1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    14 Jun '18 02:491 edit
    John 14
    6Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

What all do you believe Jesus was trying to convey in the above verse? Please be as specific and detailed as possible.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Jun '18 03:111 edit
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    John 14
    6Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

What all do you believe Jesus was trying to convey in the above verse? Please be as specific and detailed as possible.
    No one comes to the Lord without following my example and honouring my guidelines for living virtuosly and for cleaning of ones mind to understand the meaning of life

Thats just off the top of my head
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jun '18 03:36
    John 14

Jesus is the mediator between God and man.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Jun '18 04:23
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Jesus is the mediator between God and man.
    I believe intercessor is the word.
  5. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    14 Jun '18 04:26
    John 14

Jesus is Jacob's Ladder.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jun '18 04:49
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    “Question: "What does it mean that Jesus is our mediator?"

Answer: A mediator is one who mediates, that is, one who acts as an intermediary to work with opposing sides in order to bring about a settlement. A mediator attempts to influence a disagreement between two parties with the goal of resolving a dispute. There is only one Mediator between mankind and God, and that is Jesus Christ. In this article, we’ll see why God has a dispute with us, why Jesus is our mediator, and why we are doomed if we try to represent ourselves alone before God.

God has a dispute with us because of sin. Sin is described in the Bible as transgression of the law of God (1 John 3:4) and rebellion against God (Deuteronomy 9:7; Joshua 1:18). God hates sin, and sin stands between all of us and Him. “There is no one righteous, not even one” (Romans 3:10). All human beings are sinners by virtue of sin we have inherited from Adam, as well as the sin we commit on a daily basis. The only just penalty for this sin is death (Romans 6:23), not only physical death but eternal death (Revelation 20:11–15). The rightful punishment for sin is an eternity in hell.

Nothing we could do on our own would be sufficient to mediate between ourselves and God. No amount of good works or law-keeping makes us righteous enough to stand before a holy God (Isaiah 64:6; Romans 3:20; Galatians 2:16). Without a mediator, we are destined to spend eternity in hell, for by ourselves salvation from our sin is impossible. Yet there is hope! “For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus” (1 Timothy 2:5). Jesus represents those who have placed their trust in Him before God’s throne of grace. He mediates for us, much as a defense attorney mediates for his client, telling the judge, “Your honor, my client is innocent of all charges against him.” That is true for us also. Some day we will face God, but we will do so as totally forgiven sinners because of Jesus’ death on our behalf. The “Defense Attorney” took the penalty for us!

We see more proof of this comforting truth in Hebrews 9:15: “For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that He has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.” It is because of the great Mediator that we are able to stand before God clothed in the righteousness of Christ Himself. On the cross Jesus exchanged our sin for His righteousness (2 Corinthians 5:21). His mediation is the only means of salvation.”

https://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-mediator.html
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jun '18 04:51
    “For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;”

(1 Timothy 2:5)
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jun '18 04:51
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    Jesus is Jacob's Ladder.
    Great movie.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jun '18 08:32
    Did you see the movie “Jacob’s Ladder,” Suzy Q?
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Jun '18 09:581 edit
    John 14

Jesus is the way to the Kingdom of God.
    Jesus is the truth about entry into the Kingdom of God
    Jesus is life eternal.

Nobody comes to God but through Jesus Christ.
    How does one go through Jesus Christ.to Get to the Father
    Not by words, not by professions of faith
    By following of the commandments of Christ

He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them,
    he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father,
    and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. (John 14:21 KJV)

Keep the commandments and you will have Gods love and Gods presence.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Jun '18 10:02
    John 14

I believe he was saying that he is the “narrow way” to eternal life (through the straight gate which is also him), that he is the truth of the creator represented in the flesh on earth and that he is eternal life through his own eternal spirit.

Which parts of my interpretation specifically, and if any, do you disagree with and importantly, why?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Jun '18 10:05
    Jesus IS the word of God.

Are you saying that the Bible itself is the intercessor?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jun '18 10:061 edit
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    I believe he was saying that he is the “narrow way” to eternal life (through the straight gate which is also him), that he is the truth of the creator represented in the flesh on earth and that he is eternal life through his own eternal spirit.

Which parts of my interpretation specifically, and if any, do you disagree with and importantly, why?
    Have you changed your beliefs in the last couple of months? Because I think before you stated hell did not exist, Jesus died for the sins of everyone so it doesn’t matter if they believe in Him and everyone goes to heaven.

Wasn’t that your position a couple of months ago, and, if so, do you still adhere to it?

Here’s a post from you a couple of months ago:

“That’s a nice sound bite but the fact of the matter is this; “Christ dies once and for all” Peter , Hebrews, Romans and other places.

Once AND for ALL.

Repentance is not required for forgiveness, the shedding of blood is.
    “Without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins”

Repentance is for walking with God and experiencing the taste of eternal life in this life.

The shooter’s sins have been covered by Christ.

There is NO hell.”
  14. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    14 Jun '18 14:22
    Have you changed your beliefs in the last couple of months? Because I think before you stated hell did not exist, Jesus died for the sins of everyone so it doesn’t matter if they believe in Him and everyone goes to heaven.

Wasn’t that your position a couple of months ago, and, if so, do you still adhere to it?

Here’s a post from you a couple of mon ...[text shortened]... al life in this life.

The shooter’s sins have been covered by Christ.

There is NO hell.”
    “Without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins”

Heb 9:22 fyi

I had a close relative who circled this in red and then killed herself. Wrists for the blood, the lake to be tidy.
  15. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    14 Jun '18 14:24
    Did you see the movie “Jacob’s Ladder,” Suzy Q?
    I ain't never seen it

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree