1. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    24 Aug '08 03:58
    I started a thread Thread 99051about the morality of ketchup on fish and mayonnaise on hamburgers--both of which should be anathema to all true believers in good food--and it was threadjacked by a poster that wants us to accept his/her narrow misunderstanding of certain Near Eastern texts of dubious authenticity.

Is this nonsense what I should expect in the Spirituality Forum?
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    24 Aug '08 05:58
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    I started a thread Thread 99051about the morality of ketchup on fish and mayonnaise on hamburgers--both of which should be anathema to all true believers in good food--and it was threadjacked by a poster that wants us to accept his/her narrow misunderstanding of certain Near Eastern texts of dubious authenticity.

We have the same problem in the Science Forum. The christian missionaries taking over a thread that originally is about anything completely different. The keyword of missionaries is that off-topic is verily a virtue.

There are no muslim missionaries, therefore I like them better. You can easily debate with them, with respect to eachother.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Aug '08 08:55
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    We have the same problem in the Science Forum. The christian missionaries taking over a thread that originally is about anything completely different. The keyword of missionaries is that off-topic is verily a virtue.

There are no muslim missionaries, therefore I like them better. You can easily debate with them, with respect to eachother.
    I beg to differ, I believe many of those threads are hi-jacked due to
    people wanting avoid staying on topic and attempting to bring in
    Christian's faith into the discussion so they do not have to continue
    the discussion they were in. You know, like you running away from
    my questions while I answered yours.
    Kelly
  4. The sky
    Moves
    24 Aug '08 12:02

Hell, yes!
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Aug '08 12:261 edit

Never mind all that, have you ever considered giving your heart to Christ? 😛
  6. SEMO
    Moves
    24 Aug '08 13:00

I hope you are not refering to me. Did you see that I did make another thread so I would not be taking your thread too far of topic? If you would go back and look I have not made any other post in your thread sense I took it to another for that very reason.
  7. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    24 Aug '08 14:52
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I beg to differ, I believe many of those threads are hi-jacked due to
    people wanting avoid staying on topic and attempting to bring in
    Christian's faith into the discussion so they do not have to continue
    the discussion they were in. You know, like you running away from
    my questions while I answered yours.
    Kelly
    I doubt that a true Christian's faith is inherently and incessantly off topic. If the Bible's culinary rules do not specifically address restrictions against mayonnaise on ground beef, nevertheless it might offer some principles that can be brought to bear.

In this discussion, as in so many others, the presence of Xtian missionaries and their faith is not what torments those of us longing for reasonable discussion and debate, Rather, it is the utter incapacity of those Xtian missionaries to stay on point. Bring your faith to bear on the issue at hand.
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    24 Aug '08 19:04

This is why we have a Spirituality forum. Debates used to be 70% full of that stuff.
  9. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    24 Aug '08 19:43
    Originally posted by whodey
    Never mind all that, have you ever considered giving your heart to Christ? 😛
    Great, now the thread is hijacked by people promoting live organ donation.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Aug '08 20:401 edit
    You mean you haven't met any. There must have been some somewhere or there wouldn't be any Muslims. I would also include parents teaching Children as a form of 'missionary' in which case all Muslims I know are missionaries. Muslims take getting their children in the religion very very seriously.
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    24 Aug '08 21:30
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    You mean you haven't met any. There must have been some somewhere or there wouldn't be any Muslims. I would also include parents teaching Children as a form of 'missionary' in which case all Muslims I know are missionaries. Muslims take getting their children in the religion very very seriously.
    There are no muslim missionaries here at the Forums. Everywhere I find christian missonaries who want to save someone, trying to persuade people, or even threat people. But I rarely se any muslim missionaries here. Therfore muslims seems to be more agreable. They don't missionary everywhere.

Because we are talking about missionaries threadjackings, don't we?
  12. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    24 Aug '08 23:16
    There are no muslim missionaries here at the Forums.
    And yet the backwards tribal peoples of Europe first learned chess from the more civilized Muslims that conquered Spain and parts of Italy, made inroads into the Caucasus, and then taught some of the rudiments of civilization to the Crusaders attempting to take "the Holy Land" from "the infidel". Seems that a chessplaying site owes quite a debt to the worlds of Islam.
  13. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    24 Aug '08 23:34
    And yet the backwards tribal peoples of Europe first learned chess from the more civilized Muslims that conquered Spain and parts of Italy, made inroads into the Caucasus, and then taught some of the rudiments of civilization to the Crusaders attempting to take "the Holy Land" from "the infidel". Seems that a chessplaying site owes quite a debt to the worlds of Islam.
    we wouldn't evenhave numbers without them, we'd all be using Roman numerals. They worked out the Earths cicurmfrance before we Eurpoeans knew it wasn't flat. And yet they are linked to the most brutal and harsh was of living on this plannet today. This all just goes to show it's about people and what they take from a philiosaphy not what it actually says. Those Islamasists that looked at the world and tried to understand it were reading the same book, even in the same words as the Taliban have been reading.
  14. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    25 Aug '08 00:47
    Originally posted by yo its me
    we wouldn't evenhave numbers without them, we'd all be using Roman numerals. They worked out the Earths cicurmfrance before we Eurpoeans knew it wasn't flat. And yet they are linked to the most brutal and harsh was of living on this plannet today. This all just goes to show it's about people and what they take from a philiosaphy not what it actually says. ...[text shortened]... tand it were reading the same book, even in the same words as the Taliban have been reading.
    Perhaps there's hope for Xtians, too. They do not have to be closedminded threadjacking missionaries, but could seek reason and reasoned discourse.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Aug '08 11:241 edit
    Originally posted by caissad4
    Great, now the thread is hijacked by people promoting live organ donation.
    OK, then have you ever considered becoming an organ donor? After all, it is the gift of life.

Come on, work with me man!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree