There is no God because my evidence says..........

There is no God because my evidence says..........

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Doh!!! Or--Are--I

Springfield, USA

Moves
01 Aug 06

Originally posted by 7ate9
[b]yeah, but what does the true name of Jesus mean. not what systems that support His name do, but the real name of Jesus.
Let's say for a moment that all you smart guys have been really misinterpreting the whole thing. One other meaning for name is Authority. Well if I operate in your authority for the moment I operate in your power. You know like "open up in the name (authority) of the law) or United States of America -vs- John Doe. It takes on an entirely differnt dynamic. It may have been debatable and was certainly controversial. When for the first time the Hebrew Messiah revealed a relationship that was offensive to all the religious leaders of the time. He said "Father" now given the new look with a fresh pair of eyes, he was implying an authority that no one else had ever done. Rhetorically he asked "who do men say that (I am)" Was it just a play on words or was he revealing man's true power to assert, manifest, create. If any of you can dispute that you have and continue to operate in your own earthly fathers authority. You lie and the truth is not in you!

Jew.

Moves
01 Aug 06

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
01 Aug 06

Originally posted by spiritmangr8ness
Likewise there is no true Atheistic concensus of disbelief. You guys are all over the map. It is more difficult to prove their is a God than to prove there is no God is no rational argument at all.
Of course there is an atheistic concensus! We all believe there is no God! It's not about difficulty, at all. It's simply about proof. There is no evidence for God in any way whatsoever. Indeed, many things that your bible claims can be shown to be wrong. That is evidence AGAINST God!!!

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
01 Aug 06

His life was proof of his name.
Now all you have to do is prove that Jesus actually existed. And that he was the son of god, of course. And the existance of God. Then you're just about there, I'd say.

Jew.

Moves
01 Aug 06

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
01 Aug 06

well, why don't you do a trial test on yourself?
?!? What? You're making no sense.

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
01 Aug 06

Originally posted by scottishinnz
?!? What? You're making no sense.
I believe he's suggesting that you attempt to discover if there really is an afterlife by offing yourself. Scientifically, of course.

k

Moves
01 Aug 06

u believe in science and not in god right.
so u trust newton or any scientist rather than god.
do u know the equations of gravitation and how it is derived.
we use equations of circular motion .that means we are comparing a case of swinging a ball or something tied to a thread .
but can u go on swinging the ball for infinite time .
do u have the power.
but how does sun earth or any massive body has this to keep it swinging. i say this infinite power is god.

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
01 Aug 06

Originally posted by kuthu
but how does sun earth or any massive body has this to keep it swinging. i say this infinite power is god.
Well, I'm convinced. Great job, case closed. Praise the Lord and Pass the Butter. Should we all go home now?

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
01 Aug 06

Originally posted by David C
I believe he's suggesting that you attempt to discover if there really is an afterlife by offing yourself. Scientifically, of course.
Indeed, I rather thought that was what he was saying. Of course, I'll need replication, so I'll do it if he does.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
01 Aug 06

we use equations of circular motion .that means we are comparing a case of swinging a ball or something tied to a thread .
do u have the power ...[text shortened]... es sun earth or any massive body has this to keep it swinging. i say this infinite power is god.
Scientist / non-scientist, what's the biggy? Scientists are people too, you know. Unlike Gods. I guess I'll trust real people over fictional constructs any day.

h

Cosmos

Moves
01 Aug 06

do u have the power ...[text shortened]... es sun earth or any massive body has this to keep it swinging. i say this infinite power is god.
My God, it's frightening to think that places like India are full of hundreds of millions of brain-washed morons like this guy.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
01 Aug 06

There's no need to input power for a gravitational orbit to be stable, dude. Study some more physics.

rs

H. T. & E. hte

Moves
01 Aug 06
1 edit

Originally posted by scottishinnz
In which case you simpply haven't taken everything into account. Once you do, you realise that all that extra stuff is actually part of the universe, you just forgot it before.
What about conciousness? Is that also included in the universe of your definition? If you admit the existence of conciousness within the universe, how do you go about analysing it? Or proving something about it? It rather supports the view of one of the posters (mrstabby) that it's all just in the mind. There can be no objective proof.

Moves
01 Aug 06

Originally posted by ranjan sinha
What about conciousness? Is that also included in the universe of your definition? If you admit the existence of conciousness within the universe, how do you go about analysing it? Or proving something about it? It rather supports the view of one of the posters (mrstabby) that it's all just in the mind. There can be no objective proof.
All your thoughts and feelings your 'consciousness' is simply the product of the neurons in your brain. There is nothing 'special' about it or humans which is a common religious conceit which goes back millennia, Humans have consistently thought of themselves as special, we were gods special creation, we were at the century of the solar system, the centre of the universe, the only intelligent self-aware creature, All wrong. Consciousness isn't even unique on earth. And certainly does not pose any problem to cosmology.