The Wisdom of Witness Lee

The Wisdom of Witness Lee

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
09 Apr 19

@sonship said
Everybody in "the community" is SO dependent on your wise questions FMF.

So that you can eventually go off in a huff that it doesn't make any difference to you one way or the other. Right ?
Still dodging.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Apr 19
1 edit

@FMF

You seem to think you know they are "with" Jesus. Do you believe their writing has earned them a place "with" Jesus?

I see.

Well I didnt say they were in Heaven.
I did say as deceased Christians they are with the Lord in a relative sense. They were with the Lord as they lived on earth. In Hades, in Paradise awaiting the resurrection, they are more so with the Lord.

This is based on Paul saying that for him to die would be for him to be with the Lord.

But if I am to live in the flesh, if this to me is fruit for my work, then I do not know what I will choose.

But I am constrained between the two, having the desire to depart [die] and be with Christ, for this is far better. (Philippians 1:,22,23)

Paul as a typical Christ expected that to die would be for him to be "with Christ". Therefore in that sense I know Christians who die in Christ go to be with the Lord.

F

Moves
09 Apr 19

@sonship said
Well I didnt say they were in Heaven.
I put "Heaven" in quotation marks.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Apr 19

@FMF

I put "Heaven" in quotation marks.

Why would I want them to stay in "Heaven" ?

The rest of the post remains the same.

F

Moves
09 Apr 19
1 edit

@sonship said
I did say as deceased Christians they are with the Lord in a relative sense. They were with the Lord as they lived on earth.
But what if they were worshippers and followers of "Satan"? According to your beliefs, their writings certainly don't mean that they were certainly not. Can they be "with" Jesus if they died as followers of "Satan"?

F

Moves
09 Apr 19

@sonship said
Why would I want them to stay in "Heaven" ?
I am talking about them supposedly still existing and being "with" Jesus, according to your beliefs.

F

Moves
09 Apr 19

@sonship said
This is based on Paul saying that for him to die would be for him to be with the Lord.
But don't you believe being "with the Lord" is a matter for "the Lord" and not for you to judge? Do you believe their writing earns them a place "with the Lord" regardless of what they were like as people and what was in their 'hearts' so to speak?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Apr 19

@FMF

But what if they worshippers and followers of "Satan"?

This brilliant question is designed to make a succinct insightful point to everybody that ____________________ ??

According to your beliefs, their writings certainly don't mean that they certainly not. Can they be "with" Jesus if they died as followers of "Satan"?

This clever question demonstrates to the community that _______________ ???

Give this guy a "Best Questioner" cookie of the year.

Show the community that you're real good at ASKING real perceptive questions. We're all simply dazzled.

F

Moves
09 Apr 19

@sonship said
@FMF

But what if they worshippers and followers of "Satan"?

This brilliant question is designed to make a succinct insightful point to everybody that ____________________ ??

According to your beliefs, their writings certainly don't mean that they certainly not. Can they be "with" Jesus if they died as followers of "Satan"?
...[text shortened]... w the community that you're real good at ASKING real perceptive questions. We're all simply dazzled.
I can understand you hoping that they are "with Jesus" or "with the Lord". It seems oddly egocentric and pretentious of you to claim you know they are.

F

Moves
09 Apr 19

@sonship said
Show the community that you're real good at ASKING real perceptive questions. We're all simply dazzled.
I don't know about dazzled. But you are certainly sounding a bit caught in the headlights.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Apr 19
1 edit

@FMF

I can understand you hoping that they are "with Jesus" or "with the Lord". It seems oddly egocentric and pretentious of you to claim you know they are.

Yep, One can hope for what is virtually assured.
I hope the earth continues to rotate tonight so the sun comes up in the east.

I can see you hoping the words of Christ are not true.

I can see you hoping that your atheism turns out to be true and you'll simply melt into the dust of the earth in oblivion - no concern for the record of your doings while alive.

I can see you hoping that nothing in the Bible will turn out to be true.

As for the believers' hope of being with Christ being "egocentric and pretentious" ? I need to say it again, I'd rather die then have that mind you have about God and God's salvation.

PITCH BLACK.

F

Moves
09 Apr 19

@sonship said
Yep, One can hope for what is virtually assured.
You believe their "salvation" is "virtually assured" by their writings?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Apr 19

@FMF

But you are certainly sounding a bit caught in the headlights.

Well, I certainly sound how you would like to imagine I sound.
Big deal.

F

Moves
09 Apr 19

@sonship said
I can see you hoping the words of Christ are not true.

I can see you hoping that your atheism turns out to be true and you'll simply melt into the dust of the earth in oblivion - no concern for the record of your doings while alive.

I can see you hoping that nothing in the Bible will turn out to be true.
Does this attempted about-my-lack-of-belief 'counter' to my observation about your beliefs mean that you do, indeed, acknowledge that you hope that they are "with Jesus" or "with the Lord" and you are not claiming that you know they are?

F

Moves
09 Apr 19

@sonship said
@FMF

But you are certainly sounding a bit caught in the headlights.

Well, I certainly sound how you would like to imagine I sound.
Big deal.
No, the lashing-out way you post when you are irritated makes you sound flustered. That's what the expression "caught in the headlights" means.