This inquiring mind would like to know.

This inquiring mind would like to know.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t

Moves
21 Oct 10

Originally posted by amannion
Okay, but apart from your recall - which of course you must know is suspect, our memory being easily impressionable and not entirely accurate - what's the evidence for past lives?
Your right, what's the evidence of such?

Just disregard my inquiry, and I am sorry to waste your time.

u
Sharp Edge

Dulling my blade

Moves
21 Oct 10
2 edits

Reincarnation or some variation on it - which seems to be where you're going with 'have we experienced this all before?' - also fits into the supernatural.
An interesting thought occurs. I think reincarnation does not have to be solely a supernatural aspect. If all material/energy is recycled then the matter that makes us has been used before in previous lives. Seeing has how memory is simply a reaction of material interacting (all the neurons in the brain) I don't see how we can really come up with a definitive answer for reincarnation/remembering past lives. What is on the more speculative is a concrete, self (or self image) that is reincarnated.

a
Andrew Mannion

Melbourne, Australia

Moves
21 Oct 10

Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
Your right, what's the evidence of such?

Just disregard my inquiry, and I am sorry to waste your time.
Oh so now you're sorry about time wasting?
Well maybe you should also apologise the other posters who's threads you've hijacked over the past few weeks.
You've been wasting their time too. Are you sorry about that?

a
Andrew Mannion

Melbourne, Australia

Moves
21 Oct 10

Originally posted by ua41
An interesting thought occurs. I think reincarnation does not have to be solely a supernatural aspect. If all material/energy is recycled then the matter that makes us has been used before in previous lives. Seeing has how memory is simply a reaction of material interacting (all the neurons in the brain) I don't see how we can really come up with a definitive a ...[text shortened]... ives. What is on the more speculative is a concrete, self (or self image) that is reincarnated.
Interesting thoughts, and in a simplistic sense, yes, all of our atoms are recycled when we die.
I'm no neuroscientist, but I think memory is a very complex interaction of many nerve cells and the process of death - with the subsequent breakdown of those cells - is not likely to leave any possibility of that memory remaining.
But I take your point ...

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
21 Oct 10

Hey tacoandlettuce, if I do undergo reincarnation, will you and Vishvahetu not be here next time?

t

Moves
21 Oct 10

Oh so now you're sorry about time wasting?
Well maybe you should also apologise the other posters who's threads you've hijacked over the past few weeks.
You've been wasting their time too. Are you sorry about that?
and u r forgiven

t

Moves
21 Oct 10

Interesting thoughts, and in a simplistic sense, yes, all of our atoms are recycled when we die.
I'm no neuroscientist, but I think memory is a very complex interaction of many nerve cells and the process of death - with the subsequent breakdown of those cells - is not likely to leave any possibility of that memory remaining.
But I take your point ...
What you fail to recognize is that cells of any nature, and any concept of a material base is so far from ones actual being, and true body, being spirituality is the only rEAlity of man (the flesh warreth the spirit/lie wars the truth/ignorance wars intelligence), and is why man ages and dies, they not knowing their true being.

a
Andrew Mannion

Melbourne, Australia

Moves
21 Oct 10

What you fail to recognize is that cells of any nature, and any concept of a material base is so far from ones actual being, and true body, being spirituality is the only rEAlity of man (the flesh warreth the spirit/lie wars the truth/ignorance wars intelligence), and is why man ages and dies, they not knowing their true being.
Yeah right, thanks for that.
Maybe you could go back to fairy world and frollick with all the other free spirits and leave us serious people to talk about serious things.
There's a good boy ...

t

Moves
21 Oct 10

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
Hey tacoandlettuce, if I do undergo reincarnation, will you and Vishvahetu not be here next time?
avalanchkitty

Just what is it that you find offensive with me sharing a point of view that could eliminate much of your conditioned influence to things that do you no good, and I desire to open your eyes to see you are way more than you have imagined yourself to be?

For instance, what if I told you that one day, if you had such a desire, that you could be healing other people from cancer, or many other ailments mankind finds to be true?

That your abilities are without restraint, and your potential is limitless, it is you and your developed "acceptance" of what you know to be true that keeps you from KNOWING you. And, if you know not Christ as your SAVIOUR.

t

Moves
21 Oct 10
1 edit

Yeah right, thanks for that.
Maybe you could go back to fairy world and frollick with all the other free spirits and leave us serious people to talk about serious things.
There's a good boy ...
Serious in everything that will lead you to NOTHING?

What is this Forum called? SPIRITUALITY, correct?

hmmmmmmm

why tht?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
21 Oct 10

avalanchkitty

Just what is it that you find offensive with me sharing a point of view that could eliminate much of your conditioned influence to things that do you no good, and I desire to open your eyes to see you are way more than you have imagined yourself to be?

For instance, what if I told you that one day, if you had such a desire, that yo ...[text shortened]... know to be true that keeps you from KNOWING you. And, if you know not Christ as your SAVIOUR.
My dear chilli salad sandwich. I wouldn't say I find your posting offensive. I do find it rather ridiculous however. Your rambling insensible long posts are filled to bursting with irrelevant bible quotes which you seem to barely understand yourself combined with bizarre claims and predictions which are so far divorced from reality that I feel confident you don't believe them any more than I do. Then there are your short posts, which, as I may have said before, you seem to tack witlessly and endlessly onto other active threads presumably because you gain some sort of gratification from seeing your own name repeated over and over again on a computer screen. Frankly, I think you've got a couple of screws loose somewhere up there and I feel that the quality of discussion in this forum was far, far higher before you started swamping it with your laughable brand of 'wisdom'.

a
Andrew Mannion

Melbourne, Australia

Moves
21 Oct 10

Serious in everything that will lead you to NOTHING?

What is this Forum called? SPIRITUALITY, correct?

hmmmmmmm

why tht?
Not sure what tht is, but what this is, is a discussion about spirituality. What is it? What does it mean? How does it manifest to you?
What it isn't is some barrow to push your ill-considered, idiotic, and intemperate beliefs ...

t

Moves
21 Oct 10
1 edit

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
My dear chilli salad sandwich. I wouldn't say I find your posting offensive. I do find it rather ridiculous however. Your rambling insensible long posts are filled to bursting with irrelevant bible quotes which you seem to barely understand yourself combined with bizarre claims and predictions which are so far divorced from reality that I f m was far, far higher before you started swamping it with your laughable brand of 'wisdom'.
If I understood not Jesus' teachings I would not have been able to heal the woman I had of cancer 10 yrs ago. I set her free from what supposedly was to take her life, however it was a lie of her, that I eliminated by my understanding, and only offer you and everyone else in here the opportunity to as well.

If I had not understood Jesus' teachings I would not have been completely ok after being hit by a car going at least 20 mph off a freeway intersection, while I was crossing a nearby green light that he would have went through. I also had a baseball game the very next day and made a run in, not home run, after being hit by that car. I was 11

If I had not understood Jesus' teachings I would not have been completely ok after my brother shut the door on my left foot, severing my pinky toe, that had overlapped onto my foot as I had acknowledged it by the drag of the carpet as I entered into the house, and when I looked at the pool of blood around it, I laughed, -knowing- that I was no part of a material concept to have some sort of discomfort, and my parents freaked out, but I said to them "Hey guys, I'm fine, we rely on the Lord, right?", as they looked at me in amazement and said "Yes son, you're right!"
My Dad bandaged it up and I walked on it for 3 weeks straight, never needing to goto any Hospital for stitches, and when I took the bandage off 3 wks ltr the blood was on it, but my toe was COMPLETELY restored with not a scar. I was 9

If I had not understood Jesus' teachings I would not have been completely ok after a man, 8 yrs ago, had stabbed me with shearing scissors 7 inches deep in my chest 6 times, which punctured my Liver, and Pancreas, and 1 right beside my heart, like it moved over to be missed by the shank, and another in my navel, and 2 other in chest, twice in my lft. arm, severing 2 tendons, and they had to (the Hospital I did this time go, the paramedics came) cut into my arm, the Dr., so he could connect the tendons, creating a "Z" on my arm for Zion, and once in the back, to which I was out of the Hospital 6 days later, and never any form of meds did I have nor pain.
The Dr.s were amazed with me, and brought in about 15 while I first was seen, and placed on a propped gurney and I laughed when they brought in a Preacher to pray his last words to me, not at him, but at the moment of hilariousness to see they thought I was going to pass, which was hysterical.

Shall I continue?

t

Moves
21 Oct 10
1 edit

Not sure what tht is, but what this is, is a discussion about spirituality. What is it? What does it mean? How does it manifest to you?
What it isn't is some barrow to push your ill-considered, idiotic, and intemperate beliefs ...
u can scroll up to my last reply to avalanch'nkittynesses

a
Andrew Mannion

Melbourne, Australia

Moves
21 Oct 10

If I understood not Jesus' teachings I would not have been able to heal the woman I had of cancer 10 yrs ago. I set her free from what supposedly was to take her life, however it was a lie of her, that I eliminated by my understanding, and only offer you and everyone else in here the opportunity to as well.

If I had not understood Jesus' teachings ...[text shortened]... to see they thought I was going to pass, which was hysterical.

Shall I continue?
Please no more ...
Do you think you're the first person to have been hit by a car and not be seriously hurt? Do you think you're the first person to be stabbed and survive?
I'm keen to know how you are sure that you cured this person of her cancer.
Each of these events you mention are either explainable or delusional.
What do you think your constant, nagging, post after post after post of saying the same thing over and over is going to do, other than piss a whole lot of people off?
You and vishna make the same mistake - simply telling people you have the answer to everything and they should give up on their efforts and follow you is pointless and aggravating. You need to provide evidence for your position. If it is a string position, if it's one that has evidence to support and convince the rest of us heathens, then show us. Tell us what this incontravertible evidence is.
Otherwise, please, for all of our sanity, shut up ...