1. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Feb '07 13:48
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    The worst thing IMO is that some people call themselves Christians when they do not even follow the teachings of Christ.
    My understanding was that the teachings of Christ were that it was next to impossible to follow the teachings of Christ. Something about a camel and a needle I seem to remember ......
  2. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    28 Feb '07 14:46
    I like most of the nominal, moderate/liberal Christians. They usually party as hard as any of us.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    28 Feb '07 15:04
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    But are there not other threads in this forum such as "the worst thing about Muslins, the worst thing about Jews, the worst thing about religions and even the worst thing about this forum"?
    True. I probably could have posted the same thing in those threads.
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    28 Feb '07 16:20
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    It's not only in christian countries gays are mistreated, it's the same in muslim countries. A certain percentage of people in the entire human race are going to be gay in any given generation so christians and muslims have to get over the idea that a gay can be 'converted' by just following the precepts of whatever religion is involved. It's MUCH deeper th ...[text shortened]... e derided at Wal-mart, that is here and now. So why aren't you crying about that?
    Someone obviously didn't see the point of my post. 😞
  5. The sky
    Moves
    28 Feb '07 16:25
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Someone obviously didn't see the point of my post. 😞
    What did you expect?
  6. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    28 Feb '07 16:25
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Do you think all Christians are like this? I suppose you have never heard of the Metropolitan Community Churches that explicitly support homosexuality, or Courage International, which while not condoning homosexual activity provides support to those who do not wish to live such a lifestyle. One of my friends, a Catholic religious, works at a Catholic school ...[text shortened]... ims, and vice versa, they shoudln't be treated as representatives of all of Christianity.
    Do you think I think all Christians are like this?
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    28 Feb '07 16:30
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    What did you expect?
    Introspection regarding some anti-Christian and anti-Catholic stances of some that defend Muslims from the mistake of over-generalization, a mistake that they themselves are guilty of.
  8. The sky
    Moves
    28 Feb '07 17:20
    Introspection regarding some anti-Christian and anti-Catholic stances of some that defend Muslims from the mistake of over-generalization, a mistake that they themselves are guilty of.
    Sonhouse is just as anti-Muslim as he is anti-Christian, though.
  9. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    28 Feb '07 17:21
    It’s just about impossible to talk on here about this stuff without some over-generalization, no matter how much we struggle against it. Defenders of a position often faced with that problem, as much as are their opponents.

Perhaps the most we can hope for from such an introspection—which I think is necessary to maintain intellectual self-integrity—is an awareness of the problem, and a willingness to stand corrected when our over-generalizations are pointed out to us...
  10. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    28 Feb '07 17:22
    And howardgee is an equal-opportunity anti-religionist.
  11. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    28 Feb '07 17:28
    I've mentioned before that I appreciate howardgee's coherence even if I don't agree with his somewhat extreme positions and generalizations.

I haven't followed sonhouse's comments on religion so I don't know what they're like. Described like that sounds pretty similar to my opinion of howardgee.

PS: This thread was obviously directed at Dr. Scribbles.
  12. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    28 Feb '07 17:34
    I've mentioned before that I appreciate howardgee's coherence even if I don't agree with his somewhat extreme positions and generalizations.

I haven't followed sonhouse's comments on religion so I don't know what they're like. Described like that sounds pretty similar to my opinion of howardgee.

PS: This thread was obviously directed at Dr. Scribbles.
    yes, Howard has forced me to re-think on a number of occasions; so has sonhouse.
  13. Standard memberPureRWandB
    CCC Club Leader
    Denver, CO
    Moves
    01 Mar '07 19:17
    What do you think it is?

1) Their mistreatment of homosexuals
    2) Their anti-Science stances
    3) Their rejection of Allah
    God loves Homosexuals, but it's their lifestyle that God abhors. Sodom and Gomorah was a prime example of how God views that type of lifestyle. If there are Christians who mistreat Homosexuals then they are not in the Will of God. Christians should love their neighbor like themselves, gays included. Gays can become straight by Faith and obeying God's laws. It's a decision. They were not born with it.

Christians are not against all science, just against science that tries to discredit God as creator. I believe in micro-evolution, but not Macro-Evolution. ( Through many years breads of animals can evolve slightly, but a dog is still a dog, a bird is still a bird, and a monkey is still a monkey.

Christians rejecting Allah? Of course, read the 10 Commandments. You shall worship only 1 God. The God of Abraham. So, we Will reject other Gods like the Pagen gods, and gods of other religions;Budda, Allah, etc. Because they are not the God of Abraham.

Some people may profess to be Christians, but they are not.

In the end, it will only be God who judges who are true believers or not.
  14. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    01 Mar '07 21:25
    Originally posted by PureRWandB
    God loves Homosexuals, but it's their lifestyle that God abhors. Sodom and Gomorah was a prime example of how God views that type of lifestyle. If there are Christians who mistreat Homosexuals then they are not in the Will of God. Christians should love their neighbor like themselves, gays included. Gays can become straight by Faith and obeying God's laws ...[text shortened]... t they are not.

In the end, it will only be God who judges who are true believers or not.
    Hilarious. Out of all the groups in the 'worst thing' threads, the Christians are the only ones proud of their negative stereotypes.
  15. London
    Moves
    02 Mar '07 19:44
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Hilarious. Out of all the groups in the 'worst thing' threads, the Christians are the only ones [b]proud of their negative stereotypes.[/b]
    Sometimes bearing a "negative stereotype" isn't reason enough to shift principles.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree