The Universal  Bright Woman

The Universal Bright Woman

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Sep 14

TYPO.

I meant to write above:

And I am not at all advocating that the church people could [not] be served as well from such warnings.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
03 Sep 14

Originally posted by sonship
Okay, the word can mean "land, earth, ground, country" according to Strong's concordance. However, one must use common sense when translating words with different meanngs.

That is correct. And the "common sense" being used by some translators is this: As Jesus is referring to the prophetic words of [b]Zechariah 12:12
it is the Jewish ...[text shortened]... that the church people could be served as well from such warnings.

Now I have to stop here.[/b]
Regardless of how you want to translate it, the point is that the rapture occurs after the tribulation, not before, because if this gathering together occurs after the tribulation, then the rapture of those remaining can not occur before the tribulation because of 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17) explains when the "catching up" or the "rapture" occurs.

But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus. For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Sep 14
5 edits

Originally posted by RJHinds
Regardless of how you want to translate it, the point is that the rapture occurs after the tribulation, not before, because if this gathering together occurs after the tribulation, then the rapture of those remaining can not occur before the tribulation because of 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17) explains when the "catching up" or the "rapture" occurs.

That is the rapture of those who are living and who are left remaining, exactly as it is written in 1 Thess. 4:17 .

"Then we who are living, who are left remaining, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; ..."

However you would like to avoid the passages if the Firstfruits are taken before the great tribulation then those taken latter would be those "who are living, who are left remaining".

However you would like to evade it, if the man-child is taken before the one thousands two hundred and sixty days, then those taken afterwards would be the rapture of those "who are living, who are left remaining."

If you want to bet on there being no saints taken out of the hour of trial according to Rev. 3:10, then you go ahead and follow that belief.

But if some are selected to be taken before that hour commences, then those taken at its end would be the rapture of those "who are living, who are left remaining."

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
04 Sep 14

Some believe that Revelation 12:1 is how the constellation Virgo appeared at the time of the birth of Christ, not the crucifixion.

But if we use the dream of Joseph in Genesis 37:9-10 to interpret John's vision in Revelation 12, the sun and the moon represent the father and mother of the twelve children of Israel represented by the twelve stars. The women ...[text shortened]... wished to destroy the Son and the seed of the woman, is represented by the dragon in the vision.
I stand corrected

Manny

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Sep 14
2 edits

[quote] Regardless of how you want to translate it, the point is that the rapture occurs after the tribulation, not before, because if this gathering together occurs after the tribulation, then the rapture of those remaining can not occur before the tribulation because of 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17) explains when the "catching up" or the "rapture" occurs.
[/q ...[text shortened]... taken at its end would be the rapture of those [b]"who are living, who are left remaining."
[/b]
I have already given you a reference that the believers will go through tribulation according to Jesus. Here again in Revelation, the church is said to go through tribulation.

Message to the church of Smyrna:
Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

(Revelation 2:10 KJV)

You mention Revelation 3:10 as a reference you believe excludes the church from the tribulation. However, it says nothing about the tribulation.

Message to the church of Philadelphia:
Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

(Revelation 3:10 KJV)

I believe this HOUR of temptation is NOT speaking of the time of GREAT TRIBULATION. Simply looking at the CONTEXT and observing that the CHURCH is going through tribulation and has thus far KEPT the word of God with patience waiting for the coming of Jesus, this hour of temptation or trial probably refers to something else.

Here is a possibility:
And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues...
For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,
And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city!
And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.

(Revelation 18:4,17-19 KJV)

When Jesus returns after the tribulation, He comes to resurrect the dead and change and rapture those remaing alive; then he administers the vengence and wrath of God. However, the believers are not appointed to receive the wrath of God.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Sep 14
8 edits

I have already given you a reference that the believers will go through tribulation according to Jesus. Here again in Revelation, the church is said to go through tribulation.

You don't seem to be talking to me.
What does that have to do with anything I taught ?

Of course if some saints are taken out of the hour of trial (Rev. 3:10) which is to come upon the whole earth, those who are not so taken would pass through the tribulation.

Of course if the man-child is taken before the one thousand two hundred and sixty days, the "woman" fleeing to the wilderness would pass through the great tribulation, exactly as Revelation 12 and 13 state. And they have the testimony of Jesus (12:17).

So you have said nothing which I contradicted.

Message to the church of Smyrna:

Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

That is by no means a verse that I would use to prove the particular point you wish to make. Regardless, I have stated that the Harvest in Revelation 14 has passed through the great tribulation though the Firstfruits have not.

And those in First Thessalonians 4:17 who are "living, who are left remaining" have passed through the great tribulation. But any who were living but who were NOT left remaining were already raptured.

You are using canned responses which are telling me nothing that I do not already know.

(Revelation 2:10 KJV)

You mention Revelation 3:10 as a reference you believe excludes the church from the tribulation. However, it says nothing about the tribulation.

It will exclude those who the Lord deems have fulfilled the CONDITION of keeping the word of His endurance. That will probably not be the entire church but some overcoming ones.

"Because you have kept the word of My endurance, I also will keep you out of the hour of trial, which is about to come on the whole inhabited earth, to try them who dwell on the earth."

That speaks of selection according to a condition. Does it not?
So those Christians not selected would pass through the trial which is about to come upon the earth. And those who fulfill the condition would not pass through the trial.

Message to the church of Philadelphia:

Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

(Revelation 3:10 KJV)

I believe this HOUR of temptation is NOT speaking of the time of GREAT TRIBULATION.

It is very curious that you would interpret "tribulation for ten days" (2:10) in the letter to Smyrna as THE great tribulation yet object to "the hour of trial, which is about to come on the whole inhabited earth" (3:10) to Philadelphia as not referring to THE great tribulation.

Simply looking at the CONTEXT and observing that the CHURCH is going through tribulation and has thus far KEPT the word of God with patience waiting for the coming of Jesus, this hour of temptation or trial probably refers to something else.

No doubt that portion of the church that passes through the great tribulation will have to learn the word of Christ's endurance. That is granted.

The issue is that the ones exempted out of the hour learned those lessons more voluntarily. It is a matter of graduating late or on time.

The student who was lax to to study and has to go to summer school, will no doubt LEARN what he should have learned before. The student who graduates normally learned in a timely manner at the time he was suppose to.

Here is a possibility:

And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues...
For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,
And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city!
And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.

(Revelation 18:4,17-19 KJV)

When Jesus returns after the tribulation, He comes to resurrect the dead and change and rapture those remaing alive; then he administers the vengeance and wrath of God. However, the believers are not appointed to receive the wrath of God.

Revelation 4:17-19 would show that the church, at least a great part, passes through the great tribulation. The point that seems lost on you is that there was no necessity that they HAD to if the Lord's exhortation to watch and be ready had been heeded.

So some who overcome will escape these things and stand before the Son of Man in heaven, having been raptured.

"But be watchful at every time, beseeching that you would prevail to escape these things which are about to happen and stand before the Son of Man." (Luke 21:36)

Some will have escaped in answer to their watching at every time and beseeching the Lord. The rest will pas through the great tribulation. They too will be forced then to beseech and watch, but in a more remedial situation.

There is no biblical reason to insist that no Christians will heed the command of Luke 21:36 or the promise of Revelation 3:10.

The matter of being on earth during God's wrath I have not spoken to yet.

One more matter. The Lord's word seven times was for the one who has an ear to hear what the Spirit says to the churches. For instance at the end of the letter to Philadelphia -

After 3:10 in verse 13 - "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."

If the promise to be kept out of the hour of world wide trial was not to us the hearers, it makes little sense that the Lord would exhort us to hear. It means something. The meaning seems rather obvious if we do not have strong pre-conceptions.

Unless we are defeatist or pessimistic we should assume at least some faithful saints will be rewarded to be taken out of the hour of world wide trial as the Lord promised.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Sep 14

You don't seem to be talking to me.
What does that have to do with anything I taught ?

Of course if some saints are taken out of the hour of trial [b](Rev ...[text shortened]... ul saints will be rewarded to be taken out of the hour of world wide trial as the Lord promised.
I mentioned the the verse in Revelation 2 to point out that there is a different word for "tribulation" used there than the word you seem to think means "tribulation" in Revelation 3:10.

Let me remind you that revelation 6 begins the tribulation with the appearance of the Antichrist.

You say:
And those in First Thessalonians 4:17 who are "living, who are left remaining" have passed through the great tribulation. But any who were living but who were NOT left remaining were already raptured.

This is simply not true. This 1 Thessalonians 4:17 is were the term "rapture" meaning "caught up to heaven" came from.

Unless you are referring to Jesus and maybe Enoch and Elijah as the firstfruits that were caught up to heaven, there is no mention of any firstfruits that are raptured before Jesus sending his angels to gather His elect, which takes place after the tribulation of those days.

The 144,000 out of the 12 tribes of Israel who are sealed by the angels takes place after the fifth seal of Revelation 6 reveals the martyred believers that have already gone through tribulation. These 144,000 are later identified as firstfuits, but they are no mention of them being raptured. It appears they are given a seal of protection to continue through to the end.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Sep 14
1 edit

I mentioned the the verse in Revelation 2 to point out that there is a different word for "tribulation" used there than the word you seem to think means "tribulation" in Revelation 3:10.

Let me remind you that revelation 6 begins the tribulation with the appearance of the Antichrist.

You say:
[quote] And those in First Thessalonians 4:17 who are "li ...[text shortened]... m being raptured. It appears they are given a seal of protection to continue through to the end.

I am convinced that the meaning of "the hour of trial, which is about to come on the whole inhabited earth, to try them who dwell on the earth" speaks of the time of "Jacob's trouble" which is the last three and one half years of this age before the millennial kingdom of Christ's physical presence upon the earth.

I think this phrase "the hour of trial, which is about to come on the whole inhabited earth, to try them who dwell on the earth" means THE great tribulation.

Where I part with someone like Hal Linsey of "The Late Great Planet Earth" is that the promise that "I also will keep you out of the hour ..." is CONDITIONAL and not automatic JUST because we are Christians.

Most of the pre-tribulation rapture popularizers and the "Left Behind" popularizers give Christians the mistaken impression that this promise is to keep the entire church on the earth out of the GT by a rapture.

The nature of the Lord's promise and frankly prophecy there is a promise of SELECTION according to the meeting of a condition.

I do not believe Revelation 6 is the beginning of the great tribulation. It is a WARNING that it is about to come.

Now the reason many brothers think that this opening of the sixth seal has to be the beginning of the GT is because of the symbolism and what is SAID by the people on earth.

Right here: "And the kings of the earth and the great men and the generals and the rich and the strong and every slave and free man hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains;

And they say to the mountains and to the rocks, Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits upon the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb.

For the great day of Their wrath has come, and who is able to stand."

This is not God's pronouncement. This is THEIR pronouncement.
This is not God officially saying that time has come.
This is THEIR FEELING that the time has come.

For this and other reasons, though the opening of the sixth seal is unquestionably dramatic and cataclysmic, I do not think it is the official start of the great tribulation. However, many people upon the earth will have the feeling "ITS ALL OVER!"

So I would try to convince Bible readers that the opening of the Sixth Seal in chapter 6 records God's WARNING and man's REACTION. The great tribulation proper has not started at this time. But it is soon to follow.

I have to stop here. Further comment perhaps latter.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Sep 14
2 edits

You say:
[quote] And those in First Thessalonians 4:17 who are "li ...[text shortened]... m being raptured. It appears they are given a seal of protection to continue through to the end.
This is simply not true. This 1 Thessalonians 4:17 is were the term "rapture" meaning "caught up to heaven" came from.

The word means a kind of ecstatic joy or happiness.

It is not a word in the Bible. Now the definition itself should tell you something. Not all people would be ecstatic to have the Lord Jesus suddenly catch them up.

If you told a cat he was going to heaven he might ask if there will be any mice up there. It is common sense that a person may not be ecstatic to go where he considers a bore to begin with.

Whether His coming for you will be an ecstatic joy, a RAPTURE depends on more than you being lifted up physically. Don't you think so?

Suppose some Christian brother is found lying in a bed of fornication when suddenly the Lord Jesus comes for him. Do you think such a defeated backslider is going to be in an ecstatic happiness, in "rapture" to be suddenly taken by Christ?

If you do, you have more faith than I do.

Unless you are referring to Jesus and maybe Enoch and Elijah as the firstfruits that were caught up to heaven,

Enoch and Elijah were there in the Old Testament as examples of things we need to learn.

there is no mention of any firstfruits that are raptured before Jesus sending his angels to gather His elect, which takes place after the tribulation of those days.

Revelation 14 simply shows them THERE in heaven. They got there by rapture.

The number 144,000 suggests more than two. And it suggests a minority of the total countless numbers of people who belong to Christ and His Father.

The 144,000 out of the 12 tribes of Israel who are sealed by the angels takes place after the fifth seal of Revelation 6 reveals the martyred believers that have already gone through tribulation. These 144,000 are later identified as firstfuits, but they are no mention of them being raptured. It appears they are given a seal of protection to continue through to the end.

We'll have to talk about this latter. But suffice it for now to say that Enoch certainly should be a lesson in walking with God, being taken by god, and that prior to judgment by God.

Enoch KNEW what was coming. And it is precisely for THAT reason that he both walked with God and sought God's help as to HOW to raise his children.

The fact that he named his son "When he does it will come" - Methuselah suggests that his awareness of coming divine judgment and bringing up a child were closely related.

Further lessons, I am sure, are to be seen in the taking of Elijah and the attitude of the remaining Elisha.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Sep 14
2 edits

TYPO:

I meant to write

The fact that he named his son "When he [DIES] it will come" - Methuselah suggests that his awareness of coming divine judgment and bringing up a child were closely related.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Sep 14

The word means a kind of ecstatic joy or happiness.

It is not a word in the Bible. Now the definition itself should tell you something. Not all people would be ecstatic to have the Lord Jesus suddenly catch them up. ...[text shortened]... , are to be seen in the taking of [b]Elijah
and the attitude of the remaining Elisha.[/b]
I believe the teaching of a pre-tribulation rapture is not in the Holy Bible, but is a doctrine of demons.

http://www.wor.org/Books/w/whatwron.sn1.htm

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Sep 14

Alex Jones Exposes Rapture Theory

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Sep 14
5 edits

So the cause of the great tribulation is clearly the expulsion of Satan and his angels out of a heavenly realm they have been occupying to be limited to the earth's surface.

"Therefore be glad, O heavens and those who dwell in them. Woe to the earth and the sea because the devil has come down to you and has great rage, knowing that he has only a short time." (Revelation 12:12)

This short time of the devil's great rage on earth would not happen EXCEPT the corporate man-child be raptured to God causing the good angels to drive Satan down.

"And she brought forth a son, a man-child, who is to shepherd all the nations with an iron rod; and her child was caught up to God and to His throne. (v.5)

And the woman fled into the wilderness where she has a place there prepared by God so that they might nourish her there a thousand two hundred and sixty days. (v.6)

And there was war in heaven. Michael and his angels went to war with the dragon. And the dragon warred and his angels. And they did not prevail, neither was their place found any longer in heaven. (vs.7,8)

And the great dragon was cast down, the ancient serpent, he who is called the Devil and Satan, he who deceives the whole earth; he was cast to the earth, and hi angels were cast down with him." (v.9)

As we can clearly see the sequence:

1.) The man-child is raptured.

2.) The Universal Bright Woman is persecuted by the dragon and nourished by God for "a thousand two hundred and sixty days."

3.) Satan and angels limitation causes the great "WOE to the earth and the sea" because he has come down in great rage knowing he only has a short time.

The short time of "one thousand two hundred and sixty days" is the second half of the 70th week of Daniel - the great tribulation. The seven years the Antichrist makes a covenant with Israel is broken midway. The second half of the 7 years is the great tribulation.

But the main point is that the CATALYST for that event was exactly the pre- great tribulation rapture of the man-child. If the man-child is not raptured BEFORE all these happenings there will be no casting down of Satan and thus no great tribulation.

The "man-child" is a a "THEY" (vs.10,11) from out of the whole Universal Bright Woman who overcome Satan and his continuous accusation against the saints of God.

It is a remnant and not the entire church. So a remnant of overcoming Christians will be the cause of the events which trigger the great tribulation to commence. Traditional mainstream Christianity misses this important point entirely.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Sep 14
3 edits

Revelation 12:6 and 12 define the time of the great tribulation.

Affirmation and Critique magazine rightly informs:
http://affcrit.com/pdfs/2006/02/06_02_wr.pdf

When Christ returns at the end of this age, He will judge rebellious mankind and clear up the negative situation on the earth. At the same time, Satan will be cast down out of heaven, and in his anger he will persecute God’s people and bring destruction to the earth (Rev. 12:9, 17). This period of time is foretold in the prophecy of the seventy weeks in Daniel 9:24-27. In particular, the last of the seventy weeks signifies the final seven years of this age. At the end of this age, Antichrist will make a firm covenant with the Jews for one week, that is, for seven years. In the middle of the week he will break the covenant, destroy the worship of God, blaspheme God, persecute His people, and destroy the holy city, Jerusalem. This second half of the week is the final three and a half years of this age, which is also known as “a time and times and half a time” ([Dan.]7:25; Rev. 12:14), “a thousand two hundred and sixty days” (v. 6), and “forty-two months” (11:2; 13:5). Concerning this period, the Lord Jesus said, “At that time there will be great tribulation, such as has not occurred from the
beginning of the world until now, nor shall by any means ever occur” (Matt. 24:21).

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Sep 14

So the cause of the great tribulation is clearly the expulsion of Satan and his angels out of a heavenly realm they have been occupying to be limited to the earth's surface.

[b]"Therefore be glad, O heavens and those who dwell in them. Woe to the earth and the sea because the devil has come down to you and has great rage, knowing that he has only a sh ...[text shortened]... bulation to commence. Traditional mainstream Christianity misses this important point entirely.
The woman in labor, the nation of Israel under Roman oppression, gives birth to a male child - Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

2. Satan the Dragon attemps to destroy Jesus by crucifixion. However, the Son is caught up to the throne of God in heaven.

3. The Dragon persecutes the woman, the nation of israel.

4. The Dragon goes off to make war with rest of her offspring, Christians.

The 70th week of Daniel ended in 34 A.D. I would not count on the Antichrist making any covenant with Israel.