1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Sep '16 16:43
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    You continue to make an a$$ of yourself. Have you no shame?
    Actually the only one here who appears to have shame is you. You make statements to
    me and others and refuse to defend them. Instead you resort to name calling instead of
    staying on point, or tell the other person to figure it out for themselves...which I take to
    mean is you cannot explain it so you want them to.

When confronted with questions concerning your pet beliefs in how they do not stand up
    to scripture rightly divided, or they cannot even stand up to working out as you explain
    them you reduce yourself to name calling and running off hoping the topic does not come
    up again.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Sep '16 16:47
    You are correct.

Paul speaks of two classes of Christians:
    1. Those who get eternal life - who do good works
    2. Those who dont. - who defile themselves
    However within group 1 there can be several sub groups, with several kinds of rewards.

Jesus speaks of two classes of followers:
    1. Those who get eternal life - who do good works
    2. Those who dont ...[text shortened]... ist
    2. Those who dont. - who do not obey the commandments of Christ

The Bible is consistent.
    You said all were forgiven so why would there be different classes of people?
    You said all were forgiven so why would there be different classes of followers?
    You said all were forgiven so why would there be different classes of Christians?
    we agree the Bible is consistent, we do not agree you are.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Sep '16 17:151 edit
    Changing the Bible again to suit Mr Witness Lee?

Now you should know better than that by now. if you mention as free advertizing Brother Witness Lee, I am liable to just paste something from his ministry.

So here is goes. Did you know the New Testament says that the believers become the righteousness of God in Christ ?

Think of that, The Christians become "the rigtheousness of God in Him";

Witness Lee shares this:

C. The Believers Made the Righteousness
    of God in Christ

Second Corinthians 5:21 says that the believers are made the righteousness of God in Christ. Paul does not say that the believers are made righteous; he says that they are made righteousness. We have been made the righteousness of God in Christ. This is a deep matter. How can we become the righteousness of God? By having Christ wrought into us. We have seen that Christ is the embodiment of God, and that God, as a living Person, is righteousness. Therefore, righteousness, God, and Christ are one. The righteousness of God is God Himself. Since this God is embodied in Christ, Christ is the righteousness of God. Christ has been wrought into us, and we have been put into Christ. We have been mingled together with Christ as one. Thus, we become the righteousness of God. Paul declares, “For to me to live is Christ” (Phil. 1:21). As Christ has been wrought into us, we can say with Paul, “For to me to live is Christ.” Suppose we have a glass of water. Once tea has been blended with it, it no longer is plain water; it is tea. Likewise, once Christ has been wrought into us, we become one with Him.

The righteousness of God is not only God Himself in His justice and rightness, and it is not only the living Person of Christ; it is also we who have been made one with Christ. The living Person of Christ as God’s righteousness has been wrought into us, and we have been put into Him. Therefore, we have been made the righteousness of God. We must proclaim, “I am the righteousness of God. I have been justified. God is righteousness, and I am too. I am the righteousness of God in Christ. I am what God is. I’m fully justified. God and I have been identified. I approve God, and He approves me. We mutually approve each other.” This is justification by faith.

Some may think we should not say that we approve God. Nevertheless, we all must approve Him. God likes to be judged and approved by us (Rom. 3:4). Thus, we can say to God, “You approve us, and we approve You.”

From The Life Study of Romans, Witness Lee, LSM, Message Five
    http://www.ministrybooks.org/books.cfm?cid=3D
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Sep '16 19:24
    Originally posted by sonship
    Changing the Bible again to suit Mr Witness Lee?

Now you should know better than that by now. if you mention as free advertizing Brother Witness Lee, I am liable to just paste something from his ministry.

So here is goes. Did you know the New Testament says that the believers become the righteousness of God in Christ ?

Think of ...[text shortened]... udy of Romans
    , Witness Lee, LSM, Message Five
    http://www.ministrybooks.org/books.cfm?cid=3D[/b]
    How do we become the righteousness of God?

Neither you nor Witness Lee has answered the question saftifactorily, because you are both misled by false teaching.

Paul however answers the question. Read on from 2 Cor 5:21 . and the answer is there.

It is not sitting on your laurels, proclaiming your faith, and God will make you righteous.
  5. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    14 Sep '16 22:081 edit
    I guess you concede
    - that the Ten Commandments are no longer applicable, and
    - that Paul could not possibly have called Gentile Christians a people "with no law"..
    No and no, but like I said, I'm not taking part in this discussion with you any more because of your resort to insult.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Sep '16 22:16
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    No and no, but like I said, I'm not taking part in this discussion with you any more because of your resort to insult.
    ROFL, should I quote your insults to others?
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Sep '16 22:17
    How do we become the righteousness of God?

Neither you nor Witness Lee has answered the question saftifactorily, because you are both misled by false teaching.

Paul however answers the question. Read on from 2 Cor 5:21 . and the answer is there.

It is not sitting on your laurels, proclaiming your faith, and God will make you righteous.
    Wow someone besides you does not answer questions on statements they made!
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Sep '16 22:524 edits
    [b]How do we become the righteousness of God?

First of all nothing about Justification is standing upon one's laurels. It is upon Jesus Christ we stand. It is upon His merit we stand to be justified before God.

This is true both objectively and subjectively. Christ as the Righteous One is set forth as a propitiation PLACE as you yourself pointed out in Romans 3:25. To begin with if the sinner STANDS IN THE PLACE - he or she is justified because of the laurels of the Son of God. Rather it is the Son of God HIMSELF as our merit.

"Whom God set forth as a propitiation place through faith in His blood."

The King James propitiation is not a good translation. In this verse it is not the verbal for of propitiate. It is the noun form "propitiation place" or "place of propitiation".
    Sometimes KJV used the term "mercy seat" elsewhere for this word.

Witness Lee again (since you give opportunity in free mention of him again) (my bolding)

Propitiation is mentioned at least five times in the New Testament. In 1 John 2:2 and 4:10 we are told that Christ, the Son of God, is Himself the propitiation for our sins. In both places the word propitiation actually means a sacrifice and should be rendered “propitiatory sacrifice.” The Greek word in these verses is hilasmos, which means “that which propitiates,” that is, a propitiatory sacrifice. In 1 John 2:2 and 4:10 the Lord Jesus is the propitiatory sacrifice for our sins. Another Greek word regarding propitiation, hilasterion, is found in Hebrews 9:5 and Romans 3:25. Hilasterion means the place where propitiation was made. The proper reference books indicate that the word [b] hilasterion in these two verses means the place of propitiation, and the King James Version renders it as “mercy seat.” In the Septuagint, the Greek translation of the Old Testament, hilasterion is the word for the term “mercy seat” in Exodus 25 and Leviticus 16. Thus, hilasterion is the place of propitiation.

The PLACE to stand is a JUSTIFYING PLACE in Romans 3:25. And you should notice that Paul says justification is by "faith IN HIS BLOOD".

Did you get that?

" Whom God set forth a propitiation place [HILASTERION] through faith in His blood."

Then in addition to the objective side there is the matter of God working the living Christ as Righteousness into those who receive Him. Christ is to be wrought into the very personality of those who receive Him.

This two sides of God's full salvation is seen together very nicely in the fifth chapter where it says (as I have pointed out MANY times)

"For if we being enemies, were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more we will be saved in His life, having been reconciled." (Romans 5:10)

to be God's enemy is not good. Fortunately He loved us and through Christ's death ("faith in His blood") of atonement the sinner is first reconciled to God. But there is something "much more" to experience. After being justified so that reconcilation has taken place we are to be "much more" saved in the whole realm of His life, His indwelling and available life.

As to the past the believer - "having BEEN reconciled".
    As to the present until His return "much more saved in His life".
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Sep '16 22:56
    Rajk999,

In order to wrought Christ into man Christ became a "life giving Spirit"

"the last Adam became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45)

So that those RECONCILED from being enemies of God could "much more" be saved in the sphere and realm of His indwelling life as "life giving Spirit".

You then draw my attention to a marvelous verse, which however in NO WAY corrects anything that I have written, either me or Witness Lee. On the contrary it AFFIRMS it.

" Him who did not know sin He made sin on our behalf that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." (2 Cor. 5:21)

Very good! Of course this AFFIRMS much of what I wrote and what I learned from Brother Lee.

I do believe that the more you casually cast contempt on brother Witness Lee, and I quote him, I think the more the reasonable Christian will see how much Lee knows what he is talking about and how much less you know about what you're talking about to try to hold a candle to him.

Now in the very same Second Corinthian letter we see how the Spirit of Christ (the life giving Spirit that He became ) is being wrought into the believers to gradually transform them from one expression of His glorious righteousness to another, to another, to another, degree by degree into the SAME IMAGE.

" And the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom.

But we all with unveiled face, beholding and reflecting like a mirror the glory of the Lord are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory even as from the Lord Spirit." ( 2 Cor. 3:17,18)

Standing on Christ as Righteousness we are justified.
    Now we the Christians are "in Christ" that God may work this living One into us transforming us from glory to glory as Christ is wrought into them. We are saved in His life.

And since Christ is God and man and is Righteousness, Christ being worked into reconciled sinners makes them the Righteousness of God in Him.
  10. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    14 Sep '16 23:20
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    ROFL, should I quote your insults to others?
    Yes, quote some of my insults in reply to this post. You'll have a tough time finding any as it is rare that I do it.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Sep '16 23:27
    As if you can ever win an argument that Christians have no law .. bull !!
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Sep '16 23:592 edits
    Originally posted by sonship
    Rajk999,

In order to wrought Christ into man Christ became a [b]"life giving Spirit"

"the last Adam became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45)

So that those RECONCILED from being enemies of God could "much more" be saved in the sphere and realm of His indwelling life as "life giving Spirit".

You then ...[text shortened]... ousness, Christ being worked into reconciled sinners makes them the Righteousness of God in Him.[/b]
    I could just hear Jesus telling you ..

"Sonship ... what did you get that stupid doctrine
    ".. because Im righteous, therefore that makes YOU righteous ... what nonsense!
    I said this in Matt 25, tell me what about this dont you understand:
    Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father,
    inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For
    I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat:
    I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink:
    I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
    Naked, and ye clothed me:
    I was sick, and ye visited me:
    I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
    (Matthew 25:34-36 KJV)
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Sep '16 04:35
    Yes, quote some of my insults in reply to this post. You'll have a tough time finding any as it is rare that I do it.
    I don't feel the need to limit my search to this thread of your insults! Some of your insults are note worthy, not as good as some. You do have a colorful tongue, and you do go there a lot, rare is a word I'd not use.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Sep '16 04:38
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I don't feel the need to limit my search to this thread of your insults! Some of your insults are note worthy, not as good as some. You do have a colorful tongue, and you do go there a lot, rare is a word I'd not use.
    😕 + 😲
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Sep '16 14:05
    I could just hear Jesus telling you ..

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father,
    inherit the kingdom p ...[text shortened]... as sick, and ye visited me:
    You're still ignorant.

inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For
    I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat:
    I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink:
    I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
    Naked, and ye clothed me:
    I was sick, and ye visited me:

The case of judgment in Matthew 25:34-36 is a particular situation. It is the returning Christ judging the nations left alive from passing through the great tribulation.

These people who remain living at the time of Christ's return, do not know Christ.
    All they knew were the persecuted people of God through the terrible reign of the Antichrist. They knew also that calamities upon creation had turned the world upside down. See Revelation 14:6-7.

These "sheep" among nations and "goats" among nations are judged by Christ in relation to how ill or well they treated those destitute, sick, homeless, starving, sick, harassed, imprisoned saints of God during the great tribulation and the reign of the Antichrist.

There are not TWO classes in the judgement there. There are THREE groups.

1.) The sheep who will be transferred into the millennial kingdom.

2.) The goats who will joined Antichrist in the place of punishment prepared for the devil and his angels.

3.) These, the least of my brothers - the Christians and Jews who were suffering in the great tribulation.

Groups #1 and #2 will be judged in accordance to how they treated group #3.

Those who are the sheep are not born again. But they do get transferred into that millennial kingdom where the earth will be restored to the Edenic situation that Adam enjoyed before he sinned.

This is the kingdom prepared for the created man "from the foundation of the world"(Matt. 25:34) . From the very beginning God prepared this situation for the created man. And these sheep, though like Adam who was innocent, neutral and not born again, was assigned to enjoy, are restored to be like Adam was before the curse.

Now I will give you one important point as a kind of concession.

In THIS passage, those who enter into eternal life do not do so because of the Gospel of the grace of the New Testament church age. They enter because of the preaching of a gospel from the air by an angel during the darkest time of the great triublation.

Proof:

" And I saw another angel flying in mid-heaven, having an eternal gospel to announce to those dwelling on the earth, even to every nation and tribe and tongue and people,

Saying with a loud voice, Fear God and give him glory because the hour of His judgment has come, and worship Him who has made heaven and earth and teh sea and the springs of water." (Rev. 14:6-7)
    [/quote]

This is the backround against which the sheep and goats are examined in Matt. 25

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree