1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Jul '17 04:522 edits
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    A hippy, pot smoking Hindu?
    Alrighty then.
    I'm also wholistically minded, a pacifist, a feminist , loving, emotional, loud mouthed and outspoken- just to name a few. I dont know anyone who likes to be labelled by just 3 word ideas.
    And I do believe the only thing you can count on is change.
    Yes, change.
    51 years ago the indegenous peoples of this continent were not even considered people. They got the vote, and hence recognition as 'real people' in 1967.
    Things are changing exponentially and the things you thought were stable and immutable will start to crumble. Are already crumbling.

Coming form a place of love is much harder than coming from a place of fear (division)
    "God" wants a win-win scenario for all sentient beings. Do you agree with this or do you think that "God" limits his love to bible regurgitators?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Jul '17 04:58
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Good advice 🙂
    Using milk to limit the effects of alcohol is pure crap.

The milk curdles, making you even more sick to your stomach.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Jul '17 05:07
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Using milk to limit the effects of alcohol is pure crap.

The milk curdles, making you even more sick to your stomach.
    Not if you drink it an hour or two before the boozing starts. It's a well known trick.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '17 05:34
    Most food would work, it slows the absorption of the alcohol.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    31 Jul '17 07:18
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    Jesus drank, so I ignore you.
    Let us separate 'drinking' and 'drunkenness.'
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    31 Jul '17 07:21
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel

So how long since you went without a drink?
    I believe he put down his glass to light a cigarette.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 Jul '17 11:43
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    I believe he put down his glass to light a cigarette.
    Classic 😀
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    31 Jul '17 14:173 edits
    Originally posted by @eladar
    There are two groups of people numbering exactly the same.

In one group are friends and family peacefully enjoying the day. The other group is about to slaughter your friends and family.

In your post to this thread you decide what happens. If you say you kill the aggressors state that you'd defend your friends and family. No other means will save them ...[text shortened]... who believe in God, he has put you there and given you this chance. Do you defend or do nothing?
    You have lumped defending and killing into the same category. That's just not cricket old chap.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '17 14:20
    Originally posted by @christopher-albon
    You have lumped defending and killing into the same category. That's just not cricket old chap.
    Killing in the name of defense is still killing. The same number of people die.

In this case, the dead are your friends and family.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    31 Jul '17 14:213 edits

All your thought experiment really asks is. Would you murder a group of people?
    In such an act you lose yourself and the respect of your family. Lose-Lose.

edit. The real question to be asked is what git told you they their intentions and what was that gits intentions?

edit. If it was a hypothetical 'God' that set this up, I would hypothetically stab 'him' in the face instead.

nuver edit. A Christian 'God' wouldn't do that. 'He (more likely She)' Would send a messenger to sort out the mess before it got to that stage.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Jul '17 22:31

You could just shoot them in the legs if you had to ...
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Jul '17 23:45
    In my handling of this case, my family lives on unscathed, and nobody is killed. In fact, my family and their would-be attackers all end up friends.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Aug '17 00:33
    Originally posted by @fmf
    In my handling of this case, my family lives on unscathed, and nobody is killed. In fact, my family and their would-be attackers all end up friends.
    Then after a few drinks together both sides decide to go after the evil SOB who devised this no-win scenario in the first place 🙂
  14. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    01 Aug '17 01:201 edit

If all your family is saved then to die is gain. Those people who are going to hurt your family and friends don't know God yet and you kill them they will be lost for all eternity. If they get away with it maybe they'll find Jesus eventually. On the other hand your family will already be with Jesus.
  15. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    01 Aug '17 08:15
    There are two groups of people numbering exactly the same.

In one group are friends and family peacefully enjoying the day. The other group is about to slaughter your friends and family.

In your post to this thread you decide what happens. If you say you kill the aggressors state that you'd defend your friends and family. No other means will save them ...[text shortened]... who believe in God, he has put you there and given you this chance. Do you defend or do nothing?
    You utterly ridiculous person. I choose to strangle the idiot making up the facile 'thought' game. Yes it's a murder, but it's a mercy-killing and it benefits the whole of society.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree