1. Maryland
    Moves
    27 Feb '16 20:45
    Can god punish his minions merely for certain thoughts? If so, as per Christopher Hitchens, this is worse than the North Korean dictatorship!
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Feb '16 21:55
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Can god punish his minions merely for certain thoughts? If so, as per Christopher Hitchens, this is worse than the North Korean dictatorship!
    God apparently punishes for merely being human. Several theists on this forum have stated that merely being human is an offence to God.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Feb '16 23:49
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    God apparently punishes for merely being human. Several theists on this forum have stated that merely being human is an offence to God.
    surely this is some human 'spirituality' masquerading as wisdom. More mixed poison from the bible
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    28 Feb '16 00:37
    One of the "holier than thou" god-squad said that it was only god that prevented
    them from murdering and raping. So presumably their thoughts are punishable?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '16 01:071 edit
    Can god punish his minions merely for certain thoughts?
    Many Christians clearly contend that if they think they will be "saved" [because they think Jesus' "sacrifice" was "redemptive"], which means they think they will experience an eternal afterlife. The converse of thinking these things is they will either [1] be tortured by being incinerated for eternity, or [2] not be immortal and, instead, will simply cease to exist when they die. It seems clear to me that, seeing as [2] is what has happened to every single human being throughout human history, as a 'punishment' for something or other, it's moot. However, [1] is clearly a (perceived) punishment for (perceived) thoughtcrimes
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Feb '16 08:101 edit
    I have repeatedly asserted in this forum, that believing in the teaching that God loves people so so so...much, that those who don't love him back will be supernaturally kept alive by him, and burnt in a specially created place for all eternity while Jesus and his angels watch...is the single worst notion that a human being can conceive, and is infinitely worse that what Muslim terrorists do to the their version of infidels.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Feb '16 08:11
    I predict that none of the "eternal suffering" brigade will enter this thread.

I also predict that I will have some new horrible insults aimed at me for contributing to this thread.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Feb '16 08:49
    Just engaging in a little harmless trolling? You can probably guess how this will be greeted.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Feb '16 08:51
    Originally posted by FMF
    Many Christians clearly contend that if they [b]think they will be "saved" [because they think Jesus' "sacrifice" was "redemptive"], which means they think they will experience an eternal afterlife. The converse of thinking these things is they will either [1] be tortured by being incinerated for eternity, or [2] not be immortal and, ins ...[text shortened]... it's moot. However, [1] is clearly a (perceived) punishment for (perceived) thoughtcrimes[/b]
    What you think doesn't change what is.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Feb '16 08:54
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I have repeatedly asserted in this forum, that believing in the teaching that God loves people so so so...much, that those who don't love him back will be supernaturally kept alive by him, and burnt in a specially created place for all eternity while Jesus and his angels watch...is the single worst notion that a human being can conceive, and is infinitely worse that what Muslim terrorists do to the their version of infidels.
    Yeah, yeah, we've heard it a billion times from you, and we equally know that you consider holding these views to be tantamount to having a Hitler-esque mindset, and presumably, you think this also gives you carte blanche to insult them and treat them like criminals. Yeah, we get it. Some of us don't agree, but we get it.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Feb '16 08:55

I also predict that I will have some new horrible insults aimed at me for contributing to this thread.
    Why should you be the only one insulting others for what they believe?
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Feb '16 08:58

Actually, the OP beat you to it.

I doubt if any of them will show up after that, either. They can see the "handwriting on the wall", too. We really aren't partial to diving into hate threads.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '16 10:081 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    What you [b]think doesn't change what is.[/b]
    I am just contributing to the discussion. Just telling me that what you think is different from what I think ~ in this petulant style you rely so heavily on [also demonstrated in the other posts of yours on this thread page] ~ is not much of a contribution. I hope there are other Christians more able than you to address the notion that the OP has raised. 😉
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Feb '16 12:20
    Yeah, yeah, we've heard it a billion times from you, and we equally know that you consider holding these views to be tantamount to having a Hitler-esque mindset, and presumably, you think this also gives you carte blanche to insult them and treat them like criminals. Yeah, we get it. Some of us don't agree, but we get it.
    Hitler...criminals...🙄
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Feb '16 12:231 edit
    Actually, the OP beat you to it.

I doubt if any of them will show up after that, either. They can see the "handwriting on the wall", too. We really aren't partial to diving into hate threads.
    You say "we", but you are not one of the "eternal suffering brigade" are you?

None of the eternal suffering believing (so called) Christians will defend their belief in this thread because they are too ashamed of it and cannot defend it. They will just bide their time and take a snide swing at me at a later date, probably by hiding behind a biblical scripture like jospehw did recently.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree