1. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    29 May '16 16:00
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    No, of course I'm not speaking for all Christians.

Clearly, FMF is inviting people (Christians)(yes, Christians are people) to give their opinion. Just as he later gives his own, and then turns around and labels ALL Christians with his trademarked broad brush.

[b]"FMF has already made it very clear why he's asking in this thread."

Right. What ...[text shortened]... to tar all Christians with the same handy brush. The extremely broad brush I mentioned earlier.[/b]
    No, of course I'm not speaking for all Christians.

Clearly, FMF is inviting people (Christians)(yes, Christians are people) to give their opinion. Just as he later gives his own, and then turns around and labels ALL Christians with his trademarked broad brush.

I know what FMF was asking, your post however read as speaking for all Christians as the question in
    the op was "Do Christians believe that their God figure created the Zika virus?" to which you answered
    "No"... Which can be read as saying that all Christians don't have that belief, as opposed to just this
    particular one doesn't.

I asked for clarification and I got it... No need to bite my head off.

And I don't see FMF labelling all Christians with any sort of brush.. I think that that mostly exists inside
    your own head.

Right. What I'm asking for evidence for is his REAL motivation. Which seems to be to tar all Christians with the same handy brush. The extremely broad brush I mentioned earlier.

Sigh... This is some deeply paranoid tin hat stuff here...

Stop trying to read between the lines and just read the lines. FMF from my decade of observation is very straightforward
    and has demonstrated no hidden agenda. There is no subtext, it's all text.

However like you do with me [and others] you try to pin nefarious motives upon posts and posters that you have no evidence
    for and for which you then give those posters a hard time that they have not earned.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 May '16 16:06
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Stop trying to read between the lines and just read the lines. FMF from my decade of observation is very straightforward
    and has demonstrated no hidden agenda. There is no subtext, it's all text.

However like you do with me [and others] you try to pin nefarious motives upon posts and posters that you have no evidence
    for and for which you then give those posters a hard time that they have not earned.
    It's okay. I don't suppose you've noticed the evolution of his posts on RHP as a whole. I'm sure he counts on that, and on people like you drawing the conclusions about him that he wants you to. If you choose to not observe things which pass in front of your face, that's fine, but don't try to include your non-observations in any kind of cohesive thought about something you've chosen not to pay attention to.
  3. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    29 May '16 16:191 edit
    It's okay. I don't suppose you've noticed the evolution of his posts on RHP as a whole. I'm sure he counts on that, and on people like you drawing the conclusions about him that he wants you to. If you choose to not observe things which pass in front of your face, that's fine, but don't try to include your non-observations in any kind of cohesive thought about something you've chosen not to pay attention to.
    I don't choose not to observe things, I have observed things and I'm telling you what I've observed.

And I will include my observations in any cohesive thought I feel like.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 May '16 16:22
    My personal belief? Is that what you're asking?
    Yes. I really can't see how you could think otherwise.

I believe He intervenes (tweaks the machine) to be sure that evolution is on the proper 'track' to follow His will.
    So is the Zika virus his will, or an oversight on his part, or just irrelevant to him?

This is why Man effecting global climate change and viruses running rampant (pestilence and disease) and the extinction of species is happening.
    I have to point out here that virus' have always 'run rampant' and there are probably less serious virus' running rampant right now than at any time in the history of man.

The stage is being set for the rise of the AntiChrist.
    Purposefully?

Earth was intended to be an Eden, but Evil showed up and Man made the decision to disobey God,
    How does a species collectively make a decision? When did this happen?

And God is going to let us reap what we sowed,
    No, he's going to let us reap what some distant ancestors sowed.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 May '16 18:321 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Or you could avoid answering the question...
    The OP was not aimed directly at me; my question to Fetchmyjunk was directed at him. It's called forum protocol.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 May '16 18:45
    Right. What I'm asking for evidence for is [FMF's] REAL motivation. Which seems to be to tar all Christians with the same handy brush. The extremely broad brush I mentioned earlier.
    Not at all. I would expect Christians to have a range of views on the questions raised by the OP.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 May '16 18:531 edit
    And I don't see FMF labelling all Christians with any sort of brush.. I think that that mostly exists inside your own head.
    There are, for example, some Christians who believe that AIDS is 'God's cure for homosexuality' ~ I met a holidaying married couple a few years ago whose Christian outlook had led them to that belief. I certainly don't think that all Christians think that way.

Another example is sonship's 'torturer God' ideology and his (for me, anyway) incoherent notions of "justice" and "morality" ~ an ideology that is an expression of his Christian beliefs (and those of plenty of Christians I have met) ~ is one that Christians like divegeester and Suzianne do not share, and I am of course able to recognize that.

Labelling all Christians with the same brush is not something I do.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 May '16 18:58
    Well, I am not a 'creationist', as googlefudge pointed out. If FMF only wanted the opinion of 'creationists', then he should have said so in his OP.
    My OP question was not directed only at "creationist" Christians (by which I assume you mean Genesis literalists like RJHinds) but is for all or any Christians to offer their views on.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 May '16 19:30
    I believe that evolution is part of God's 'creation toolbox'. I believe He intervenes (tweaks the machine) to be sure that evolution is on the proper 'track' to follow His will. But as such, I do not believe He necessarily still intervenes. It's a self-running machine, and self-regulating, for the most part. And it doesn't have much longer to go.
    [1] Do you believe the existence of phenomena like Zika, Ebola and malaria form part of the manifestation of God's will?

[2] Do you believe Zika - and such things - are among the signs that show we are approaching the 'end times'?
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 May '16 01:35
    Or it could have been sent by god as an opportunity for us to make an antivirus and maybe even find a cure or maybe just a link to curing cancer or something else like that.

In the past , to overcome hurdles, mankind has had to invent and develop all sorts of life promoting ideas that have helped us, and shaped humanity and (human) knowledge as we know it.
  11. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    30 May '16 01:49
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Or it could have been sent by god as an opportunity for us to make an antivirus and maybe even find a cure or maybe just a link to curing cancer or something else like that.

In the past , to overcome hurdles, mankind has had to invent and develop all sorts of life promoting ideas that have helped us, and shaped humanity and (human) knowledge as we know it.
    That is deeply unethical.

Any being with the capability of a being worthy of the title god, will have a myriad of ways
    of improving our lot, without causing such suffering and misery as these diseases cause.

The argument "I only did those terrible things to you to allow you to rise above them" is
    one given only by bad guys. Those that are immoral and/or insane.

No ethically good god could do such things.
  12. Joined
    19 Sep '06
    Moves
    30 May '16 06:38
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    A bit of advice: Not everything on the internet is true.
    Ok, and you are absolutely sure that it was not genetically engineered?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 May '16 06:48
    Originally posted by mariekeXIV
    If you want, you can put Zika to one side, and substitute it with Malaria for the purposes of this discussion and the OP questions. Do Christians believe that their God figure created Malaria and if so, what do they believe the purpose of creating it was?
  14. Germany
    Moves
    30 May '16 06:50
    Originally posted by mariekeXIV
    There's no evidence that it was.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 May '16 06:57
    Suzianne: Right. What I'm asking for evidence for is [FMF's] REAL motivation. Which seems to be to tar all Christians with the same handy brush. The extremely broad brush I mentioned earlier.

Sigh... This is some deeply paranoid tin hat stuff here... Stop trying to read between the lines and just read the lines. FMF from my decade of observation is very straightforward and has demonstrated no hidden agenda. There is no subtext, it's all text.
    Whether Suzianne's "paranoia" about hidden agendas or imagined purposes ~ when supposedly discussing things with people who disagree with her ~ is real or merely a deliberate affectation, I cannot say for sure.

What is clear though is that she resorts to bringing it into play time and time again either to deliver ad hominems or to sidestep proper discussion of straightforward observations or questions put to her.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree