1. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    10 Sep '16 19:081 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Do you have a reference that says that Jesus died for all sins?
    If you do then please provide it ... thank you.
    If both an atheist and a Christian can get into Heaven, and faith is not required it essentially means your Christian faith is meaningless. Yet I don't expect you to see that.
  2. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    10 Sep '16 19:10
    I dont ask personal questions neither do I answer them.
    They have no bearing on a Bible discussion.

I never ask anyone why they are an atheist or why they are Christian.

The fact that you and many Christians cannot carry on a discussion of Bible topics without asking personal questions says to me that you are lacking in basic social etiquette and you are failure at defending what doctrines you believe.
    Ok so the Bible and Christianity are not personal matters to you? It all makes sense now.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Sep '16 19:46
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    If both an atheist and a Christian can get into Heaven, and faith is not required it essentially means your Christian faith is meaningless. Yet I don't expect you to see that.
    You and other Christians like yourself are much like the Jews in the time of Paul. They could not bear that Gentiles were also going to be able to get into the Kingdom of God. Your statement is the result of petty jealousy, sheer arrogance and complete ignorance of the meaning of Romans 2 14-16.

According to Paul, the Jews have an advantage over the Gentiles in that the oracles of God were first given to them. They could have and should have lived righteously and pleased God but much like the Christians of today they are selfserving and arrogant... hence God sought to find a nation for His name and He will find it among the Gentiles.

For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God. (Romans 2:28-29 KJV)

Christians now have an advantage over nonChristians because the commandments of Christ are given to them. But we see daily here on this forum Christians are promoting doctrines which encourage sin, unrighteousness and preach that the commandments of Christ are legalistic and unnecessary.

God has no interest in the labels of man, neither does He care what man says he believes. God is interested in those whose heart is with Him and who lives according to His precepts and commandments.
  4. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    10 Sep '16 22:49
    Do you have a reference that says that Jesus died for all sins?
    If you do then please provide it ... thank you.
    John 29-32
    New King James

The Lamb of God

29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world! 30 This is He of whom I said, ‘After me comes a Man who is preferred before me, for He was before me.’ 31 I did not know Him; but that He should be revealed to Israel, therefore I came baptizing with water.”

32 And John bore witness, saying, “I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and He remained upon Him. 33 I did not know Him, but He who sent me to baptize with water said to me, ‘Upon whom you see the Spirit descending, and remaining on Him, this is He who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.’ 34 And I have seen and testified that this is the Son of God.”
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Sep '16 23:05
    Originally posted by leunammi
    John 29-32
    New King James

[b]The Lamb of God

29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world! 30 This is He of whom I said, ‘After me comes a Man who is preferred before me, for He was before me.’ 31 I did not know Him; but that He should be revealed to ...[text shortened]... o baptizes with the Holy Spirit.’ 34 And I have seen and testified that this is the Son of God.”[/b]
    Did you read the question?

In another thread KJ said that Jesus died for ALL sins.

ALL .. is there such a statement in the Bible?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Sep '16 23:12
    Originally posted by FMF
    So if "there is no condemnation at judgment", what do you believe are the possible consequences of that judgment?
    I'm not entirely sure, but as I understand it, I think there may reward rather than punishment, depending on faith based works.
  7. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    10 Sep '16 23:24
    Did you read the question?

In another thread KJ said that Jesus died for ALL sins.

ALL .. is there such a statement in the Bible?
    Jesus died for the sins of the world (I would think that means all) , there is only one sin which I would surmise that is unforgivable, that being the sin against the Holy Spirit.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Sep '16 23:37
    Jesus died for the sins of the world (I would think that means all) , there is only one sin which I would surmise that is unforgivable, that being the sin against the Holy Spirit.
    Well thanks for your comment but Im not interested in what you think, any more than you might be interested in what I think.

What the Bible says is the important thing. Here it is:

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; (Romans 3:23-25 KJV)

JESUS DIED FOR REMISSION OF SINS THAT ARE PAST.
    That means two things:
    1. the sin of Adam inherited by all of mankind
    2. Your own committed sins prior to accepting Christ as your Lord and Saviour.
    Hence the word PAST.

Here it is further clarified:

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

And again:

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. (Hebrews 6:4-6 KJV)

Jesus did not die so that mankind can continue in sin. This is made very clear by all of the Apostles.
  9. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    10 Sep '16 23:50
    Well thanks for your comment but Im not interested in what you think, any more than you might be interested in what I think.

What the Bible says is the important thing. Here it is:

[i]For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to b ...[text shortened]... id not die so that mankind can continue in sin. This is made very clear by all of the Apostles.
    What hope do you (do we) have then if that is the case, your comment in an earlier post...

However I did answer .. Yes I sin. How does that add value to the topic, or how does my answer blow my argument to pieces ???

You stated you sin, is it on purpose or by accident, please help me understand the difference, does the scripture you provide apply to you or just others? Please clarify.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Sep '16 23:52
    What hope do you (do we) have then if that is the case, your comment in an earlier post...

However I did answer .. Yes I sin. How does that add value to the topic, or how does my answer blow my argument to pieces ???

You stated you sin, is it on purpose or by accident, please help me understand the difference, does the scripture you provide apply to you or just others? Please clarify.
    This is the end of our conversation if you need to ask me personal questions. I made an exception earlier just to demonstrate that the answer has no bearing on the topic.

If you wish to proceed without getting personal let me know.

Notice how I can converse without asking you anything about yourself.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Sep '16 23:551 edit
    leunammi and Suzianne (and, for all intents and purposes, KellyJay and sonship too) have dodged this question. divegeester has answered it and Rajk999's answer is known. Fetchmyjunk, what about you? Here it is...

When you face "the righteous judgment of Jesus Christ", what will be judged exactly? Your belief/faith? Or will you be judged on the sincerity and success of your efforts to live your life with as little sin as you possibly can and to try to do what Jesus told you to do?
  12. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    11 Sep '16 00:08
    This is the end of our conversation if you need to ask me personal questions. I made an exception earlier just to demonstrate that the answer has no bearing on the topic.

I don't mean to be disrespectful if it comes across that way, I don't... I just want to understand, nothing more.

You make statements about Christians in this forum and what is going to happen to them (in your opinion), or what their condition is and at your own admission you say you do the same thing, being sin... as we all do.

How are you any different than those you point your finger at, if you do the same thing? Do you see my point? Is there understanding to be had here, can you help me see the difference?
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Sep '16 00:15
    I don't mean to be disrespectful if it comes across that way, I don't... I just want to understand, nothing more.

You make statements about Christians in this forum and what is going to happen to them (in your opinion), or what their condition is and at your own admission you say you do the same thing, being sin... as we all do.

How are you any diffe ...[text shortened]... Do you see my point? Is there understanding to be had here, can you help me see the difference?
    My opening post is about doctrine and beliefs. That is all I ever speak of. I never accuse anyone of sin. In order to derail the thread people ask me about my sin. That is irrelevant as is anyones elses sin for that matter.

If you want to discuss the topic then personalities are not to be part of it.

Now I quoted to you a passage in the Bible about past sins. Are you able to proceed without asking me about myself. If yes then comment on the post I made.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Sep '16 01:17

Don't you see how this underlines your hypocrisy?

And no, you do not ask, so you provide yourself a shortcut. You assume.

Which is more disrespectful?
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Sep '16 01:18
    Originally posted by FMF
    leunammi and Suzianne (and, for all intents and purposes, KellyJay and sonship too) have dodged this question. divegeester has answered it and Rajk999's answer is known. Fetchmyjunk, what about you? Here it is...

When you face "the righteous judgment of Jesus Christ", what will be judged exactly? Your belief/faith? Or will you be judged on the sincerity and s ...[text shortened]... ive your life with as little sin as you possibly can and to try to do what Jesus told you to do?
    So what is now driving your interrogation? Even more "swings" against Christianity? Spare me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree