1. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    22 Aug '08 20:24
    There's a special place for people that put ketchup on fish and mayonnaise on hamburgers.
  2. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    22 Aug '08 21:04
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    There's a special place for people that put ketchup on fish and mayonnaise on hamburgers.
    Is there a spot where you can get those hamburgers and fish though?
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    22 Aug '08 21:08
    You want to go to hell?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell,_Norway
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Aug '08 21:31
    And ice in beer.
    And coke in aged rum.
  5. SEMO
    Moves
    22 Aug '08 21:422 edits
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    You want to go to hell?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell,_Norway
    Well, I guess this blows a big hole in the argument "there is no physical Hell!" don't you think.? 😛😉😀

Edits: I just had to add smilleys 😀
  6. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    22 Aug '08 22:471 edit
    I have been guilty of the latter. I plead no contest - at certain times there was no good barbeque or rib sauce around.
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    22 Aug '08 23:211 edit
    "And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and scrolls were opened; and another scroll was opened, which [the book] of life. And the dead were judged by the things which were written in the scrools, according to their works.

And the sea gave up te dead which were in it, and death and Hades [Hell] gave up the dead which were in them; and they were judged, each [of them], according to their works.

And death and Hades [Hell] were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. And if anyone was not found written in the books of life, he was cast into the lake of fire." (Rev. 20:12-15)

To assure the one's name is recorded in the book of life one must confess Jesus Christ as their Savior, believing that he was already judged by God on the cross of Christ some 2000 years ago.

Justice was delivered for his sins in the body of Jesus. Jesus carried up our sins in His body onto the cross and paid an atoning sacrifice to purchase our souls out from under the law of God.

This scheme was not invented by man or men. It was established by the authority of God. If you want to avoid eternal damnation you should accept Jesus as your Savior.

(Don't ask about the other guy in particularly quetionable circumstances. That is NOT your situation. Your situation is to reject or receive Jesus as the Lord and Savior who loved you and died and rose from the dead to accomplish an eternal redemption. Your name will be recorded in the book of life. And you will never perish.)

Don't ask about the unborn, the retarded, the people born before Jesus, people in mental illness from birth. Chances are their situation is not your situation. Care now for your OWN situation with seriousness. )

Why would you perish forever. Be saved tonight calling on the name of Jesus as your Lord.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    22 Aug '08 23:311 edit
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [/b]"And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and scrolls were opened; and another scroll was opened, which [the book] of life. And the dead were judged by the things which were written in the scrools, according to their works.

And the sea gave up te dead which were in it, and death and Hades [Hell] gave up the dead which w Why would you perish forever. Be saved tonight calling on the name of Jesus as your Lord.
    A very strange superstition indeed.
  9. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    22 Aug '08 23:312 edits
    "And I saw the dead, t ... [snip]
    Does Jesús put ketchup on his fish?
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    22 Aug '08 23:38
    Does Jesús put ketchup on his fish?
    Maybe if you joke about Jesus enough you can almost kind of convince yourself that everything He taught is a laughing matter.

Do you have enough jokes yet ?
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Aug '08 23:40
    It should be the other way round? Would that then qualify one for heaven?
  12. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    22 Aug '08 23:41
    Maybe if you joke about Jesus enough you can almost kind of convince yourself that everything He taught is a laughing matter.

Do you have enough jokes yet ?
    Jesús did not teach his followers to ignore the rules for capitalization of pronouns, nor to shut off their brains in science class. If his self-professed followers really got in line behind him, most of America's Republicans would be out of work.
  13. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    22 Aug '08 23:42
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    It should be the other way round? Would that then qualify one for heaven?
    Don't forget the mustard, which by the way had a special place in the world of Jesús.
  14. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    22 Aug '08 23:44
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    A very strange superstition indeed.
    This is a very strange thread. Indeed!
  15. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    22 Aug '08 23:57
    Jesús did not teach his followers to ignore the rules for capitalization of pronouns, nor to shut off their brains in science class. If his self-professed followers really got in line behind him, most of America's Republicans would be out of work.
    ======================================

==========================================

I think you need to put things into perspective and not get sidetracked with other issues.

Your entire life each day is recorded before God. You need the redemption of Christ. You'll be speechless when God asks of you to give an account for some of the things you have said and done.

I more so than you.

This not a political matter. We foound ourselves to exist in this universe without asking for it. And its King is holy and perfect. And we have become sinners.

If God just loved us and let us off the hook He would be loving but He would not be righteous. On the other hand if He were to judge us with no thought of love or mercy He would be unloving.

At the cross of Jesus the love of God and the righteousness of God are at work. They are at work together. He will forgive us. But it will be a righteous forgiveness, a forgiveness which comes up to His righteous standard.

From our side it seems like free forgiveness. From God's side there is no such thing as free forgiveness. We have been purchased out from under the law of God by the atoning redemption of Jesus.

This procedure did not come out of human imagination. It was established by the authority of God.

Each tick of the clock is bringing us closer to the moment in which we will stand before God. We need to be hidden in Christ as out acceptance and righteousness.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree