1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 May '19 11:24
    @sonship said
    I rarely type out "afterlife" and you assigned belief in it to me.
    You copy paste reams and reams and reams of doctrine, day in day out, thread after thread, originated by Witness Lee. There is no comparison or equivalent in my pattern of posting.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 May '19 11:27
    @sonship said
    Your objections are pretty lame even if they were entirely true, which they are not.
    I am simply saying that I believe you are a really poor and possibly counter-productive "preacher". Is it the only way you can think of to serve "Jesus" and promote your religious beliefs on this message board?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 May '19 11:30
    @sonship said
    I would like to see you cut and paste even ONE instance of me "self appointing" myself anymore than anyone else writing here.
    You have referred to your "preaching" on numerous occasions. You sometimes set out by declaring what it is you are going to "preach" about. Whoever appointed you as a preacher, if it's not simply you yourself, was a poor judge of your character and skills. If there is something joyful about the effect your faith has on you, it is not on display here.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 May '19 11:32
    @sonship said
    How about one example of a post written by me in which I announce I am some official APPOINTED ANYTHING (self or otherwise)?
    I think you behave like a self-appointed and self-anointed preacher. These are my words to describe your behaviour and not your words, but you know that full well, right?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 May '19 11:43
    @sonship said
    And for being such a bad teacher I notice that you adopt my style of separating out sentences for clarity. For a minute I thought it looked like one of my own posts. You learned nothing ?
    I have been doing it for almost 14 years. Do you think I do it because of you?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 May '19 12:571 edit
    @FMF

FMF, I'm barely skimming your comments. But let me save you from wasting your time.

If you think you can discourage me from teaching or explaining when I want to teach or explain, you can forget about it. If it tickles you to say "You can't teach" go ahead. It makes no difference to me either way.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 May '19 21:32
    @sonship said
    If you think you can discourage me from teaching or explaining when I want to teach or explain, you can forget about it. If it tickles you to say "You can't teach" go ahead. It makes no difference to me either way.
    If you want to show people "Jesus flowing through" you, perhaps you should do what you believe is serving him in some other way and then share those experiences here in vibrant non-joyless conversations with Christians and non-Christians alike. Your persona here is like a bitter vainglorious throwback Marxist lecturer who's never done a day's work [outside his campus] in his life and has never met any working class people.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 May '19 04:382 edits
    Brother Ron Kangus's excellent message on being saved from this present evil age.
    Highly recommended to Philokalia, Suzzianne, dbjcecker, ceasar salad, vivify, BigdogProblem, galveston even, myself and many other whoserver has an ear to hear.

Some matters covered in this message by a co-worker of Witness Lee:

* The purpose of the ages - the eternal purpose.,
    * God's purpose becoming the Apostle' Paul's purpose.,
    * Living for God's eternal purpose vs a meaningless Christian life,
    * The coming destruction of the temple mount,
    * Rebuilding of temple signalling Christ's descent imminent.
    * The changing of the age from grace to the kingdom.
    * Living ready for the change of the age.
    * Gender identify confusion and being conformed to this age.
    * Being saved from being conformed to this present evil age.

NorCal Conference with Brother Ron Kangas 2018 Message 2

YouTube
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 May '19 11:02
    @sonship said
    Brother Ron Kangus's excellent message on being saved from this present evil age.
    Highly recommended to Philokalia, Suzzianne, dbjcecker, ceasar salad, vivify, BigdogProblem, galveston even, myself and many other whoserver has an ear to hear.
    Why would you think BigDoggProblem and vivify or indeed any of these poster whom you specifically call out will be in the slightest bit interested?
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 May '19 11:27
    @sonship said

Some matters covered in this message by a co-worker of Witness Lee:

* The purpose of the ages - the eternal purpose.,
    * God's ...[text shortened]... ference with Brother Ron Kangas 2018 Message 2 [/b]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy-53yuwa5U
    You have a lot in common with the Watchtower.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 May '19 14:11
    @Rajk999

You have a lot in common with one legged child trying to play hopscotch.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 May '19 14:16
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

I think we are straying from Lee condemning Christians to Satan...

The organizations of religion being infiltrated with worldliness fell under Satan's influence.

You need a slander to make is that he is "condemning Christians to Satan". It is not the same thing. But at least you're pointed back towards the debate.
    Is it slander when you express your views on Darwin?
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 May '19 14:25
    Okay, let's consider these two passages from Lee ((The Kingdom, Chapter 39).

'At the time of the completion of the age there will be two categories of Christians. There will be the real ones, the regenerated ones, and there will be the false ones, the tares. The false ones are the nominal Christians, those who are Christian in name only. These might be called the unbelieving "believers." Not only have they done much damage to the Lord’s kingdom, they also have become an insult and blasphemy to the Lord Himself. These false Christians comprise the appearance of the kingdom which will be burned up at the Lord’s coming back.'

And:

'Among the real and genuine Christians there will be a further classification. Some among these will be overcoming Christians, and others will be defeated Christians. They are real Christians, but they are defeated. They are real Christians, but their Christian life is a failure. However, the fact that it is a failure does not mean they are not real Christians. Surely they are real Christians. Thus, when the Lord comes back, we may be either overcoming ones or defeated ones.'
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 May '19 15:18
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

'At the time of the completion of the age there will be two categories of Christians. There will be the real ones, the regenerated ones, and there will be the false ones, the tares. The false ones are the nominal Christians, those who are Christian in name only. These might be called the unbelieving "believers." Not only have they done much damage to the Lord’s kingdom, they also have become an insult and blasphemy to the Lord Himself. These false Christians comprise the appearance of the kingdom which will be burned up at the Lord’s coming back.'

Matthew 13:24-30

Another parable He set before them, saying, the kingdom of the heavens has become like a man sowing good seed in his field. (v.24)
    But while the men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares in the midst of the wheat and went away. (v.25)

Questions:
    1.) How many kinds of plants so far are represented in the parable?
    2.) What is the source of tares, one working WITH the original sower or one working AGAINST as an adversary?

And when the blade sprouted and produced fruit, the tares appeared also.(v.26)
    And the slaves of the master of the house came and sad to him, Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? Where then did the tares come from? (v.27)

3.) Is the reaction of the servants of the man encouraged or discouraged?
    4.) Is the mixture of the sprouting wheat seed with the sprouting tares seeds a desirable outcome or an undesirable outcome?

And he said to them, An enemy has done this, And the slaves said to him, Do you want us then to go and collect them? (v.28)
    But he said, No, lest while collecting the tares, you uproot the wheat along with them. (v.29)
    Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of the harvest I will say to the reapers, Collect first the tares and bind them into bundles to burn them up, but the wheat gather into my barn. (v.30)

Now let the interpretation be given by Jesus Himself in verses 36-43 below.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 May '19 15:253 edits
    Christ's OWN explanation of His parable of the wheat and the tares:
    Matthew 13:36-43
    Then, leaving the crowds, He went into the house. And His disciples came to Him, saying, Make the parable of the tares of the field clear to us.(v.36)
    And He answered and said, He who sows the good seed is the Son of Man; (v.37)
    And the field is the world; and the good seed, these are the sons of the kingdom; and the tares are the sons of the evil one; (v.38)
    And the enemy who sowed them is the devil; and the harvest is the consummation of the age; and the reapers are angels. (v.39)
    Therefore just as the tares are collected and burned up with fire, so will it be at the consummation of the age. ( v.40)
    The Son of Man will send His angels, and they will collect out of His kingdom all the stumbling blocks and those who practice lawlessness. (v.41)
    And will cast them into the furnace of fire. In that place there will be the weeping and the gnashing of teeth. (v.42)
    Then the righteous will shine forth like the sun in the kingdom of their Father.
    He who has ears to hear, let him hear.(v.43)

Ghost has trouble seeing that Lee's explanation is the same as that given by Christ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree