1. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    09 May '08 02:18
    Originally posted by dizzyfingers
    It amazes me sometimes to read the posts here in this Spirituality Forum. Why don't you folks who call yourselves atheists get honest and call yourselves what you really are - anti-theists. Reading your posts makes it clear many of you just simply hate God and the idea that you will be ultimately accountable to someone besides yourself for the life that ...[text shortened]... ntil then, I'll be listening to someone who already has, about 2000 years ago. ๐Ÿ™‚ Good day.
    What a load of crap. I don't "hate God", I just don't think he exists.

I DO hate people killing and discriminating against each other in the name of religion. I also hate the way relgion tries to usurp science, the bedrock of their standard of living. Hypocrites.
  2. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    09 May '08 02:22
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    See no one is perfect taht is why you need Jesus to save you from the wrath of God. And I see you are being a little prideful right now from your comment.
    Wrath? An I thought you always said he loves me! Boy, this guy has issues!
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    09 May '08 02:542 edits
    It amazes me sometimes to read the posts here in this Spirituality Forum. Why don't you folks who call yourselves atheists get honest and call yourselves what you really are - anti-theists. Reading your posts makes it clear many of you just simply hate God and the idea that you will be ultimately accountable to someone besides yourself for the life that ntil then, I'll be listening to someone who already has, about 2000 years ago. ๐Ÿ™‚ Good day.
    So, your argument for Christ seems to be something like the following:

1. The prospects of death suck and really scare me!!!!
    2. Seriously, dude, death blows!!
    3. Therefore, Christianity is true.

Is that a pretty faithful summary?

Anyway, I am certainly not an 'anti-theist' in the way you are employing that term. But I do think there are individual aspects of beware-of-God's-wrath-type evangelical faiths (such as that of RBHILL and other Way of the Masterians) that are characteristically silly, idolatrous, ugly, and perverse -- not to mention evidentially challenged. I could go on at length identifying these individual aspects and discussing my reasons for thinking this way about them; but the point here is simply that this is how I honestly feel after much reflection on the subject. You have a problem with that? That's too bad. If you want to change my impression, you should start by presenting better argument.
  4. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    09 May '08 03:51
    It amazes me sometimes to read the posts here in this Spirituality Forum. Why don't you folks who call yourselves atheists get honest and call yourselves what you really are - anti-theists. Reading your posts makes it clear many of you just simply hate God and the idea that you will be ultimately accountable to someone besides yourself for the life that ...[text shortened]... ntil then, I'll be listening to someone who already has, about 2000 years ago. ๐Ÿ™‚ Good day.
    I’ll simply echo Scotty here— Since I do not think that any supernatural god-being exists, I do not, and cannot, hate such a god-being.

If I did think that such a being existed, then whether or not I hated it—or thought it was worthy of my worship (other than on the basis of fright)—would depend on what kind of being I thought it was.

Consider just the cosmos as it is (or seems to be): it does not seem to take any especial consideration of me, or of any other individual creature who lives and dies. I do not hate the cosmos because of that—how silly!

I certainly do not hate you.
  5. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulรคrer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    09 May '08 05:33
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    I think everything but atheism was wiped out because of their threats to the state, not out of any ideological considerations.
    Duckspeak.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    09 May '08 06:52
    I only vote Republican.
    Is that an indication of how you feel about Obama or do you simply have no feelings whatsoever for anyone who is not Republican?
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    09 May '08 07:00
    It amazes me sometimes to read the posts here in this Spirituality Forum. Why don't you folks who call yourselves atheists get honest and call yourselves what you really are - anti-theists.
    Do you go around calling yourself anti-atheist?
    Yes I am against theism in general, but I do not hate a non-existent God. If I believed in a god enough to hate it I would be a theist by definition.

You may be able to expound all sorts of semi-intellectual (read 'half-witted'๐Ÿ˜‰ arguments in defense of your unbelief and carry on a debate better than some believers,
    You are one of those believers that we debate better than. So use your logic to figure out where your argument rates in relation to my semi-intellectual (read 'half-witted'๐Ÿ˜‰ arguments.
  8. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    09 May '08 07:01
    Originally posted by LemonJello

Anyway, I am certainly not an 'anti-theist' in the way you are employing that term. But I do think there are indiv ...[text shortened]... o bad. If you want to change my impression, you should start by presenting better argument.
    Amen, brother.
  9. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    09 May '08 12:45
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Duckspeak.
    Well, not really. Churches and religion command loyalty. That loyalty, from the point of view of any state run by a megalomaniac, is power that the state (read megalomanic) does not control.

It wasn't that atheism was special - heck, if Christianity had those same properties as atheism does (lack of loyalty to any other leader than the state leader) then Christianity would have been the religion of choice.

It is the properties of atheism, rather than the [lack of] belief set that atheism represent that was selected for. Thus, I believe many of these states were atheistic out of cosmic coincidence, rather than design.
  10. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    09 May '08 21:50
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Is that an indication of how you feel about Obama or do you simply have no feelings whatsoever for anyone who is not Republican?
    Bingo
  11. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    09 May '08 23:421 edit
    Bingo
    Democrats can be Christians too, you uncaring swine!
  12. round and round
    Moves
    09 May '08 23:54
    Originally posted by LemonJello

Anyway, I am certainly not an 'anti-theist' in the way you are employing that term. But I do think there are indiv ...[text shortened]... o bad. If you want to change my impression, you should start by presenting better argument.
    I think you missed the point, which is:

The intellectually arrogant attitude of anti-theists is really something to behold. But the greatest intellect in the world still has a rendevous with death, and won't be able to debate his/her way out of it. You can't intellectually overcome death. That's my point.
    Or maybe this will help ...

(dizzyfingers turns his baseball hat around backwards)
    Everyone of us has an appointment with the Big D - got it? You and me being alive is more than brain exercise, dude. Pretty soon we gonna be knock, knock, knockin' on heaven's door, ya know? And who's to say they gotta let us in? If we don't love our neighbors as ourselves, good chance that door be locked, know what I'm sayin"? Yo, cuz if we ain't keepin' the Golden Rule, then how can we complain when someone disses us, ya know?

"My name's DeeZee, and though I ain't no pastor,
    I tell ya, if you don't recieve Jesus, then you're headed for disaster.
    So make Him your Lord, your Savior, your Master:
    Do it immediately ... or faster."

(dizzyfingers turns his baseball hat around the right way)

...'nuff said.
  13. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    10 May '08 00:03

The intellectually arrogant attitude of anti-theists is really something to behold. But the greatest intellect in the world still has a rendevous with death, and won't be able to debate his/her way out of it. You can't intellectually overcome death. That's my point.

(dizzyfinge ...[text shortened]...

...'nuff said.
    What makes you think any atheist is concerned with overcoming death?
  14. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    10 May '08 00:22

(dizzyfinge ...[text shortened]...

...'nuff said.
    Pray tell, where is Red Night? This is too good.
  15. round and round
    Moves
    10 May '08 01:03
    Originally posted by Starrman
    What makes you think any atheist is concerned with overcoming death?
    I didn't suggest that atheists are. Don't know where you got that from.
    But Someone was and has. That should say something about LIFE, don't you think?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree