1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    30 Jul '17 16:11
    There are two groups of people numbering exactly the same.

    In one group are friends and family peacefully enjoying the day. The other group is about to slaughter your friends and family.

    In your post to this thread you decide what happens. If you say you kill the aggressors state that you'd defend your friends and family. No other means will save them. You prrsonally must do the killing.

    If you do not defend, then you choose to watch your friends and family die while you do nothing. For those of you who believe in God, he has put you there and given you this chance. Do you defend or do nothing?
  2. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    30 Jul '17 16:34
    Originally posted by @eladar
    There are two groups of people numbering exactly the same.

    In one group are friends and family peacefully enjoying the day. The other group is about to slaughter your friends and family.

    In your post to this thread you decide what happens. If you say you kill the aggressors state that you'd defend your friends and family. No other means will save them ...[text shortened]... who believe in God, he has put you there and given you this chance. Do you defend or do nothing?
    Defend and kill them all. It is what God would expect you to do. Then I would thank God for giving me the ability to do so.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    30 Jul '17 16:44
    Originally posted by @checkbaiter
    Defend and kill them all. It is what God would expect you to do. Then I would thank God for giving me the ability to do so.
    I would defend as well.

    My bet is that we will see few libs respond.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    8514
    30 Jul '17 16:59
    Originally posted by @eladar
    I would defend as well.

    My bet is that we will see few libs respond.
    Defend, obviously.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    30 Jul '17 17:28
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Defend, obviously.
    Wow, I am surprised. I wonder how many others of this forum would follow suit.
  6. SubscriberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    51438
    30 Jul '17 18:18
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Wow, I am surprised. I wonder how many others of this forum would follow suit.
    You're surprised that someone would chose to defend their friends and family from people who'd wish to kill them?
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    30 Jul '17 18:24
    Originally posted by @proper-knob
    You're surprised that someone would chose to defend their friends and family from people who'd wish to kill them?
    You didn't.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91540
    31 Jul '17 00:18
    Originally posted by @eladar
    There are two groups of people numbering exactly the same.

    In one group are friends and family peacefully enjoying the day. The other group is about to slaughter your friends and family.

    In your post to this thread you decide what happens. If you say you kill the aggressors state that you'd defend your friends and family. No other means will save them ...[text shortened]... who believe in God, he has put you there and given you this chance. Do you defend or do nothing?
    defend obviously.

    however there are way too many other variables here.
    the buddha supposedly stopped a mass murderer who became a convert to Buddhism,
    He did that just by looking at the guy
  9. Standard memberchaney3
    Bring it on.......
    Joined
    26 Dec '14
    Moves
    29687
    31 Jul '17 00:19
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    defend obviously.

    however there are way too many other variables here.
    the buddha supposedly stopped a mass murderer who became a convert to Buddhism,
    He did that just by looking at the guy
    Sounds like a bogus story.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    31 Jul '17 00:19
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    defend obviously.

    however there are way too many other variables here.
    the buddha supposedly stopped a mass murderer who became a convert to Buddhism,
    He did that just by looking at the guy
    Would that make you evil for killing others?
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91540
    31 Jul '17 00:20
    what about subdue and rehabilitate?
  12. Standard memberchaney3
    Bring it on.......
    Joined
    26 Dec '14
    Moves
    29687
    31 Jul '17 00:22
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    what about subdue and rehabilitate?
    What about put down your marijuana and post clearly.
  13. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    31 Jul '17 00:26
    Originally posted by @eladar
    There are two groups of people numbering exactly the same. In one group are friends and family peacefully enjoying the day. The other group is about to slaughter your friends and family. In your post to this thread you decide what happens.
    I would sit down and try to discuss the complicated situation with the group about to slaughter my friends and family and, in so doing, avoid the violent-outcome-only assumptions built into your thought game. It'd be a win-win solution. Maybe my friends and family, who were peacefully enjoying the da,y would end up peacefully enjoying the day, in an unexpected spirit of friendship, with the group that had been about to slaughter them. Meanwhile, my family and friends might learn to empathize with those who have aggressive feelings towards them. I'd see the dilemma you describe as an opportunity for all those involved.
  14. Standard memberchaney3
    Bring it on.......
    Joined
    26 Dec '14
    Moves
    29687
    31 Jul '17 00:28
    Originally posted by @fmf
    I would sit down and try to discuss the complicated situation with the group about to slaughter my friends and family and, in so doing, avoid the violent-outcome-only assumptions built into your thought game. It'd be a win-win solution. Maybe my friends and family, who were peacefully enjoying the da,y would end up peacefully enjoying the day, in an unexpected ...[text shortened]... eelings towards them. I'd see the dilemma you describe as an opportunity for all those involved.
    I just puked.
  15. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    31 Jul '17 00:49
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    I just puked.
    Too much vodka?
Back to Top