1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    08 Nov '10 02:29
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    what you 'think', Karoly Poly and what is reality are two different ideals. His question was ill conceived at best and as we endeavoured to try to answer it , it constantly changed. why, because he was assigning values to us that we do not profess, for example, do i need to join Jehovah witnesses to get to heaven? huh? clearly many were accepted ...[text shortened]... house wife, reflection of an empty world i suggest, but then again, who cares what i think.
    I knew the second I first saw his question that it was loaded and no matter how we answered it was a trap.... I hoped he would use some discernment and would think things thru some with a little spiritual insight and maybe even some curiosity and wanting to learn or at least see what our understanding was, but it's overly clear that was not his intensions.
    I was a fool for even answering him....
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Nov '10 02:34
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I knew the second I first saw his question that it was loaded and no matter how we answered it was a trap.... I hoped he would use some discernment and would think things thru some with a little spiritual insight and maybe even some curiosity and wanting to learn or at least see what our understanding was, but it's overly clear that was not his intensions.
    it was and still is a complete waste of time, no one that is interested in reason insists on a yes or no answer, that he still harps on about it with his sidekicks Noobster and Karoly Poly is evidence that indeed he was not interested in anything we would say, only in trying to find some pretence or inconsistency!
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Nov '10 02:38
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Unbelievable.
    Yes it is! 😕
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Nov '10 04:021 edit
    what you 'think', Karoly Poly and what is reality are two different ideals. His question was ill conceived at best and as we endeavoured to try to answer it , it constantly changed. why, because he was assigning values to us that we do not profess, for example, do i need to join Jehovah witnesses to get to heaven? huh? clearly many were accepted house wife, reflection of an empty world i suggest, but then again, who cares what i think.
    Ahh but whereas you see me as a gossipping housewife (not my words ladies), I see myself as being interested in each and everyones opinion on spirituality.
    I want to focus on the NOW. The people alive at the moment. Not Jesus. Not Guatama Bhudda.
    You dig?
    Feel free to call me naive, but I believe tha we all contain the godseed and hence we are all capable of reaching christ-conciousness in this life. Thats what motivates me. I believe thats what the bhuddists call a bhoddisatva- someone concerned with the enlightenment of all sentient beings.

And your post is once again just saving face. You are defending you and G75's position and your atrocious handling of that question.

I bet you wish I would just go away so you can fall back into your comfort zone. Well I got news for you.
    Having said that, you could do much worse than have me monitoring your posts. Ok?
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Nov '10 04:13
    Yes, Galvo, I understand you were doing your best to answer him. And I can see why you answered it the way you did. Nevertheless a 500+ thread was really over the top for a seemingly simple question.
    Perhaps it was a loded question, but while all the rest of the forum was probably waiting for you to see what it was loaded with, we never really got to see, because you got bogged down at trying to save face and answer the question the way the JW's would've answered it, rather than answering it yourself. Clearly your inabibility to think for yourself was revealed.
    Now having said that, I would like to remind you that I post in the spirit of love/reconcilliation and no just to start a crap fight. I dont have a beef with you guys (JW's) per se, I just want to remind you guys of certain things from time to time. Just as Robbie likes to point out that I have nothing spiritual to say, etc.

The JW's like to give, but oooohh, how they hate to take.... so defensive
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Nov '10 04:16
    it was and still is a complete waste of time, no one that is interested in reason insists on a yes or no answer, that he still harps on about it with his sidekicks Noobster and Karoly Poly is evidence that indeed he was not interested in anything we would say, only in trying to find some pretence or inconsistency!
    And you may well be right, but the forum will never know because you guys couldn't answer a simple question that any other religous person could've answered
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Nov '10 09:241 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Ahh but whereas you see me as a gossipping housewife (not my words ladies), I see myself as being interested in each and everyones opinion on spirituality.
    I want to focus on the NOW. The people alive at the moment. Not Jesus. Not Guatama Bhudda.
    You dig?
    Feel free to call me naive, but I believe tha we all contain the godseed and hence we are all ws for you.
    Having said that, you could do much worse than have me monitoring your posts. Ok?
    well let us consider the nature of some of your posts, lets see, ummmm, ah yes, who is your favourite poster, informative or purely tabloid in nature? seems to me more given to personalities than to content, but hey, what's wrong with a little constructive criticism right?

seems to me you have no concept of the flow of time, for while it is admirable that you are focusing on the present and in doing so shaping your future, the past is also important for reflecting upon and learning of our mistakes so that in time we may in the present shape a better future, indeed one of the beauties of human consciousness is that we can draw on past experiencesand learn from our mistakes, to dismiss it in terms of, 'i am purely focusing on the here and now', is to miss its point

past--->present--->future

godseed, christ consciousness, enlightenment, bhoddisatva are your concepts, so what is,

Godseed? Christ consciousness? enlightenment? i know what they are in terms of my Christianity and i can even explain them from my ancient text so that they then become not mere concepts, nor futile intellectual exercises, but practical concepts for living, does that make me enlightened, am i a bhoddisatva if i help others to do the same? I do not think for one minute that you would consider it so as your rants against us in the past have now been brought from the past, to the present and are now staring you in the face! watch out for that room full of mirrors!
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Nov '10 09:28
    And you may well be right, but the forum will never know because you guys couldn't answer a simple question that any other religous person could've answered
    to which question are you referring, heaven, hell, salvation or Armageddon? perhaps you may even be able to tell the difference, but i doubt it. we are not Sith lords we do not deal in absolutes like yes and no, but prefer reason, perhaps you might like to try it sometime!
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    08 Nov '10 14:01
    Yes, Galvo, I understand you were doing your best to answer him. And I can see why you answered it the way you did. Nevertheless a 500+ thread was really over the top for a seemingly simple question.
    Perhaps it was a loded question, but while all the rest of the forum was probably waiting for you to see what it was loaded with, we never really got to ...[text shortened]... al to say, etc.

The JW's like to give, but oooohh, how they hate to take.... so defensive
    Well the 500+ thread was not designed by me or Robbie but by the insistance by a few for a simplistic answer that does not exist as Robbie and myself have explained.
    Can you tell me if your neighbor two doors down from you will gain life erternal by what you can see of his personality, spirituality and life style? Well, neither can I. So to ask someone a question like we were asked is silly. Only God knows the heart.
    And for Robbie or myself or any other JW to be expected to answer such a loaded question without the chance to explain is not fair by any means. If we did answer with a blind yes or no then I would think for ones that have any grasp of the seriousness of that question would not appreciate such a simple answer but would use wisdom and be patient in wanting to learn anothers point of view.
    But I guess not........
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '10 15:11
    Well the 500+ thread was not designed by me or Robbie but by the insistance by a few for a simplistic answer that does not exist as Robbie and myself have explained.
    Can you tell me if your neighbor two doors down from you will gain life erternal by what you can see of his personality, spirituality and life style? Well, neither can I. So to ask someon ...[text shortened]... use wisdom and be patient in wanting to learn anothers point of view.
    But I guess not........
    A simple yes or a no would be a good start. The explanation will follow, of course.

As a scientists would be asked "Did the Universe once start at the BigBang?", and he would start the answer with a simple yes, thus eliminating any other, would satisfy the one who wanted to know. If he answered something like "Well, you see, this is a complaated question, and you wouldn't understand the answer anyway" he would be considered avoiding the question, like he didn't know himself.

The qustion is fair. A yes or no would be a good start to explain.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    08 Nov '10 16:01
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    A simple yes or a no would be a good start. The explanation will follow, of course.

As a scientists would be asked "Did the Universe once start at the BigBang?", and he would start the answer with a simple yes, thus eliminating any other, would satisfy the one who wanted to know. If he answered something like "Well, you see, this is a complaated questi ...[text shortened]... didn't know himself.

The qustion is fair. A yes or no would be a good start to explain.
    That's a silly example Fab. And that is of course assuming that the Big Bang was a fact which it isn't.
    Again can you tell me with a certian yes or no that your neighbor will be saved or not? Of course not.
  12. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    08 Nov '10 16:18
    That's a silly example Fab. And that is of course assuming that the Big Bang was a fact which it isn't.
    Again can you tell me with a certian yes or no that your neighbor will be saved or not? Of course not.
    I think FF is correct. It requires a direct yes or no answer, which you then get to qualify. hemming and hawing plays right into DG's hands. Winning a debate is about having the ability to frame the question and answer, you allowed DG to control the question for 500+ posts, when you could have easily taken the initiative away from him.
  13. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    08 Nov '10 16:381 edit
    Can you tell me if your neighbor two doors down from you will gain life erternal by what you can see of his personality, spirituality and life style? Well, neither can I. So to ask someon ...[text shortened]... use wisdom and be patient in wanting to learn anothers point of view.
    But I guess not........
    Well the 500+ thread was not designed by me or Robbie.[

This one was though.

Thread 133943
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    08 Nov '10 16:49
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    [b]Well the 500+ thread was not designed by me or Robbie.[

This one was though.

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?subject=%40deucer_and_divegeester_and_how_you_get_to_heaven&threadid=133943[/b]
    An easier way to reference that is [threadid] [/threadid].
  15. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    08 Nov '10 16:52
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    An easier way to reference that is [threadid] [/threadid].
    Thank you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree