1. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    29 May '05 06:59
    Originally posted by Metamorphosis
    This is more impenetrable than a Zen koan.

Here, try this --

What did your face look like before your parents were born?

That's a famous Rinzai Zen koan. If you can solve it, you will increase your spiritual stock by at least $3 per share on the Tao.
    It was the face of innocence. The clarity of it's simple form can not be recreated or seen by these weary eyes.
  2. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 02:46
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    i have read this post like 15 times, and all i draw is a big old blank...no one can understand what exactly you are asking. maybe you could try rephrasing from a completely different angle.
    Thruth of it is, that only someone who is saved would understand.
  3. Joined
    01 Dec '04
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 03:04
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    Are you referring to Lee Smith and John Franco?

Baseball's all-time leaders in saves. Many a game would have been lost without those stalwart guys...but between you and me, my favourite was Bill "Spaceman" Lee. What a guy. He could spin Zen philosophy and still throw a heater right past the likes of Tony Perez in his prime...
  4. Not Kansas
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 03:33
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I always regarded the idea of "Christian" predestination as about as bizarre as a belief could be; it's odd that Jesus would have spent sooooooooo much time instructing people to love and do good works towards their fellow man if it wouldn't matter one whit to their eventual salvation. As kneverknight points out, what was the point of our en ...[text shortened]... nderstood by non-Christians" (or presumably those Christians who do not accept predestination).
    I suspect that in their desire to make their god perfect, they give him the power to foretell the future; free will be damned, he knows all.
    So, we have the crystal-ball seer and RB's god reduced to a simple OR gate.(Saved or Not Saved)
    Not too attractive.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 03:51
    The Secret Decoder Ring Defense strikes again!!
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 03:57
    so you were testing us to see who would understand? i failed the test apparently.

but truth be told, i'm still interested in what you have to say if you care to rephrase it for me.

i'm not trying to be difficult, but then again, some things just come easy to me.

ps, i haven't forgotten about the interesting free will discussion we were having in the other post, i just haven't had time to get to it. maybe i'll start a new thread on it when i can get some more time.
  7. Not Kansas
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 04:03
    Great, you come in here babbling and you're now a prophet. Isn't pride a sin?
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 04:05
    Originally posted by KneverKnight
    Great, you come in here babbling and you're now a prophet. Isn't pride a sin?
    Being saved is not prideful.
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 04:07
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Yes it is, and you boast about it.

ES
  10. Not Kansas
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 04:14
    Saved or Not.
    There's your god's task on the big day.
    You could do it.
  11. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 04:23
    Question.......... In the eternity to come, after GOD has dealt with those that are to be judged. Would there be anyone there that was not chosen, in CHRIST before the world began?
    In the Life to come when GOD, has put all of HIS enemies under HIS feet. When all mankind has been judged. Will all those that are in The Kingdom of Heaven. Will there be anyone that was not chosen to be saved, before CHRIST created the world.
    This was not a question only for the unsaved but for those that claim Salvation. I am surprised that someone did not tackle the question. Other than try to make fun of it or myself.
  12. Joined
    27 Mar '05
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 17:43
    In the Life to come when GOD, has put all of HIS enemies under HIS feet. When all mankind has been judged. Will all those that are in The Kingdom of Heaven. Will there be anyone that was not chosen to be saved, before CHRIST created the world.
    This was not a question only for the unsaved but for those that claim Salvation. I am surprised that someone did not tackle the question. Other than try to make fun of it or myself.
    The way I'm understanding your question, as re-phrased in your most recent post:

A "yes" answer would mean that I believe that there WOULD be people in Heaven who were NOT 'predestined' to be there, in other words, God did not choose them to be saved before the time of creation, but these individuals, acting of their own free will, 'chose' to accept Christ as their Savior, and therefore they were able to enter the Kingdom of Heaven on that basis.

A "no" answer would mean that I belive that everyone who goes to Heaven does so because God himself determined, before the act of creation, that these individuals will, in fact, accept Christ as their Savior,and will be able to enter the Kingdom of Heaven on that basis.

Am I right so far?

13. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 18:32
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Yes it is, and you boast about it.

ES
    The Bible says we can boast about God.
    So I can boast about his saving power.
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 19:46
    The Bible says we can boast about God.
    So I can boast about his saving power.
    Like the Pharisees did?
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 19:47
    God has feet??????????😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree