The Wisdom of Witness Lee

The Wisdom of Witness Lee

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Apr 19
5 edits

Your attempts to portray Witness Lee as an autocratic despot will fail. This will be the Mr. Lee of your imagination.

If so (and bearing in mind God's infallibility) doesn't that make his claims 'equal' to scripture? - Note how he says 'no message of his can be more important than Scripture,' but doesn't say it is less important.

You're grasping at straws.

I don't want any revelation which is not based on what is ALREADY THERE in the Holy Bible. I just need enlightenment to what is written. I need to not under appreciate what is there.

Ie. Did Martin Luther get special revelation about "Justification by faith" ?

Well, Yes, but no, not actually. What was neglected he was moved by God to EMPHASIZE rather than neglect - Justification for eternal redemption is by FAITH and by FAITH ALONE.

New Revelation ? Not really.

Witness Lee taught many things including one city should not have umpteen kinds of churches. All the believers in a city have to love one another to be the one city wide church.

New revelation ?
No, not really at all. Neglected and under appreciated revelation right there in the New Testament. And the answer to a lot of problems about KINDS of churches, ie. denominations, divisions, sects, etc.

Funny that.

Your caricature and attempt to paint a quite normal consecrated servant of Christ as a cult leader exposes the irony of a Bible rejector running to complain about its legitimate use.

There's an irony to that.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
08 Apr 19

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Doesn't Witness Lee claim direct revelations from God?

Not particularly more than any other NORMAL Christian who should have unveilings from the Holy Spirit.
Paul prayed that ALL the saints (believers) in the church would have spirit of [b]"wisdom and revelation{/b].

[quote] "That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of gl ...[text shortened]... hristians would have direct revelation from God. Why should not brother Witness Lee enjoy the same ?
Not quite what I asked...

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
08 Apr 19

@sonship said
Your attempts to portray Witness Lee as an autocratic despot will fail. This will be the Mr. Lee of your imagination.

If so (and bearing in mind God's infallibility) doesn't that make his claims 'equal' to scripture? - Note how he says 'no message of his can be more important than Scripture,' but doesn't say it is less important.

You're grasping at ...[text shortened]... irony of a Bible rejector running to complain about its legitimate use.

There's an irony to that.
The irony sir is that your sanctimonious ramblings are based on the unhinged numerological ramblings of a charlatan who labels Christianity itself satanic.

Whatever rocks your boat.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Apr 19

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

The irony sir is that your sanctimonious ramblings are based on the unhinged numerological ramblings of a charlatan who labels Christianity itself satanic.

Whatever rocks your boat.

Blah, Blah.
Whatever rocks yours.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Apr 19

Interesting.

U.S. Congressman pays tribute to Christian martyr Watchman Nee

ASSIST News Service (ANS) –
PO Box 609, Lake Forest, CA 92609-0609 USA
Visit our web site at: www.assistnews.net — E-mail: assistnews@aol.com

Thursday, August 13, 2009

U.S. Congressman Pays Tribute to Chinese Martyr Watchman Nee

By Michael Ireland
Chief Correspondent, ASSIST News Service

WASHINGTON, DC
(ANS) — A US Congressman has paid tribute to a Chinese Christian martyr of a previous age on the floor of the House of Representatives in Washington, DC.

On July 30, Congressman Christopher Smith (New Jersey) spoke from the House of Representatives’ floor to pay tribute to Chinese Christian martyr Watchman Nee, according to a media release from ChinaAid (www.chinaaid.org ).

Rep Chris Smith

Congressman Smith wanted to recognize Nee, who is known around the world for his Christian witness and influence, and whose books are still banned in China today.
Nee was imprisoned for his faith in 1952 and died in 1972 in a labor camp farm.
In his speech, Congressman Smith stated: “Madam Speaker, I rise today to acknowledge the immense spiritual achievement of Watchman Nee, a great

pioneer of Christianity in China.
“Christianity Today magazine recently honored Watchman Nee as one of the 100 most influential Christians of the twentieth century. Watchman Nee died over thirty years ago but his life and work continue to influence millions of Protestant Christians in China.
“Today more than three thousand churches outside of China, including several hundred in the United States, look to him as one of their religious and theological leaders.

Watchman Nee

“Watchman Nee was an astonishingly devoted and energetic man, which I think can be seen from a capsule ...

https://www.chinaaid.org/2009/08/us-congressman-pays-tribute-to-chinese.html

Moves
08 Apr 19

@sonship said
Interesting.

U.S. Congressman pays tribute to Christian martyr Watchman Nee

ASSIST News Service (ANS) –
PO Box 609, Lake Forest, CA 92609-0609 USA
Visit our web site at: www.assistnews.net — E-mail: assistnews@aol.com

Thursday, August 13, 2009

U.S. Congressman Pays Tribute to Chinese Martyr Watchman Nee

By Michael Ireland
Chief Correspo ...[text shortened]... capsule ...

https://www.chinaaid.org/2009/08/us-congressman-pays-tribute-to-chinese.html
Watchman Nee and Witness Lee are different people

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Apr 19

@divegeester

That is right. While one was locked up in a prison for the last 20 years of his life, Nee urged that his closest co-worker Witness Lee should leave the Mainland of China to take what God had shown them beyond China.

And he did. They coordinated together. Lee built upon what God had given Nee.

And now both are gone to be with the soon coming Christ. Yet they gave enough spiritual food to feed the Christian church for another 500 years easily.

Moves
08 Apr 19

@sonship said
@divegeester

That is right.
So is your thread misstated when you name Witness Lee and yet talk about Watchman Nee?

F

Moves
08 Apr 19

@sonship said
Lee built upon what God had given Nee. And now both are gone to be with the soon coming Christ.
both are gone to be with the soon coming Christ

How do you know that this is so?

Isn't it your belief that their fate after they die is between them and God and not something for you to judge?

Do you believe their writing earns them a place in "Heaven"?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Apr 19
5 edits

@FMF

How do you know that this is so?

I know for certain both men have died.
I don't know for certain the time of the second coming of Christ, THANKFULLY!.

I think I know when He does come most people will think it is too soon rather than too late.

No predictions, no dates, no timetable if that's what you were hoping to get.

"Soon" as in "the Lord comes soon" I am happy to realize is a subjective matter.

Isn't it your belief that their fate after they die is between them and God and not something for you to judge?

Have no idea what the question means nor what in the world it has to do with anything in this thread.

Ist ingenious perceptive formulation was design to prove _______________ ??

Do you believe their writing earns them a place in "Heaven"?

Why would I want them to stay in Heaven?

The Lord's prayer for the disciples is "You kingdom come." not "Your kingdom go". That is His will to be done ON EARTH ... as it is in heaven.

Dust off your old backsliders Bible from your days as a Christian and tell me - Does Matt. 5:5 say the meek shall inherit Heaven? Or does it say the meek shall inherit the earth ?

You sure have one silly way of assuming you know what Christians think.

F

Moves
09 Apr 19

@sonship said
You sure have one silly way of assuming you know what Christians think.
I simply asked you a question. Your prickly defensiveness is interesting.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Apr 19

@FMF

Isn't it though ?

F

Moves
09 Apr 19

@sonship said
@FMF
I know for certain both men have died.
You seem to think you know they are "with" Jesus. Do you believe their writing has earned them a place "with" Jesus?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Apr 19

I simply asked you a question.

Everybody in "the community" is SO dependent on your wise questions FMF.

So that you can eventually go off in a huff that it doesn't make any difference to you one way or the other. Right ?

F

Moves
09 Apr 19

@sonship said
@FMF

Isn't it though ?
Yes, especially when you claim that Jesus is "flowing through" you, and you claim you are "becoming more like Jesus". No one else makes these claims here. You do. It makes things like your prickly defensiveness and pouting, and narcissism, and your frequent visceral insults all the more interesting. Is it the "Jesus" effect on you?