This forum is ruined

This forum is ruined

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
07 Nov 10

Well this has been a revealing thread. I take two points off for bbarr. Everyone else has either played themselves or exceeded themselves on this thread , divegester.

You go away for two days and.... my gosh!!

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
07 Nov 10

Originally posted by divegeester
By two spamming idiots vishvahetu and tacoandlettuce.

You people who encourage and tolerate their trolling are not doing this site any favours.
Hey, I like having someone talk about the Vedanta, even if he's an idiot.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
07 Nov 10

Originally posted by rwingett
Divegeester is right. We used to have normal crazy people to argue against. Now we have crazy, crazy people. You used to at least be able to comprehend the argument the crazies were making. Now it's so crazy, you don't even know where to start.
Isn't it beautiful? 😵

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
07 Nov 10

Originally posted by rwingett
At least they make arguments that make sense. You can sharpen your wits against them. With taco and vishnu, you look at their posts and say...well...I guess I'll see what's happening in the debates forum.
😵

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
07 Nov 10

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
Shut the hell up, you insufferable douche bag.
Hah. You transformed into Stewie Griffin in my mind when you said that.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
07 Nov 10

Originally posted by bbarr
I take back everything rude or insulting I've ever said to you. Now that I've seen the enemy, I realize that your posts are bastions of clarity and light.
This thread...is genius. Pure genius. Picking on the unpopular kid is mean, but when he deserves it...the joy is sublime.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Nov 10

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
This thread...is genius. Pure genius. Picking on the unpopular kid is mean, but when he deserves it...the joy is sublime.
Guessing that sometimes you must probably feel like a politically incorrect three legged

man with a two legged woman, being chased around cyberspace by one legged fools.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
07 Nov 10
1 edit

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Guessing that sometimes you must probably feel like a politically incorrect three legged

man with a two legged woman, being chased around cyberspace by one legged fools.
We're gonna run out of legs soon...

That was a profound image you just painted. Props.

EDIT

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Nov 10

Originally posted by galveston75
I should stay out of this but your advice to leave one alone is something you should do from time to time. I remember you hounding me for weeks it seemed for a yes or no answer on something I explained to you in every concievable way that I could not. Just my two cents.
I'm not giving advice I'm asking robbie to take his own medicine.

As for me "hounding" you for a yes or no answer Galv, this is really irritating from you JWs; anyone reading those threads will see that you could have finished the issue on post one, with a yes or a no.

The problem was that you and robbie were in equal measure, evasive and uninformed about your own doctrines, in the end Proper Knob had to correct you both - it was a joke!

rc

Moves
07 Nov 10

Originally posted by divegeester
I'm not giving advice I'm asking robbie to take his own medicine.

As for me "hounding" you for a yes or no answer Galv, this is really irritating from you JWs; anyone reading those threads will see that you could have finished the issue on post one, with a yes or a no.

The problem was that you and robbie were in equal measure, evasive and uninfo ...[text shortened]... ed about your own doctrines, in the end Proper Knob had to correct you both - it was a joke!
you talk mince, first of all it was what do i need to get into heaven, then it was what do i need to get salvation, then it was what do i need to be saved from hell or some other mince! you had no idea even what it was you were asking, so shut upa yo face!

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
07 Nov 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
you talk mince, first of all it was what do i need to get into heaven, then it was what do i need to get salvation, then it was what do i need to be saved from hell or some other mince! you had no idea even what it was you were asking, so shut upa yo face!
Rob, spare us the 'amateur dramatics', you knew perfectly well what question was being asked. This charade your painting now is frankly a little silly.

Do you watch the Apprentice? I rarely watch tv, but i caught one episode a couple of weeks ago, the lady who got fired was one of those really annoying people you meet every now and again who can never admit they are wrong. You know the type, if something happens or goes wrong, it's somebody or something elses fault. In this show, she was useless at something she alleged she was good at ie. pitching a sale. As a result she was fired, but in her mind she concocted this fantasy that she was fired because two other people had ganged up on her when in reality she was just crap.

This scenario is the same as Divegeesters question. The reality is that you didn't know the correct answer to the question divegeester asked, you even told me that. So be a man, bite the bullet, drop the ego, show a little humility and admit that you were wrong. It's not that bad.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
07 Nov 10

Originally posted by jaywill
[b]====================================
Life in this context is to me the sum and the equilibrium per se of all the ecosystems of our planet, and in there I include all the sentient beings and the plants
====================================

You know a sentient being is a being with consciousness and can sense feeling.

Do you have ...[text shortened]... ?

Do you even believe that there COULD be sins against this highest Life?[/b]
Edit: “Do you have a sense of the preciousness of a being who has a consciousness of something that perhaps you have little consciousnesss of? “

I have the sense of the preciousness of every sentient being I perceive;

Edit: “Or are you only protective of beings who are only conscious of what you have consciousness of?”

I respect every sentient being I perceive regardless of its state of consciousness;

Edit: “If we talk about crimes against "sentient beings" I would include a concern for crimes against a sentient being with a higher consciousness and sense then man.”

Methinks first you have to establish the existence of this epistemic object and the epistemic instruments that you used in order to access it. Then you must prove that its properties are the ones you try to attribute to it;

Edit: “I think the highest sentience, the highest ability to perceive or feel was demonstrated by the man Jesus Christ. The sentience demonstrated by Jesus surpassed all other sensativity and consciousness, I think.”

I disagree;

Edit: “And when we speak of capital L Life, it was this Jesus who made that claim that He was THE Life.”

I am aware of the essence of your religious dogma. Jesus is the Life to you, not to me;

Edit: “In your concern for crimes against Life, is there any concern for crimes against the uncreated Divine Life Whose sentience is the ultimate sentience?”

The notion ”uncreated Divine Life Whose sentience is the ultimate sentience” is incomprehensible to me;

Edit: “Do you even believe that there COULD be sins against this highest Life?”

Your so called "highest Life" is not an epistemic object to me yet;
😵

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
07 Nov 10

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
My second youngest holed herself up in her room earlier today, to work on her masterpiece. About thirty minutes later, she emerged with an irrepressible smile on her face, clearly very satisfied with the results of her chef d'oeuvre. It was, in her mind, a brilliant work of interactive/multiple choice intrigue.

While the narrative allowed for s ...[text shortened]... nd in the posts of the two spammers currently in focus are too similar to dismiss out of hand.
Your enso is small😵

rc

Moves
07 Nov 10
3 edits

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Rob, spare us the 'amateur dramatics', you knew perfectly well what question was being asked. This charade your painting now is frankly a little silly.

Do you watch the Apprentice? I rarely watch tv, but i caught one episode a couple of weeks ago, the lady who got fired was one of those really annoying people you meet every now and again who can neve let, drop the ego, show a little humility and admit that you were wrong. It's not that bad.
wrong smong, he was unaware of even the import of his own question, only after certain clarifications were made did became apparent what he was actually asking, heaven, salvation and salvation from damnation are not the same thing dear Noobster, therefore i now have the pleasure of telling you to also, shut upa yo face! i have no problem admitting that i am wrong, indeed , i encourage it, it builds good relationships, makes us more empathetic when others err against us for we realise that we are also imperfect and prone to aberration, a point i have reiterated time and again on this forum, indeed, i challenge you now to tell the difference between heaven and salvation from either Armageddon or his imagined hell, whatever that is, , if you cannot nor will not answer then you shall publicly admit that the question that was originally posed by divejester was unclear and highly dubious as a result for he was imparting values to us that we did not hold and basing his question upon those wrongly assumed values!

i dont really watch tv i got a zillion better things to do with my time as i told the Sky salesman yesterday!

as for dramatics, was it not Shakespeare himself who stated, ' trust not the man who says he is more than an actor, for that lie waves like a banner above theft, murder etc '

T

Moves
07 Nov 10
2 edits