evil, continually.

“And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.”

(Genesis 6:5-6)

Check out the verses preceding those. What’s your interpretation of those verses?
  2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    21 Apr '18 19:55
    Originally posted by @secondson
    That's what you seem to think.

I said troll, and I mean troll.

Synonyms: comb, dig, dredge, hunt, rake, ransack, rifle, rummage, scour, prowl, goblin, hobgoblin, gnome, halfling, demon, monster, bugaboo, ogre.
    Context, for God's sake. 🙄

Online it does not mean most of those things.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Apr '18 07:42
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    You missed the question. Did God show mercy *immediately after* Adam and Eve disobeyed and sinned against Him?

As to your point, which was not germaine to my question, you have no idea what the condition of the earth and humanity was like at the time of the Great Flood. The Bible says the thoughts of mankind was only evil, continually.

“And God saw ...[text shortened]... esis 6:5-6)

Check out the verses preceding those. What’s your interpretation of those verses?
    Bump for Ghost.

Would be interested in your perspective as a former student of theology.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Apr '18 13:15
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Bump for Ghost.

Would be interested in your perspective as a former student of theology.
    You spoke of divine punishment and mercy and don't think me referencing the great flood is relevant?! (Have a good think about that).

As for you being 'interested in 'my' perspective as a former student of theology,' no you wouldn't. You are completely void of genuine interest in that.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Apr '18 13:341 edit
    You spoke of divine punishment and mercy and don't think me referencing the great flood is relevant?! (Have a good think about that).

As for you being 'interested in 'my' perspective as a former student of theology,' no you wouldn't. You are completely void of genuine interest in that.
    The Bible makes a comment about that issue. Basically, sinners in past times, before the coming of Jesus Christ, and before his death, had no opportunity for being saved and for repentance. Now with Jesus's death there is atonement for sins.

How does that help those who died the flood? Peter explains:

For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water. (1 Peter 3:18-20 KJV)

Jesus died and his body was buried, not in the earth but was laid in a sepulcher. But Paul said that Jesus descended into the lower parts of the earth before he went to be with God after his resurrection.

Peter said that Jesus preached to those who were disobedient in the time of Noah.
    I would say that that demonstrates the mercy of God.

God removed them from the earth for a reason .. their continuous sin.
    Restarted everything with Noah. But did not forget them.
    The spirits who Jesus preached to in 'prison' and repented, will be in the Kingdom of God.
  6. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    22 Apr '18 13:57
    Trolls are verbally abusive.

"Shoot your pastor."

"What a damn fool you are."

"How old were you when your pastor sexually abused you as a child"

"You bunch are small minded wimps"

"You are an a$$."

"You are a goat"

"Your type - spineless lame people..."

"You are a monkey"

"You are a true mouth worshipping dunce."

"You are a scatterbrain."

"You are a stinking liar."

"I am not your brother. Go to hell."
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '18 14:08
    He's pretty insulting sometimes, as are you, but you have not established that he is propagating a theology deliberately in order to stir you up or "troll" you. It seems pretty clear that he is propagating the Christian doctrines to which he subscribes and you simply disagree with him vehemently. And of course he disagrees with you vehemently too. It's testimony, perhaps, to both your sincerity and his.

He may be uncompromising, and his banter might not be to your taste, but his consistency down through the years and his meticulous citing of scriptures that are key to his perspectives appear to make him guilty of nothing more or less than being a follower of Jesus with him you do not see eye to eye.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Apr '18 14:20

[b]"Shoot your pastor."

"You are an a$$."

"You are a goat"

"You are a monkey"

[ ...[text shortened]... rbrain."[/b]

"I am not your brother. Go to hell."[/b]
    Hey hey hey ... you left out my personal favourite :
    You are a church rat, eating up all the vomit preached by the pastor
    ... lol 😀

Like FMF said .. I take it from you people and I dish out as well.
    Want me to stop ? .. be nice.
    You all have made some pretty insulting comments about me
    You are no saints... so dont be a hypocrite

Clearly you seem to have forgotten how Jesus and Paul spoke to and about people who were false and evil.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Apr '18 14:551 edit

[b]"Shoot your pastor."

"You are an a$$."

"You are a goat"

"You are a monkey"

[ ...[text shortened]... rbrain."[/b]

"I am not your brother. Go to hell."[/b]
    While that might be true (a troll being verbally abusive) you also need to be careful yourself scrolling through a poster's forum history looking for ammunition. Trolls tend to do that as well.

For what it's worth, I don't view either of you as a troll and think it is all too easy to label a person as such who you frequently bump heads with.

Ghost. The voice of reason.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Apr '18 15:54
    Originally posted by @fmf
    He's pretty insulting sometimes, as are you, but you have not established that he is propagating a theology deliberately in order to stir you up or "troll" you. It seems pretty clear that he is propagating the Christian doctrines to which he subscribes and you simply disagree with him vehemently. And of course he disagrees with you vehemently too. It's testimon ...[text shortened]... uilty of nothing more or less than being a follower of Jesus with him you do not see eye to eye.
    Correct. A good example of where they disagree vehemently is in the post above where I am pointing out that even the sinners destroyed in the flood can be in the Kingdom of God. I have also shown where there is also hope for atheists and unbelievers if their qualify.

Their doctrine which they promote is
    - only Christians [good or evil] will be in the Kingdom of God and they have this separate judgment seat
    - all others are condemned at the Great White Throne
    - these are eternally tormented.

Their doctrine is both selfish and depraved. A little understanding of how God operates can open their eyes to the wide ranging influence on all humanity, of the work of Jesus Christ. But rather than see that, they instead focus on promoting the idea that Jesus belongs to Christians and nobody else will benefit from his work or teachings.
    -
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Apr '18 15:56
    While that might be true (a troll being verbally abusive) you also need to be careful yourself scrolling through a poster's forum history looking for ammunition. Trolls tend to do that as well.

For what it's worth, I don't view either of you as a troll and think it is all too easy to label a person as such who you frequently bump heads with.

Voice of reason indeed 🙂.
    If all those insults are placed in the context in which they were stated, then they would look bad as well.
    How does one spend time sifting through posts to find all that?
    The man has nothing to do and he is doing his nothing on this forum 😀
  12. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    22 Apr '18 16:45
    Originally posted by @fmf
    .., but his consistency down through the years and his meticulous citing of scriptures that are key to his perspectives appear to make him guilty of nothing more or less than being a follower of Jesus with him you do not see eye to eye.
    Consistently trolling this forum for years his hypocrisy.

The troll says, "I follow the commandments of Jesus", but does he?

Jesus said, "love your neighbor", but, as is being demonstrated by the troll's own words he does anything but love his neighbor.

The troll is not guilty of being a follower of Jesus.
  13. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    22 Apr '18 17:18

I was careful. Thing is though, is that all the quotes came from posts made within the last few weeks and can't necessarily be said to be "scrolling through a poster's forum history" per se.

Seems you have some theological training. I wouldn't think it a stretch that you know and understand "sound teaching" and the doctrine of grace as it is taught by the scriptures. The problem isn't about having different perspectives and disagreements about non-essential points of doctrine, but about doctrine that doesn't square with the core truths related to salvation, and the hypocrisy of a poster that "say(s), and do(es) not".
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Apr '18 17:22
    Consistently trolling this forum for years his hypocrisy.

The troll says, "I follow the commandments of Jesus", but does he?

Jesus said, "love your neighbor", but, as is being demonstrated by the troll's own words he does anything but love his neighbor.

The troll is not guilty of being a follower of Jesus.
    Why do you have so much hate in you, amigo? lol 😀
    You will not find anywhere I say that I follow the commandments of Christ.
    You will find plenty of me saying
    - I follow Christ
    - I believe in the teachings of Christ
    - I believe Christ commandments is the road to eternal life.

You will never see any comment about what I do and whether I follow the commandments or not. Neither will I ever ask someone whether they follow the commandments. I have no interest in discussing myself of other peoples lives.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Apr '18 17:321 edit
    .. the core truths related to salvation, .
    Nonsense. I have pointed out core truths related to salvation .. DIRECTLY FROM THE WRITINGS OF PAUL .. and you ignored them.

You are a church rat. You cannot see the flaws in the doctrine taught by the church which are totally and completely astray from the teachings of the Apostles.

Like uneducated brainless morons you jokers jump for joy and shout hallelujah, praise the Lord, when Paul writes in Ephesians 2 that Christians are saved by faith and not by works, and ignore what is meant by the word 'saved'. The rest of the letter chapters 3, 4 and 5 contain dire warnings which if not followed will lead to eternal damnation.

You are angry because you cannot argue with clear teachings and these clear teachings were not part of the church doctrine that you were taught. Dont take out your anger on me. All that I write is in the teachings of Christ and the Apostles. In a few years you will be thanking me for opening your eyes.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree