1. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Apr '19 10:35
    @wolfgang59 said
    Ten percent of your salary.
    Or $144,000

(Whichever is greater)
    20 million pounds seems a little steep. Do I at least get a complimentary pen?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Apr '19 10:391 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    "He (Jesus) shines as the bright Morning Star." (Witness Lee).
    "I (Jesus) am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star.” (Rev)
    “How you (Satan) have fallen from heaven, O morning star." (Isaiah).

Curious indeed. I wonder if the attributing of 'morning star' to Satan was an allegorical attempt to show how far he had fallen away from God. (Though of course, Isaiah was written many centuries before Revelation).
    I’ve read it argued (unconvincingly to me) that Jesus and Lucifer are theologically the same being, or that they were both angels, brothers or sorts and that the whole Cain and Abel, Isaac and Ishmael, Jesus and Mohamed are a reflections of a spiritual dynastic war...and other interesting interpretations.

Edit: in the wilderness account the serpent was held up on a stick like a crucifix and this is refered to elsewhere as being a typification of Christ.
  3. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Apr '19 14:10
    @divegeester said
    I’ve read it argued (unconvincingly to me) that Jesus and Lucifer are theologically the same being, or that they were both angels, brothers or sorts and that the whole Cain and Abel, Isaac and Ishmael, Jesus and Mohamed are a reflections of a spiritual dynastic war...and other interesting interpretations.

Edit: in the wilderness account the serpent was held up on a stick like a crucifix and this is refered to elsewhere as being a typification of Christ.
    Sounds like the making of a dreadful movie.

Is it just me or does this quote by Witness Lee (in its entirety) sound like something a drunk might say after a night out on the town, having been asked who Jesus is?

'"The sun signifies Christ...the moon can be considered a figure of the church, the wife of Christ...the stars first signify Christ…although Christ is the real sun, He does not appear as the sun during the present age of night. Rather, He shines as the bright Morning Star."
  4. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Apr '19 15:00
    Witness Lee himself described his unique wisdom and insights as:

"High peak truths."

(http://www.ministrybooks.org/high-peak.cfm)
  5. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Apr '19 17:26
    Tuesday wisdom by Witness Lee:

'When Christ was incarnated and born in the manger in Bethlehem, He put humanity on Himself. This humanity included us and all of creation as well. Hence, even before we were born, Christ put us on Himself. As Christ passed through human living, we passed through it with Him. Furthermore, when He went to the cross and was crucified, we were crucified with Him. Then we were buried with Him in the tomb. In fact, all of creation was buried there. Thus, Christ’s tomb was an all-inclusive tomb.'

(Life Study of Colossians)
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Apr '19 18:03
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Sounds more like the writing of a dreadfully dumb Bible talk on Spirituality Forum.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Apr '19 18:481 edit
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Sounds more like the writing of a dreadfully dumb Bible talk on Spirituality Forum.
    Ok, which part or parts of what I posted do you think are “dreadfully dumb”?
  8. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Apr '19 18:53
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Hand on your heart sonship, do you find none of the quotes attributed to Witness Lee in this thread a little 'dumb?'
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Apr '19 19:021 edit
    @divegeester said
    Ok, which part or parts of what I posted do you think are “dreadfully dumb”?
    Sigh

Dive wrote:

You responded:

I wrote concerning the situation:

The first part of the exchange Dive wrote was dreadfully dumb. The other part you wrote was awfully dumb.

Now isn't it more fun to stick with you all's misunderstanding then to have someone sort it out for you ?

I thought this whole thread really showed your true colors.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Apr '19 19:37
    @sonship said
    Sigh

Dive wrote:

You responded:
    [quote]Edit: ...[text shortened]... o have someone sort it out for you ?

I thought this whole thread really showed your true colors.
    Youve lost the plot! I am divegeester not ghost of a duke.

Get a grip.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Apr '19 19:37
    Go to bed sonship.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Apr '19 19:492 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Hand on your heart sonship, do you find none of the quotes attributed to Witness Lee in this thread a little 'dumb?'

No.

If I spent no time with the word of God and was unregenerated man and living in the natural mind, I would consider all spiritual teaching of the servants of God as "foolishness." I recall this state as an unbeliever.

And the ability to spiritually discern handling of the things of God is a life long maturing process.

Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit which is from God, that we may know the things which have been freely given to us by God.

Which also we speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in words taught by the Spirit communicating spiritual things by spiritual things,

But the soulish man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he is not able to know them, because they are spiritually discerned. " (1 Cor. 2:12-14)
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Apr '19 20:021 edit
    Folks there's nothing much new under the sun.

There were believers in Corinth who thought Paul's letters said things which made no sense to them. They were very philosophical people some of them. But they lacked experience in spiritual growth.

Paul had to remind them that the foolishness of God is wiser than the wisdom of men.

"Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men." (1 Cor. 1:25)
  14. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Apr '19 20:031 edit
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

No.

If I spent no time with the word of God and was unregenerated man and living in the natural mind, I would consider all spiritual teaching of the servants of God as "foolishness." I recall this state as an u ...[text shortened]... e is not able to know them, [/b] because they are spiritually discerned. " (1 Cor. 2:12-14) [/quote]
    Great.

Tomorrow I will take you through them and you can argue against the dumbness.

We'll probably start with:

"...these five loaves were barley loaves. Barley is a type of the resurrected Christ (Leviticus 23:10). Thus, the barley loaves signify Christ in resurrection as food to us. Loaves are of the vegetable life, signifying the generating aspect of Christ's life, whereas fish are of the animal life, signifying the redeeming aspect of Christ's life."

(The Recovery Version: Footnotes of Matthew).
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Apr '19 20:082 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Great.

Tomorrow I will take you through them and you can argue against the dumbness.

Not so fast. First you better ASK me if I want to with you.

I could choose just to leave you with your estimation of the things said being foolishness. Maybe you're not ready, having never repented of your separating sins, offenses, trangressions which cover the conscience with blackened soot so that God is not real to you at all.

Start by asking. And I'll see of the Spirit would have me oblige you or whether you're just bating me for more Christ REJECTION.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree