1. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    21 Oct '10 23:48
    Originally posted by amannion
    Please no more ...
    Do you think you're the first person to have been hit by a car and not be seriously hurt? Do you think you're the first person to be stabbed and survive?
    I'm keen to know how you are sure that you cured this person of her cancer.
    Each of these events you mention are either explainable or delusional.
    What do you think your constant, n ...[text shortened]... at this incontravertible evidence is.
    Otherwise, please, for all of our sanity, shut up ...
    I shall, and it will be in a book, for I have not the time at this cafe to share it of my words, however I have what you are asking and here it is.

You typed >> "You need to provide evidence for your position. If it is a string position, if it's one that has evidence to support and convince the rest of us heathens, then show us."

Well

The Scriptures say, "In Him we live, and move, and
    have our being." What then is this seeming power, in-
    dependent of God, which causes disease and

cures it? What is it but an error of belief,--
    a law of mortal mind, wrong in every sense,
    embracing sin, sickness, and death? It is the very anti-
    pode of immortal Mind, of Truth, and of spiritual law.
    It is not in accordance with the goodness of God's char-
    acter that He should make man sick, then leave man to
    heal himself; it is absurd to suppose that matter can both
    cause and cure disease, or that Spirit, God, produces
    disease and leaves the remedy to matter.

John Young of Edinburgh writes: "God is the father
    of mind, and of nothing else." Such an utterance is
    "the voice of one crying in the wilderness" of human
    beliefs and preparing the way of Science. Let us learn
    of the real and eternal, and prepare for the reign of
    Spirit, the kingdom of heaven,--the reign and rule of
    universal harmony, which cannot be lost nor remain
    forever unseen.

Mind, not matter, is causation. A material body
    only expresses a material and mortal mind. A mortal
    man possesses this body, and he makes it
    harmonious or discordant according to the
    images of thought impressed upon it. You embrace
    your body in your thought, and you should delineate
    upon it thoughts of health, not of sickness. You should
    banish all thoughts of disease and sin and of other beliefs

included in matter. Man, being immortal, has a perfect
    indestructible life. It is the mortal belief which makes
    the body discordant and diseased in proportion as igno-
    rance, fear, or human will governs mortals.

Mind, supreme over all its formations and governing
    them all, is the central sun of its own systems of ideas,
    the life and light of all its own vast creation;

and man is tributary to divine Mind. The
    material and mortal body or mind is not the man.
    The world would collapse without Mind, without the in-
    telligence which holds the winds in its grasp. Neither
    philosophy nor skepticism can hinder the march of the
    Science which reveals the supremacy of Mind. The im-
    manent sense of Mind-power enhances the glory of Mind.

Nearness, not distance, lends enchantment to this view.
    The compounded minerals or aggregated substances
    composing the earth, the relations which constituent
    masses hold to each other, the magnitudes,

distances, and revolutions of the celestial
    bodies, are of no real importance, when we remember
    that they all must give place to the spiritual fact by the
    translation of man and the universe back into Spirit. In
    proportion as this is done, man and the universe will be
    found harmonious and eternal.

Material substances or mundane formations, astro-
    nomical calculations, and all the paraphernalia of specu-
    lative theories, based on the hypothesis of material law
    or life and intelligence resident in matter, will ulti-
    mately vanish, swallowed up in the infinite calculus of
    Spirit.
  2. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    21 Oct '10 23:51
    It's like, when you have some cut and you dwell upon it, it inflames, right? Yet, when you think nothing on the cut, it dissipates much quicker, same with time, as all IS consciousness.
  3. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    22 Oct '10 00:06
    Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
    I shall, and it will be in a book, for I have not the time at this cafe to share it of my words, however I have what you are asking and here it is.

You typed >> "You need to provide evidence for your position. If it is a string position, if it's one that has evidence to support and convince the rest of us heathens, then show us."

Well

...[text shortened]... ill ulti-
    mately vanish, swallowed up in the infinite calculus of
    Spirit.
    No, you misunderstand.
    I'm not after pseudo-spiritual goobledygook. I want some verifiable evidence of your claims.
    No need to quote me biblical scriptures - that aint verifiable.
    Try again ...
  4. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    22 Oct '10 00:082 edits
    No, you misunderstand.
    I'm not after pseudo-spiritual goobledygook. I want some verifiable evidence of your claims.
    No need to quote me biblical scriptures - that aint verifiable.
    Try again ...
    Oh I completely understand you could give a rats ass to your well being, that is what I can comprehend.

Nothing of what I posted before this is from getting out of the scriptures, however there is talk about a few verses. You have obviously not read anything it regards.
  5. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    22 Oct '10 00:265 edits
    Tacoandlettuce...your Bible scriptures have as much evidential utility as "The Hobbit".

Do you seriously think atheists are gonna stand back and think to themselves...
    "some strange internet dude who can barely string togeter a coherent sentence claims to have been involved in miracles and promises we'll all have magical powers and be able to fart twinkle dust; and behold he's got irrefutable evidence by way of some modern human translation of an ancient book which must absolutely be true cos it says so --- balls to athiesm!!!"

I'll let you into a little secret, not that I speak for anyone else here but whenever any theist feels they need to throw some heart warming or plain old random scripture at me that wasn't asked for, perhaps talking about Jesus's imminent return, god's everlasting love, angels & magic swords, etc... I almost always ignore it Reveal Hidden Content
    (special cases arise when such scripture is relevant to my conversations - does not apply to you)
    , completely!!! Reveal Hidden Content
    well almost completely (since I have to at least be able to recall that they posted such crap for this comment to make sense) ;]
  6. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    22 Oct '10 00:52
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Tacoandlettuce...your Bible scriptures have as much evidential utility as "The Hobbit".

Do you seriously think atheists are gonna stand back and think to themselves...
    [i]"some strange internet dude who can barely string togeter a coherent sentence claims to have been involved in miracles and promises we'll all have magical powers and be able to fart twink ...[text shortened]... scripture is relevant to my conversations - does not apply to you)[/hidden], completely.
    LOL

It wasn't scripture, it was keys to understand the scripture, but more over, it IS what millions have learned of themselves which in turn has had them lose eyeglasses if need be, crutches, wheelchairs, sickbeds and their $60,000 if not more, bills, while they stay incarcerated to that lousy place, but at least it's meant for their well being, and they mean well, Hospitals, that is, and much much more of insight that alleviates all the BS man has accumulated of ignorant conditioned, erroneous and influenced beliefs claimed to be so, that scientists have done much research on, but are not aware that they are the responsible party for causing the dis-ease, for the one looking for the cause and it's belief IS the manifestation of the stupid LIE, and the father of it is it's creator from the beginning of such it's influence to be so.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Oct '10 00:54
    I am curious of something and would like to hear your, (each one of you), take on the possibility that we all have done this before.

That's right, experienced each different individual on this site once, no not once, nor twice, but I am of assurance, at LEAST -five- times of the transition of, what all have claimed to be, Life, yet is most assuredl ...[text shortened]... ast individual ever created (the rays of the sun - image and likeness)! =]
    Glue sniffing is no substitute for meditation my friend.
  8. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    22 Oct '10 00:57
    Oh I completely understand you could give a rats ass to your well being, that is what I can comprehend.

Nothing of what I posted before this is from getting out of the scriptures, however there is talk about a few verses. You have obviously not read anything it regards.
    I'm very concerned about my well being,so you comprehend nothing. I don't need some bad arse dude in the sky to rub his magic crystal ball and make everything nice. I don't need some fairy unicorn creatures to tell me that death is just the beginning and that theres some magical cloud world where everyone is happy, forever.
    I get my well being from my interactions with my fellow humans - my family, friends, acquaintances, and even from my interactions with internet pod people like yourself. I get my well being from an attempt to understand the world around me, and not hide my head in the sand. I get my well being from an acceptance of the wonder of the actual world that exists, this is my spirituality - when I'm climbing a mountain, or camping by a river, or surfing a 'magical' swell, or sitting in my car listening to some great music, or riding my bike through the city streets, or reading a book. This reality, which I accept will end, for me at least, but that I might go on through my relationships with others and the affect that I have on others.
    That's my well being.
  9. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    22 Oct '10 00:59
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Glue sniffing is no substitute for meditation my friend.
    Yo, I have been so HIGH before, and it was not any false euphoria high that man has invented of the many trash ones one earth, that a dobi one time went to lunge at my face, to which when his mouth was over my face, I felt his upper tooth on my nose, and his lower on my chin, he could not bite down, and ran like a bat out of hell, while the 2 other dobis were in a state of confusion at that incident. It was as if he kissed me, and this high is the only NATURAL high, that being SPIRITUAL.

Now, THAT'S a High!
  10. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    22 Oct '10 01:00
    I'm very concerned about my well being,so you comprehend nothing. I don't need some bad arse dude in the sky to rub his magic crystal ball and make everything nice. I don't need some fairy unicorn creatures to tell me that death is just the beginning and that theres some magical cloud world where everyone is happy, forever.
    I get my well being from my inte ...[text shortened]... my relationships with others and the affect that I have on others.
    That's my well being.
    I'm sorry, you actually deserve a whole lot better
  11. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    22 Oct '10 01:45
    I'm sorry, you actually deserve a whole lot better
    I don't think I deserve anything.
    I exist ... I experience ... I interact with and relate to other people and the world around me.
    I don't need or deserve anything more.
  12. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    22 Oct '10 23:04
    I don't think I deserve anything.
    I exist ... I experience ... I interact with and relate to other people and the world around me.
    I don't need or deserve anything more.
    You deserve the TRUTH of how magnificently wonderful you ACTUALLY are.

As any one on this earth does...
  13. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    23 Oct '10 02:40
    You deserve the TRUTH of how magnificently wonderful you ACTUALLY are.

As any one on this earth does...
    I actually already think I'm pretty wonderful, so I'm cool on that front. I'll say again, I don't deserve anything. I get what I get.
    And in terms of truth - I don't want, and never will accept, any truth that resembles what comes out of your belief system.
  14. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    23 Oct '10 02:43
    I -gaurantEE- you that one Grand day you will eat those words.
  15. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    23 Oct '10 03:58
    I -gaurantEE- you that one Grand day you will eat those words.
    I'm absolutely certain I won't.
    And god and the holy spirit and all of the ghosts and monsters and goblins and fairies and vampires and easter bunnies can go and f..k themselves.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree