1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    26 May '05 05:31
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Scientific consensus has been in error more than a few times. There are examples of one person proving a theory despite opposition of the majority. It does not therefore offer much comfort to appeal to this authority.
    Damn you're right; the Earth could very well be flat no matter what those newfangled scientific theories say! Try not to fall off the edge, dimwit!
  2. Not Kansas
    Moves
    26 May '05 05:48
    Evolutiion could never invent a disco ball.
    Praise be.
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 May '05 07:59
    Originally posted by Moldy Crow
    You're an idiot .
    Is that the only thing you can come up with when you are stumped?
  4. NY
    Moves
    26 May '05 08:10
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    1 - FACTS WHICH CANNOT BE DENIED

It is commonly said that evolution and Creation are both theories. A "theory" has no definite proof in its support, only some evidence favoring it. In this book, we have found that evolution has no evidence supporting it and a ton of facts which destroy it.

But Creation is different. It has a mammoth number of facts ...[text shortened]... go, we find that bees are just like bees today!

http://evolution-facts.org/Ev-Crunch/c24.htm
    y not...
  5. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    26 May '05 14:19
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Damn you're right; the Earth could very well be flat no matter what those newfangled scientific theories say! Try not to fall off the edge, dimwit!
    You completely misread what I said. Consensus is not always wrong, of course, but it has been wrong on a disturbingly high number of occasions in the past. Consensus was once that the earth was flat. Few, if any, doubted it. How many potential errors are lurking in today's scientific theories? Are we objective enough to admit that some of them could be wrong? Isn't it a false appeal to authority for someone to say 'most scientists (at least the smart ones) are creationists' (or evolutionists, for that matter)?
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 May '05 18:06
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Someone wants to yell "Fact! Fact!" about something, you can expect someone is not going to agree. Especially on a topic like Creationism vs. Evolution.

Don't be saying 'psychology' is the reason people shoot down these false statements. I hope there is a God, but I don't need to prove the earth is 6000 years old to do that, and I don't need t ...[text shortened]... l in 6 days. I just think Bees probably evolved and there is lame proof to say otherwise.

ES
    So who pollinated the flowers while the bees were evolving?
  7. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    26 May '05 18:17
    The inability of some of these creationists to understand the concept of a dynamically evolving system astounds me!

dj2, the entire process is endogenous. To ask how a specific component at a very early time evolved, accepting as given a specific behavior at a time period much later, is just fatuous.

8. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    26 May '05 18:24
    Originally posted by telerion
    The inability of some of these creationists to understand the concept of a dynamically evolving system astounds me!

dj2, the entire process is endogenous. To ask how a specific component at a very early time evolved, accepting as given a specific behavior at a time period much later, is just fatuous.

I.E. it was dino-bees.
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 May '05 18:251 edit
    Originally posted by telerion

dj2, the entire process is endogenous. To ask how a specific component at a very early time evolved, accepting as giv ...[text shortened]... ific behavior at a time period much later, is just fatuous.

Dynamically evolving system? You speak as if it is a fact. Would you be so kind as to point out any single shread of evidence which would suggest that an evolving system is possible.

To just blindly assume that the entire process is endogenous is more fatuous. Do you have any evidence to suggest the process ever occured, never mind if it is endogenous.
  10. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    26 May '05 18:32
    go here and read this

http://koning.ecsu.ctstateu.edu/Plants_Human/pollenadapt.html
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    26 May '05 18:37
    1 - FACTS WHICH CANNOT BE DENIED

It is commonly said that evolution and Creation are both theories. A "theory" has no definite proof in its support, only some evidence favoring it. In this book, we have found that evolution has no evidence supporting it and a ton of facts which destroy it.

But Creation is different. It has a mammoth number of facts ...[text shortened]... go, we find that bees are just like bees today!

http://evolution-facts.org/Ev-Crunch/c24.htm
    This is a cut and paste post. I'll make the slight effort of locating an internet post that may or may not answer the question. It's more than dj really deserves for this post.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/vision.html
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    26 May '05 18:41
    I don't know, but other insects or animals or the wind are likely candidates. Bees are really good at pollinating their flowers, but there are many other means of getting pollen around. Pollen's not that hard to transport. Many other plants with pollen do just fine without bees.
  13. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    26 May '05 18:44
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    dj2,

i didn't realize you had just copied and pasted this entire post from the web until i got to the end. i think if you are going to quote something you should say so beforehand in a preface, rather than at the end in a coda. if i had stopped reading halfway through (as i probably should have), i would have thought they were your words.

as to t ...[text shortened]... i would be more apt to show an interest and provide some sort of coherent counter-argument.
    You're lucky he's citing the source. I went through a lot of trouble to get him to do that. He used to refuse to cite the source. I had to use search engines to find the original posts and then let everyone know this guy was plagiarizing.
  14. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    26 May '05 18:49
    Originally posted by bobbob1056th
    Is it me or has the site recently added a dot in the middle of the "o" in red hot pawn?
    Russ has sold out. Now it's "Red Hot Pawn (a subsidiary of Target)".
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 May '05 18:55
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I don't know, but other insects or animals or the wind are likely candidates. Bees are really good at pollinating their flowers, but there are many other means of getting pollen around. Pollen's not that hard to transport. Many other plants with pollen do just fine without bees.
    I am talking about the flowers that need bees for pollination.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree