1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Sep '16 07:472 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    When you face "the righteous judgment of Jesus Christ", what will be judged exactly? Your belief/faith? Or will you be judged on the sincerity and success of your efforts to live your life with as little sin as you possibly can and to try to do what Jesus told you to do?
    I do accept the biblical teaching of judgment and judgment based on faith/obedience based works. The outcome of a judgment can be many thngs, however biblical scripture is very clear; after Paul's self examination in Romans 7 where he describes himself as a "wretched man" because he finds it IMPOSSIBLE to fulfil the law through works because of sin, he cries out to God "who will deliver me?" And the response is to thank God for his deliverer is Jesus. This is the gospel. Subsequently Romans 8 begins such; "8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." No condemnation refers to, at judgement. So yes, everyone will be judged but those who are in Christ will not be condemned. There is still the demand of the law, there is still the expectation of obedience, but there is no condemnation at judgment.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Sep '16 10:13
    Originally posted by FMF
    When you face "the righteous judgment of Jesus Christ", what will be judged exactly? Your belief/faith? Or will you be judged on the sincerity and success of your efforts to live your life with as little sin as you possibly can and to try to do what Jesus told you to do?
    I don't see what this has to do with the OP.

You're already on record as attacking Christians, using Rajk's own brush that he uses to attack Christians, making yourself out to be an 'opportunist' who does not ascribe to what Rajk is saying, but instead uses it as a launchpad for your own attacks on Christians.

So cut to the chase, or leave us alone. I see no reason why someone with zero faith has to get involved in a discussion of faith.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Sep '16 10:15
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I don't see what this has to do with the OP.

You're already on record as attacking Christians, using Rajk's own brush that he uses to attack Christians, making yourself out to be an 'opportunist' who does not ascribe to what Rajk is saying, but instead uses it as a launchpad for your own attacks on Christians.

So cut to the chase, or leave us alone. I see no reason why someone with zero faith has to get involved in a discussion of faith.
    You have dodged my question.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Sep '16 10:17
    Originally posted by FMF
    You have dodged my question.
    Your question was not asked out of actually wanting to know. It was meant as yet another attack, exactly as I described in my reply. It was hardly a "dodge".

So get your attack over with, or back out of this conversation of faith the way you came in.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Sep '16 10:191 edit
    Your question was not asked out of actually wanting to know. It was meant as yet another attack, exactly as I described in my reply. It was hardly a "dodge".

So get your attack over with, or back out of this conversation of faith the way you came in.
    Oh well. This is a public arena. Your behaviour is part of the discourse.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Sep '16 10:201 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    NO. I am subject to sin. I do not claim to be saved eternally.
    I await the righteous judgment of Jesus Christ.

Many Christian do not do that. Instead they claim to be saved and to have eternal life already.

Do you care to comment on the passages in the opening post.
    Again, before this thread is buried under another avalanche of FMF's attack on Christians.

You could answer the original question posed to you by leunammi, without dodging it, as you did the first time: "Do you live without committing sin?"
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Sep '16 10:22
    Originally posted by divegeester
    There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." No condemnation refers to, at judgement. So yes, everyone will be judged but those who are in Christ will not be condemned. There is still the demand of the law, there is still the expectation of obedience, but there is no condemnation at judgment.
    So if "there is no condemnation at judgment", what do you believe are the possible consequences of that judgment?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Sep '16 10:24
    You could answer the original question posed to you by leunammi, without dodging it, as you did the first time: "Do you live without committing sin?"
    Where did leunammi ask me this on this thread?
  9. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    10 Sep '16 10:391 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Where did leunammi ask me this on this thread?
    I didn't, the question was posed to Rajk999 and she was responding to him. Rough night?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Sep '16 10:42
    Originally posted by leunammi
    She didn't, the question was posed to Rajk999. Rough night?
    No. Typing too quickly. 😛

Incidentally, in so far as I understand Christian beliefs, I think my question at the bottom of page 1 is fully intertwined with this topic.
  11. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    10 Sep '16 10:44
    Originally posted by FMF
    No. Typing too quickly. 😛

Incidentally, in so far as I understand Christian beliefs, I think my question at the bottom of page 1 is fully intertwined with this topic.
    I hear ya, between fat fingers and little screen... I don't know which is worse.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Sep '16 11:25
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    So why claim they are non-Christians?
    Did I claim that they are non Christians?
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Sep '16 11:25
    Originally posted by divegeester
    No, the scriptures are as you state them. I'd just like you to help me understand how you have managed to live without committing sin?
    Where did I say that I live without committing sin?
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Sep '16 11:33
    Originally posted by leunammi
    I didn't, the question was posed to Rajk999 and she was responding to him. Rough night?
    By the way I answered your question. Do you have a response to my post?
  15. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 Sep '16 13:21
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Where did I say that I live without committing sin?
    You didn't. You said 'NO. I am subject to sin.'

(Am supporting you due to my capricious nature).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree