1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    30 Jul '17 16:11
    There are two groups of people numbering exactly the same.

In one group are friends and family peacefully enjoying the day. The other group is about to slaughter your friends and family.

In your post to this thread you decide what happens. If you say you kill the aggressors state that you'd defend your friends and family. No other means will save them. You prrsonally must do the killing.

If you do not defend, then you choose to watch your friends and family die while you do nothing. For those of you who believe in God, he has put you there and given you this chance. Do you defend or do nothing?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Jul '17 16:34
    Originally posted by @eladar

In one group are friends and family peacefully enjoying the day. The other group is about to slaughter your friends and family.

In your post to this thread you decide what happens. If you say you kill the aggressors state that you'd defend your friends and family. No other means will save them ...[text shortened]... who believe in God, he has put you there and given you this chance. Do you defend or do nothing?
    Defend and kill them all. It is what God would expect you to do. Then I would thank God for giving me the ability to do so.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    30 Jul '17 16:44
    Originally posted by @checkbaiter
    Defend and kill them all. It is what God would expect you to do. Then I would thank God for giving me the ability to do so.
    I would defend as well.

My bet is that we will see few libs respond.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Jul '17 16:59
    I would defend as well.

My bet is that we will see few libs respond.
    Defend, obviously.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    30 Jul '17 17:28
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Defend, obviously.
    Wow, I am surprised. I wonder how many others of this forum would follow suit.
  6. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    30 Jul '17 18:18
    Wow, I am surprised. I wonder how many others of this forum would follow suit.
    You're surprised that someone would chose to defend their friends and family from people who'd wish to kill them?
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    30 Jul '17 18:24
    Originally posted by @proper-knob
    You're surprised that someone would chose to defend their friends and family from people who'd wish to kill them?
    You didn't.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Jul '17 00:18

In your post to this thread you decide what happens. If you say you kill the aggressors state that you'd defend your friends and family. No other means will save them ...[text shortened]... who believe in God, he has put you there and given you this chance. Do you defend or do nothing?
    defend obviously.

however there are way too many other variables here.
    the buddha supposedly stopped a mass murderer who became a convert to Buddhism,
    He did that just by looking at the guy
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jul '17 00:19
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    defend obviously.

Sounds like a bogus story.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '17 00:19
    defend obviously.

Would that make you evil for killing others?
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Jul '17 00:20
    what about subdue and rehabilitate?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jul '17 00:22
    what about subdue and rehabilitate?
    What about put down your marijuana and post clearly.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Jul '17 00:26
    There are two groups of people numbering exactly the same. In one group are friends and family peacefully enjoying the day. The other group is about to slaughter your friends and family. In your post to this thread you decide what happens.
    I would sit down and try to discuss the complicated situation with the group about to slaughter my friends and family and, in so doing, avoid the violent-outcome-only assumptions built into your thought game. It'd be a win-win solution. Maybe my friends and family, who were peacefully enjoying the da,y would end up peacefully enjoying the day, in an unexpected spirit of friendship, with the group that had been about to slaughter them. Meanwhile, my family and friends might learn to empathize with those who have aggressive feelings towards them. I'd see the dilemma you describe as an opportunity for all those involved.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jul '17 00:28
    Originally posted by @fmf
    I would sit down and try to discuss the complicated situation with the group about to slaughter my friends and family and, in so doing, avoid the violent-outcome-only assumptions built into your thought game. It'd be a win-win solution. Maybe my friends and family, who were peacefully enjoying the da,y would end up peacefully enjoying the day, in an unexpected ...[text shortened]... eelings towards them. I'd see the dilemma you describe as an opportunity for all those involved.
    I just puked.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 Jul '17 00:49
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    I just puked.
    Too much vodka?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree