1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Feb '11 12:11
    Originally posted by nook7
    If all opinions are equally valid according to you - then why do you support your mate Vishy while he insults all those who post threads contrary to his version of reality?
    Um..if you followed my posts regarding Vishy , I think you would find that I have merely tried to support him to have his say , as I have with other new posters.
    I have rarely agreed with him wholly, and have let him take heaps of stick, which was prolly deserved, without intervening.

i have made it my thing to isolate myself from all other points of view on this forum.

Yes Vishy insults other posters. He also says a lot of other things that go unnoticed
  2. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    02 Feb '11 12:13
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Um..if you followed my posts regarding Vishy , I think you would find that I have merely tried to support him to have his say , as I have with other new posters.
    I have rarely agreed with him wholly, and have let him take heaps of stick, which was prolly deserved, without intervening.

i have made it my thing to isolate myself from all other points ...[text shortened]... forum.

Yes Vishy insults other posters. He also says a lot of other things that go unnoticed
    That is fair enough.

Thanks for pointing out what l should've known!
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Feb '11 12:16
    Originally posted by nook7
    That is fair enough.

Thanks for pointing out what l should've known!
    🙂 ...and your input is always welcome at my end...
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Feb '11 12:211 edit
    Not an insult. Just a reminder that all opinions on here are equally valid, unless...

Nah, lets just keep it at all opinions are equally valid, ok?

Edit: and feel free to ignore the actual questions in my post. I'll forget...eventually.
    what is spiritual content, anything related to spirituality, that is not base materialism and non spirituality! My own preference is for scripture, Biblical scripture, but i do not deny that there is wisdom in other modes of expression.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Feb '11 12:27
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    what is spiritual content, anything related to spirituality, that is not base materialism and non spirituality!
    Agreed.

But I'm sick of spelling this word out on this forum so often:interpretation.

How we interpret scripture ,or any other sutra, is based on the individual and does not require any agreement from anyone else.

Our own inner conviction cannot "ripen" in the company of a lot of "yes men".
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Feb '11 12:531 edit
    Agreed.

How we interpret scripture ,or any other sutra, is based on the individual and does not require any agreement from anyone else.

This is rather an interesting statement, for only yesterday i was reading some quotations from some martial arts heroes of mine who stated essentially the same thing. What is inner conviction but self knowledge? If ones mode of expression cannot teach us about ourselves then how can we overcome our ignorance? The superiority of scripture appears to me to be a kind of shared experience and the one who peers into it, gets to see blemishes and imperfections and can learn not only from his own experience but the experience of others also. How this is done in isolation I cannot say.
  7. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    02 Feb '11 16:35
    Agreed.

Please refrain from trolling this trolling thread with off-topic non-trollish posts 😛
  8. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 04:40
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Thankyou manny i like to read your posts as well, at least they have some spiritual content. I really should have kept up my insult list, i could have added several pages by now, annoying and cowardly would have fitted in there rather nicely, juxtaposed between lazy bum and false prophet, i may yet resurrect it. I mean what's the alternative, non s ...[text shortened]... th their secular liberalism and political correctness, a luke warm drink of water on a hot day!
    Though controversial RC I really do enjoy your intellect and wit and I sincerely believe that you love God 🙂 Don't always agree with somethings you post but such is life.

Manny
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 07:301 edit
    Originally posted by menace71
    Though controversial RC I really do enjoy your intellect and wit and I sincerely believe that you love God 🙂 Don't always agree with somethings you post but such is life.

Manny
    thankyou Manny but i have lost my appetite, used to be you could have some fun bantering and cajoling while maintaining a balance between mirth and content, now the forum is reduced to personal attacks and can get not a little sinister.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Feb '11 07:38
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Please refrain from trolling this trolling thread with off-topic non-trollish posts 😛
    😞 Yes sir.. sorry sir...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree