Things evolution could never invent

Things evolution could never invent

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
27 May 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
dj2becker: Btw, the word "evolve" was invented by the evolutionists. Go find a dictionary dated 1850, and you will find that the word did not exist.

HUH????? He said the word didn't exist in 1850 and the site you gave (the same one as ATY) says the word dates from 1641!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How exactly do I owe him an apology for saying he told a lie when he did???
I guess I owe you an apology no1.

I actually meant to say that the word "evolve" with its current meaning did not exist back then. I suppose I did not make it clear though.

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
27 May 05

Originally posted by dj2becker
I guess I owe you an apology no1.

I actually meant to say that the word "evolve" with its current meaning did not exist back then. I suppose I did not make it clear though.
There's a difference between lying and making a mistake. You made a mistake and admitted it. That's good.

I think no1 should apologies for accusing you of lying.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
27 May 05

Originally posted by Coletti
There's a difference between lying and making a mistake. You made a mistake and admitted it. That's good.

I think no1 should apologies for accusing you of lying.
Off topic... Isn't that an error? Mistakes can't be fixed is what I've heard.

ES

Moves
27 May 05
2 edits

Originally posted by Phlabibit

ES
I think an error only becomes a mistake if it is not fixed. But sometimes to make a mistake is an error and to make an error is a mistake.

K
Strawman

Not Kansas

Moves
27 May 05

I object to this thread title. Evolution didn't "invent" anything, this seems to imply some design behind evolution.

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
27 May 05

Originally posted by Phlabibit

ES
I've never heard that before. Mistake and error are synonyms. But I think it would be the other way around.

But I'm not mistaken that no1 should apologize.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
27 May 05
1 edit

Originally posted by Coletti
I've never heard that before. Mistake and error are synonyms. But I think it would be the other way around.

But I'm not mistaken that no1 should apologize.
Yes, you are mistaken. "Go to a dictionary before 1850 and you won't find the word" is implying that numbskull ACTUALLY did this himself before he shot his mouth off. Saying you have absolute knowledge when you do not is a lie as far as I'm concerned as it is "something that misleads or deceives" which is one of the dictionary definitions of a lie. That dj2becker CONSTANTLY does this i.e. makes sweeping untrue statements without bothering to check whether they are true or not is an aggravating, not mitigating factor in my view. It's the same as GW saying "We know Iraq has weapons of mass destruction" when he assuredly did not know that, since they didn't. I don't apologize to liars for saying they told lies, Coletti.