1. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Sep '19 13:24
    The following question was put to ToO (who of course was too insecure in his beliefs to answer it) so I will put it out to other posters to answer. (Ironically, there is probably not a single person on this site, other than ToO, who wouldn't freely answer it, and I'm sure all Christians will relish doing so).

'Why is it important to follow the words of Jesus?' - You (ToO) speak at length about why we should, but haven't specified why his words are worth following. Are there other people from history whose words we should be following, other intellectuals or gurus? Or are the words of Jesus unique in this regard, and if so, why?

As an atheist, I don't have Jesus on any kind of a pedestal (no surprise there) but I do recognize the beauty of some of the words attributed to him.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Sep '19 13:28
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    The following question was put to ToO (who of course was too insecure in his beliefs to answer it) so I will put it out to other posters to answer. (Ironically, there is probably not a single person on this site, other than ToO, who wouldn't freely answer it, and I'm sure all Christians will relish doing so).

'Why is it important to follow the words of Jesus?' - Yo ...[text shortened]... a pedestal (no surprise there) but I do recognize the beauty of some of the words attributed to him.
    He is the Word of God made flesh.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Sep '19 13:396 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Relish? Yea, I guess so.

The lyrics of a song some I know Christians enjoy:

Hymn 496 LSM Hymns

"Christ is the one reality of all -
    Of Godhead and of man and all things else;
    No man without Him ever findeth God;
    Without Him man and everything is false.

All types and figures of the ancient time,
    All things we ever need, both great and small,
    Only are shadows of the Christ of God,
    Showing that He must be our all in all.

All things are vanity of vanities;
    Christ, the reality all things to fill
    Though everything we may enjoy and own,
    If we're devoid of Christ we're empty still.

Christ is our real God, our real Lord,
    Christ is our real life, our real light;
    Christ our real food, our real drink.
    Our real clothing, and our real might.

Christ also is the one reality
    Of all our doctrine and theology,
    And all our scriptural knowledge without Him
    Is just in letter and is vanity.

Christ, the reality of time and space,
    Christ, the reality of every stage;
    Christ is the one reality of all
    Through all eternity from age to age."

[Hymns, Living Stream Ministry, Anaheim California ]
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Sep '19 13:481 edit
    See Rajk999? This is why God has taught us in these days to CALL on the Lord to touch Him - the reality.

5. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Sep '19 13:53
    @sonship

Sorry, 'your' question is waiting for you in 'The god who burns people alive for eternity' thread.

Please don't respond to my other posts if you (like ToO) can't even answer a basic question about your own scripture.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Sep '19 13:541 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said

'Why is it important to follow the words of Jesus?' - Yo ...[text shortened]... a pedestal (no surprise there) but I do recognize the beauty of some of the words attributed to him.
    The value of Jesus is nicely expressed here by Peter - ... Lord, .. thou hast the words of eternal life. (John 6:68 KJV).
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Sep '19 13:571 edit
    @sonship said
    See Rajk999? This is why God has taught us in these days to CALL on the Lord to touch Him - the reality.

I do not get my doctrine from Christian hymns ... So Whatever.

What does the phrase ... in the presence of .. mean. Why did not run from the thread instead of answering the question posted. You are a mouse. Start being a man and post the truth.
  8. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Sep '19 13:59
    @rajk999 said
    The value of Jesus is nicely expressed here by Peter - ... Lord, .. thou hast the words of eternal life. (John 6:68 KJV).
    Does he have 'sole' access to those words?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Sep '19 14:001 edit
    @Rajk999

I do not get my doctrine from Christian hymns ... So Whatever.

Maybe you don't sing either?

What does the phrase ... in the presence of .. mean. Why did not run from the thread instead of answering the question posted. You are a mouse. Start being a man and post the truth.

If you need the essence of the song from bible straight, go read the book of Colossians.

And maybe you need to get with believers in Jesus and SING rejoicing a little more. That is when you are sure that you have received Him yourself.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Sep '19 14:02
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Does he have 'sole' access to those words?
    Sole.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Sep '19 14:03
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    @sonship

Sorry, 'your' question is waiting for you in 'The god who burns people alive for eternity' thread.

Please don't respond to my other posts if you (like ToO) can't even answer a basic question about your own scripture.
    Ask him if he agrees with his cult church’s website statement which claims that believing in the doctrine of the trinity is necessary for survival.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Sep '19 14:051 edit
    @sonship said
    If you need the essence of the song from bible st sus and SING rejoicing a little more. That is when you are sure that you have received Him yourself.
    You mean sing along with followers of Satan in a church full of people like you, Secondson and Jellyjay? No thanks.

And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty. (2 Corinthians 6:15-18 KJV)
  13. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Sep '19 14:05
    @rajk999 said
    Sole.
    So followers of other religions are lacking the words required for eternal life?
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Sep '19 14:07
    @ghost-of-a-duke said

Why is God in the flesh speaking to us so important?

Beats me.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Sep '19 14:08
    Run from the thread ?
    I ran to the thread.

The value of Jesus - straight from the Bible ?

"For in Him [Christ] dwells all the fulness of the Godhead bodily,

And you have been made full in Him, who is the head of all rule and authority." (Col. 2:9,10)

That's like what the hymn says, isn't it Rajk999 ?

Oh it goes on in Colossians -

"Let no one therefore judge you in eating and in drinking or in respect of a feast or of a new moon or of the Sabbath.

Which are a SHADOW of the things to come, but the body is of Christ." (vs. 16,17)

Back to the hymn?

All types and figures of the ancient time,
    All things we ever need, both great and small,
    Only are shadows of the Christ of God,
    Showing that He must be our all in all.

All things are vanity of vanities;
    Christ, the reality all things to fill
    Though everything we may enjoy and own,
    If we're devoid of Christ we're empty still.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree